Colville Park FC

Michael Kennedy

I have been responding to various people throughout the day regarding the statement that was released by Colville Park Country Club, I just want to clear a few things up because the rumours have been circulating all day.this post won't cover everything but will give you a taste of what has gone on. 

Firstly the reason for leaving, when people visit or play at Colville Park you would have seen the set up, out with cutting the grass everything else you witnessed in terms of infrastructure was put in place by the football club it's self with no support. The truth is the country club turned off the heating during the winter because we refused to play a game at there request, this has resulted in the roofs falling in because of dampness, the floors lifting the changing rooms are in total dis repair and unusable withouth significant capital investment. They also cancelled our hospitality on a match day because we played at Dalziel incase the park cut up. The truth is we felt totally unwanted.

With regards to sponsorship we recieved nothing from the country club other than hospitality, in fact each player, back room staff and committee has to pay a £40 membership to play at Colville park each season. This results in us giving the club over £1,500 each season. The football club covers this each term. If we were having a presentation night we paid fur our own buffet and entertainment. We actually gave more than we recieved.

Going forward we will be receiving hospitality from the electric bar, Craig who owns the pub his staff and maxi have been so supportive and really looked after us in such a short space time and we greatly appreciate their support. 

We will continue to be Colville Park and will continue to push and strive to run the most professional club we can, creating an environment that players thrive in and love to be a part of.

I also think at this minute it's important to recognise Gerry, Joe and Andy ( Andy has had is life time membership revoked after over 40 years service at the country club that shows you the strength of these people)  who have grown Colville Park FC from nothing to one of the top clubs in amature football, I'm blessed to have been given the opportunity to take over the management of the club, and so lucky to have such a great back room team, and the most committed, talented passionate players I have ever shared a changing room with. 

Thank to everyone who has shown their concern and support today.

I have been responding to various people throughout the day regarding the statement that was released by Colville Park Country Club, I just want to clear a few things up because the rumours have been circulating all day.this post won't cover everything but will give you a taste of what has gone on. 
Firstly the reason for leaving, when people visit or play at Colville Park you would have seen the set up, out with cutting the grass everything else you witnessed in terms of infrastructure was put in place by the football club it's self with no support. The truth is the country club turned off the heating during the winter because we refused to play a game at there request, this has resulted in the roofs falling in because of dampness, the floors lifting the changing rooms are in total dis repair and unusable withouth significant capital investment. They also cancelled our hospitality on a match day because we played at Dalziel incase the park cut up. The truth is we felt totally unwanted.
With regards to sponsorship we recieved nothing from the country club other than hospitality, in fact each player, back room staff and committee has to pay a £40 membership to play at Colville park each season. This results in us giving the club over £1,500 each season. The football club covers this each term. If we were having a presentation night we paid fur our own buffet and entertainment. We actually gave more than we recieved.
Going forward we will be receiving hospitality from the electric bar, Craig who owns the pub his staff and maxi have been so supportive and really looked after us in such a short space time and we greatly appreciate their support. 
We will continue to be Colville Park and will continue to push and strive to run the most professional club we can, creating an environment that players thrive in and love to be a part of.
I also think at this minute it's important to recognise Gerry, Joe and Andy ( Andy has had is life time membership revoked after over 40 years service at the country club that shows you the strength of these people)  who have grown Colville Park FC from nothing to one of the top clubs in amature football, I'm blessed to have been given the opportunity to take over the management of the club, and so lucky to have such a great back room team, and the most committed, talented passionate players I have ever shared a changing room with. 
Thank to everyone who has shown their concern and support today.

Joe the kit man!!!has he not been there at colville from the start? How's his feelings with it all??

• 4 weeks later...

A fantastic set up, i played there with BP Ams and Denny Westpark 20 odd years ago and Colville were just starting to become a very good team then so lots of hard work done by the committee to keep this going and stay at the top level of Amateur football.

Archived