Broadchurch Returns

throbber

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Taxi driver is too obvious, it will be someone we didn't suspect but the rest will be covering. It might be the Latimer father who did it.

There will be something sinister to do with Millers kid as well.

1 hour ago, The Minertaur said:

Come on then who does everybody think it is?  Person who get's it right shall receive a shiny greeny.

My money's on the taxi driver and his kid.  

Do we get a riddy if we're wrong?

Assuming no, then I go for the estranged husband. 

14 hours ago, dogmc said:

Good decision not to do more series. I do think its excellent but better to end with high quality than end up milking it and ruining it. Have enjoyed this series more than series 2 despite fact that im bored shitless with the Latimer storyline. Kinda with previous poster who said Miller n hardy should be a thing n drop the rest of the characters. The two of them are utter class. Tennant threatening the teens was excellent. Sure his accent got broader as he got angrier

Think the Latimers might be a symbol of how the town is broken by the events in the three series. Suspect the parents will be shown to be on the path to reconciliation at the end as a sign of the town healing. They'll probably want to end with that, which is why the storyline has been dragged out. But those scenes dealing with the fallout from Danny's death have become really tedious.

The reveal in the first series came early in the final episode, and I wouldn't be surprised if they did the same again this time. If that's the case, the taxi driver's family do seem to be where the culprit lies, given how the last episode ended. 

On 14/04/2017 at 10:47, The Minertaur said:

Come on then who does everybody think it is?  Person who get's it right shall receive a shiny greeny.

Young Tom Miller killed Danny Lattimer. Think that will come out. Joe is innocent.

The taxi driver, the young guy who runs the rope factory and the fella who helps Jim in the garage are all in it together doing rape videos which they distribute online.

Apart from that i haven't a fucking clue:lol:

Dunno if it's the right word to say I enjoyed that, because it was fucking brutal towards the end.

Still, think this season was overall really well done and will definitely miss not having it to watch on a Monday

Kinda felt it was a bit of an anticlimax tbh. If tom miller wasnt going to be the actual killer of Danny i cant see what the Latimer storyline really added to this series. Still a cut above most stuff on telly n a great cast....just expected wee bit more from the finale. Found the whole community in the church thing a wee bit americanised n cheesy.

On 4/14/2017 at 10:47, The Minertaur said:

Half a greeny to me :lol:

6 hours ago, dogmc said:

Kinda felt it was a bit of an anticlimax tbh. If tom miller wasnt going to be the actual killer of Danny i cant see what the Latimer storyline really added to this series. Still a cut above most stuff on telly n a great cast....just expected wee bit more from the finale. Found the whole community in the church thing a wee bit americanised n cheesy.

I agree with this.  The whole investigation was wrapped up brilliantly but I just felt the ending just didn't seem very final.

Enjoyed the season but too many useless storylines that led to nothing

The Latimers? What was the point in them being in it?

The old woman and the argument over the newspaper etc? Why?

The priest who had a fair share of screen time. Why?

Yes Twinkle, it was nowhere near as good as the first two series. I'm not sure that i stand by my claim that the sexual assault wasn't as gripping as a murdered child as that was a good finale and a right sinister twist which was expected but the meaningless stories just dragged it out and didn't come to any sort of conclusion. 

Was still better than series 2 for me but too many pointless storyline that didn't go anywhere or add anything overall. The latimers in particular could have been completely edited out and it would have had no negative impact at all.

It wasn't the greatest ending but decent enough.

The Lattimer's were more about closure for the family,it would have been good to see them as one big happy family at the end but life isn't always like that .

I didn't really see the point of the newspaper thing either . I suppose it wS highlighting the need for change within the make up of the town but just seemed silly and  a waste of time.

Hard to say wether they'll do more,the makers have said not but I'm sure they could be tempted , sometimes you're better going out on a high which they have done IMO but to be honest the 2 lead characters are so good together it would be a shame not to see them again.

So was there any need for Aaron Mayford?  The guy who said he was off mackerel fishing but they found that out to be rubbish.  Where was he? Where's the priest off to? What happened to the girl that Hardy went on a date with?

I'm certain there will be another season somewhere down the line.

It wasn't the greatest ending but decent enough.
The Lattimer's were more about closure for the family,it would have been good to see them as one big happy family at the end but life isn't always like that .
I didn't really see the point of the newspaper thing either . I suppose it wS highlighting the need for change within the make up of the town but just seemed silly and  a waste of time.
Hard to say wether they'll do more,the makers have said not but I'm sure they could be tempted , sometimes you're better going out on a high which they have done IMO but to be honest the 2 lead characters are so good together it would be a shame not to see them again.

Id happily watch miller n hardy n never see another of the other characters again. Those two are absolute tv gold.

Archived