Pars v Doonhamers

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, smpar said:

4e21143ef11343863adc8b044494c598.jpg

Pars fans weren't joking were they? That is the worst decision I've ever seen. Not important in the scheme of things but it really is nearer the tarmac than the pitch!

No hint of a foul there on the goal, it's just a bad error from Brownlie, something he'd largely cut out of his game up to now.

Hoof hoof hoofity hoof.  Not a great watch. Neither side deserved 3 points for that, though Pars excellent move plus shot off the inside of the post was a quality above most of the rest of the game. 

Thomas played well again and Pars defenders doubled up on him every time but drawing an extra defender we rarely capitalised on, since we were playing with one forward. Hoofball to Dobbie is a pointless and depressing experience. The poor guy must be wondering where the beautiful game went. Having praised Thomas, I have to say he has got to improve his corner kicks. Two straight to their keeper and one straight into the side net. What a waste! Going forward we produced some decent play occasionally but the final ball was invariably poor.

37 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Indeed. How can the assistant not give that as being out :lol:. Fantastic stuff.

He didn't give it simply because he wasn't watching play. I looked to where the lino was just as it looked like Hammil  was not going to keep it in and he had his back to the incident but was looking across the park and not back along the line. He'll still think he justified his wages anyway. Like on Saturday against Falkirk when Brownlie clearly put the ball out for what should have been a Falkirk goal-kick, yet lino signals a corner. Plus it hit Brownlie's hand so double miss by the lino.

57 minutes ago, BIGdavieT said:

As a Morton fan I presume you're an expert so maybe you could give us some tips?

(I don't count the seaside league.)

You presume incorrectly: it is after all Queen of the South who have failed to mount a credible promotion challenge to the top flight for 55 years. Pointless mid-table mediocrity in the second tier is clearly the best that you can ever hope for; with only long spells slumming it in the seaside leagues to break up the tedium. 

Thanks for playing anyway. 

Gavin-Gunning-profile-large-e1473948670792_300x450_acf_cropped.jpg

2 hours ago, Hawk said:

Hmm, who do you support, we were also trying to play football on a dreadful surface?

If you care to check the time of one of my postings it was when I entered the ground and his team were warming up at the far end. Not quite sure how Gav could post and be taking part in his their warm up at the same time. (Goes and puts kettle on and awaits usual comments from usual posters)

You're an absolute moron, Gav.

2 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

So how bad was this "open goal" Clark missed? Going by last night's commentary it was a sitter but given no one has mentioned on here I'm assuming it wasn't that bad. It clears up my thoughts about the commentators though. They weren't just biased, they were just utter tools.

I have absolutely no idea what incident this could be referring to. 

2 hours ago, smpar said:

4e21143ef11343863adc8b044494c598.jpg

Staggering. Worst thing about it is the ball travels a little bit more before Hamill kicks it so it's even closer to the tarmac but neither the linesman nor the ref noticed. The worst decision I've seen at a Pars game since Kevin Harper got given offside for reaching his own through ball.

Indeed. How can the assistant not give that as being out :lol:. Fantastic stuff.

I honestly thought I must have just exaggerated it in my head at the time, but it's even worse than I thought.

The throw-in/corner incident was even funnier. The boy didn't have a fucking clue what was going on.

You presume incorrectly: it is after all Queen of the South who have failed to mount a credible promotion challenge to the top flight for 55 years. Pointless mid-table mediocrity in the second tier is clearly the best that you can ever hope for; with only long spells slumming it in the seaside leagues to break up the tedium. 
Thanks for playing anyway. 
Gavin-Gunning-profile-large-e1473948670792_300x450_acf_cropped.jpg

Ha ha enjoy the AMAZING season you're having!

3 hours ago, Hawk said:

Hmm, who do you support, we were also trying to play football on a dreadful surface?

If you care to check the time of one of my postings it was when I entered the ground and his team were warming up at the far end. Not quite sure how Gav could post and be taking part in his their warm up at the same time. (Goes and puts kettle on and awaits usual comments from usual posters)

Oh dear. The you can`t be a real supporter if you criticise the team argument.

And with regard to the 2nd point, lighten up, just a bit of fun. I don`t actually think you are Gavin Reilly :lol:

That's what we used to do when James Fowler was in charge - most notably and successfully in the Rangers play-off season - but many a voice was heard  "get it up the park".
Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

A lot of truth in that. Under James Fowler we actually passed the ball well even in season 2015/16. No doubt at all that the quality of our ball retention in both of the "Fowler years" was miles better than it is now. Problem was that none of the midfield attempted to get into the box in his second season and we had a lot of cheap possession that didn't hurt teams.

Guess we need to find a balance between the two - at present for me there is no pattern to our play and while we are workmanlike, the quality is really lacking.

I am disappointed that despite making some decent signings Gary Naysmith hasn't really established any consistent style of play. I would describe it as percentage football - knock the ball forward into final third and hope to feed Dobbie and Thomas on second/ third balls. We have two big assets there but the quality of service to them is generally very poor.

49 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Rankin should definitely have been off, the linesman wouldn't have had a better view but sadly he does seem to be a bit visually impaired.

Sods law he plays a part in the equaliser.

Based on the evidence of your tv coverage I don't think that changes my initial opinion that it's no more than a booking. I'd have been more fearful for Brownlie to be honest.

Archived