Mark McGhee sacked

3 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

Good post, is this Robinson character an option in the eyes of the board?

I hope not. He hardly set the footballing world on fire at Oldham.

To be honest I'd forgot Robinson was back until I read it on here

1 minute ago, harry94 said:

When a board goes behind a manager and appoints someone to work with him, it's all going to end soon even if not intended. It's a massive loss of trust.

Ah! I totally misread your post. I thought you were asking whether the board had emptied McGhee or whether he'd stepped down. Apologies.

There's nothing 100% on whose decision Robinson coming back was though McGhee alluded to the possibility of the upcoming suspension himself in interviews last week and he seemed happy enough to have Robinson back.

Given circumstances with the 7-2 against Aberdeed, McFadden's inexperience in the assistant role not to mention McGhee's increasingly regular heads gone moments bringing in another experienced coach who's well regarded at the club didn't really seem particularly Machiavellian in motive tbh.

7 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

One of my closest mates is a Motherwell fan and the texts that he was sending me at halftime the other day were the most angry I've ever heard him about a Motherwell team/manager.  And he was one of the folk happy at his return.

I can imagine.

After the 7-2 loss to Aberdeen and 5-1 home defeat to Dundee this had to happen.  Its the correct decision.  Mark McGhee had lost the players obviously and certainly lost the fans as we saw and heard last Saturday.  Maybe his brush with authority was also a factor.

Correct decision. 

Done a terrific job last year but this season has been very poor and recently we've just lurched from one disaster to another.

Even after the Aberdeen debacle I was willing to give him to the end of the season but to follow that up with shipping 5 goals in the 1st half on Saturday it was clear something had to change.

Clutching at straws but did Robinson's Oldham not have a good defensive record but struggled to score? If he could even just tighten things up at the back in the short term, with the firepower of Moult and McDonald up front hopefully we can start to pick up a few points.