Broadchurch Returns

throbber

Anyone watch the first instalment of this on Monday?

Not quite as gripping as the first one as a sexual assault on an old woman who quite clearly isn't all there doesn't grip the audience in the way a murdered child would but I'm sure it will come good.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes it was decent and it's obviously going to lead back to the Lattimers pretty soon and hopefully the child killer will get the jail one way or another. Think it's a great series though and Coleman and Tennant are a great pairing.

Solid second episode as well.  Can't wait for the Broadchurch Echo to be saved.

FTFY.

Yeah a solid second episode last night, it's quite a gripping story. Lenny Henry's character and his daughter seem a bit strange...

Nope. It's the third and final series.

Was the one with Daniel Latimer season 2 then? I didn't know there was one previous and thought the old case Tenant was involved in wasn't a series in itself and just him struggling with the memory of it.

3 hours ago, Fisherman said:

Trish being a dirty slut was a bit unexpected any quite ridiculous tbh. The most 'wid not' of all time.

Pft...when you reach the age of 57 you'll do well to remember that it's not just the younger, prettier ones who like the boaby and that your eyelids have a very useful function ;)

Anyway, I'd never watched Broadchurch before but saw both episodes last night based on this thread.  Really enjoyable stuff with Coleman stealing the show and Tennant excelling as a tetchy b*****d.

Will watch the next episodes.

1 hour ago, throbber said:

Was the one with Daniel Latimer season 2 then? I didn't know there was one previous and thought the old case Tenant was involved in wasn't a series in itself and just him struggling with the memory of it.

His death and subsequent murder investigation was Season 1. The murder trial of the accused, mixed in with the reinvestigation Tennant's previous case (Thornbrook?) was Season 2.

I couldn't remember that I thought the boys death and the trial was all in series 1. Must have watched 1 on catch up just before 2 came out.

Haven't even watched Monday's episode yet

On 3/8/2017 at 12:59, Bold Rover said:

I thought this week's episode was less gripping - rather like the previous series, actually. Like Cabot Cove and Midsomer, Broadchurch is evidently a place to avoid.

Pfft away - have you seen how good the weather is there? 

Another great episode last night.  Tennant and Coleman are fantastic in this.  Hardy on his date last night was hilarious.

So we've now got another potential suspect. Plus what are the odds that the videos the boys have been watching are of the incident?

Whose everybodies money on?  I really don't have a clue right now.  Will end up being somebody whose only been mentioned briefly so far!

Archived