Southern Ireland

invergowrie arab

Well, western Ireland really.

Have 5 days in Ireland in May flying into Dublin and hire car booked. Where should I go?

I really fancy west coast and my main interests are hillwalking and trad music so Kerry Mountains and Dingle peninsula seem a good start.

Also fancy Galway and Connemara.

Just wondering if 2 nights in Dingle and 2 in Galway is trying to cram too much in or if I should just choose the one base?

Any advice or other places to go welcome.

On 01/03/2017 at 23:44, invergowrie arab said:

Have 5 days in Ireland in May flying into Dublin and hire car booked. Where should I go?

I really fancy west coast and my main interests are hillwalking and trad music so Kerry Mountains and Dingle peninsula seem a good start.

Just wondering if 2 nights in Dingle and 2 in Galway is trying to cram too much in or if I should just choose the one base?

If you visit Galway there's a village about an hour and a half away from Galway City called Roundstone, great for fishing and for walking.  Galway City is great for a night out.  Only other recommendation I can give is to spend as little time in Dublin as possible.

On 3/1/2017 at 23:44, invergowrie arab said:

^^^

2017-03-12-09-53-12-444976901.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just forget the car and spend your time around the temple bar area of Dublin getting pissed. And maybe fit in a tour of the Guinness distillery where you get a free pint at the top at the glass bar with a nice view over the city. I have also heard Limerick is a lovely place full of lovely, well educated people.

Couple of nights in Dingle and a couple of nights doing some of the ring of Jerry or drive through killarney national park, going through molls gap is stunning.

Get right into Jerry's Ring alright.

Go to Kilarney and Dingle. Avoid Tralee. Spend a night in Galway but head out to Spiddal and the Gaeltacht area. Lovely stuff..

• 2 weeks later...

Update. Dingle brilliant but too many Americans.

Galway an amazing night out food , whiskey and music all fantastic and Connemara is brilliant too.

Everyone should go.

The wife bullied me into a night in Dublin on way home. Busy, dirty, expensive,Guinness theme park. Utter shite.

18 hours ago, ICTChris said:

I heard that Ed Sheeran song about Galway on the radio the other day, what a load of fucking shite.

It sounds like ripoff of a Steve Earle song 

Sharon Shannon version

• 2 weeks later...

Archived