Stephen Daisley

Fide

32 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

You questioned whether she had any support in Scotland? She clearly did, certainly in 1979 which secured her position as PM for the next 11 years and Britain's longest serving Prime Minister of the 20th Century, (agree with her policies or not). It isn't me that's struggling pal.

No I didn't. I asked you which country you said she "must" have enjoyed support in. You avoided answering that, and suggested that she "must" have enjoyed support in Scotland. As I've demonstrated, she did not require support in Scotland to govern Scotland. Your usual tactic of trying to worm your way out of justifying your nonsensical claims doesn't cut it anymore, Rab.

Let me make clear again - at no point did I question whether Thatcher had "any" support in Scotland. Either you're an outright liar or you struggle to understand the words you read. Try in future addressing points actually made, not the ones you want to be made.

No I didn't. I asked you which country you said she "must" have enjoyed support in. You avoided answering that, and suggested that she "must" have enjoyed support in Scotland. As I've demonstrated, she did not require support in Scotland to govern Scotland. Your usual tactic of trying to worm your way out of justifying your nonsensical claims doesn't cut it anymore, Rab.

Let me make clear again - at no point did I question whether Thatcher had "any" support in Scotland. Either you're an outright liar or you struggle to understand the words you read. Try in future addressing points actually made, not the ones you want to be made.

Have a read of the link again, if the 22 seats she (the Tories) won in Scotland hadn't been secured, she would not have enjoyed a majority at WM or indeed have become Prime Minister.

She needed that required level of support Scotland to Govern the UK as a whole not just a mandate to serve Scotland. Do you see the difference, or as usual are you just being purposefully obtuse?

Away to the game the now

Have a read of the link again, if the 22 seats she (the Tories) won in Scotland hadn't been secured, she would not have enjoyed a majority at WM or indeed have become Prime Minister.
She needed that required level of support Scotland to Govern the UK as a whole not just a mandate to serve Scotland. Do you see the difference, or as usual are you just being purposefully obtuse?

Away to the game the now

Hope the Accies win

7 hours ago, RedRob72 said:

Technically, she might not have had a majority, but realistically she would have been Prime Minister with a working majority.

Even though the Ulster Unionists had withdrawn from their traditional alliance with the Conservatives, they remained members of he National Union of Conservative and Unionist Associations. It is highly unlikely that they would not have supported Thatcher as PM or have voted against her.

Conservative 339 minus 22 Scottish seats = 317 plus 5 Ulster Unionists = 322 total

All other parties  291 plus 22 Scottish seats = 313 seats minus George Thomas (the Speaker) = 312 total

Conservative working majority = 10, or 5 if the Ulster Unionists abstained

• 2 months later...

He's just a parody these days since he found employ with the Daily Heil.

He did actually write a few decent pieces in the run up to Indyref in 2014.  Now he's just a literal mess, in every sense of the word.

On 2017-3-7 at 09:13, Colkitto said:

He's either on his way to heart disease or diabetes or both.

McDonalds.

Edited by ayrmad

• 2 months later...
His protege Aiden Kerr is trying his best to become an even bigger w****r that Daisley  

I was briefly at uni with Aiden before he left to take the STV job. He was spot on then but haven't paid much attention to what he's done since. Seen him pop up a lot on twitter banging on about FOI requests recently