Clyde vs Montrose

Gibson. Partly responsible for both goals, hope that is his last game.

McNeil. Had probably his worse game of the season tonight, normally reliable.

McMillan. He was so bad at times, eyesight not what it used to be i honestly thought it was Johnstone playing at right back.

Perry. Absolute mince.

Smith. At least he won a few headers and nowhere near as bad as Perry.

Linton. Not interested at all, only minutes left on the clock with a throw in on the edge of the Montrose box but couldnt be arsed running over to take it.

Higgins. perfected his David McCallum impression.

McLaughlin. At least he was trying.

MacKenzie. Huffed and puffed without making any impression on the game.

Fergie. One of the few with passmarks

MacDonald. Won a few headers and grabbed a goal, not a lot else

Gormley/Johnstone. Both came on and showed a bit of passion and determination, so i imagine they have earned a place on the bench for Saturday.

McNiff. Did ok no complaints about his performance.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Pride Of The Clyde said:

Gibson. Partly responsible for both goals, hope that is his last game.

McNeil. Had probably his worse game of the season tonight, normally reliable.

McMillan. He was so bad at times, eyesight not what it used to be i honestly thought it was Johnstone playing at right back.

Perry. Absolute mince.

Smith. At least he won a few headers and nowhere near as bad as Perry.

Linton. Not interested at all, only minutes left on the clock with a throw in on the edge of the Montrose box but couldnt be arsed running over to take it.

Higgins. perfected his David McCallum impression.

McLaughlin. At least he was trying.

MacKenzie. Huffed and puffed without making any impression on the game.

Fergie. One of the few with passmarks

MacDonald. Won a few headers and grabbed a goal, not a lot else

Gormley/Johnstone. Both came on and showed a bit of passion and determination, so i imagine they have earned a place on the bench for Saturday.

McNiff. Did ok no complaints about his performance.

Can't disagree with most of that expect that I thought McMillan was our best starter by miles, and that Smith was much worse than Perry. Linton sold the first goal more than Gibson did and he's completely wasted stuck out on the left in any case. Frightening how bad the team looked and whilst I can allow for a lack of confidence (notably affecting the likes of McNeil), I can't excuse the lack of effort from some of them.

I've never been that close to leaving a Clyde game early. Only positive is surely to goodness the board will not mess about for a few weeks before getting a new guy in. They should be working around the clock.

Can't disagree with most of that expect that I thought McMillan was our best starter by miles, and that Smith was much worse than Perry. Linton sold the first goal more than Gibson did and he's completely wasted stuck out on the left in any case. Frightening how bad the team looked and whilst I can allow for a lack of confidence (notably affecting the likes of McNeil), I can't excuse the lack of effort from some of them.
I've never been that close to leaving a Clyde game early. Only positive is surely to goodness the board will not mess about for a few weeks before getting a new guy in. They should be working around the clock.

David you were doing so well up until the last paragraph

Messing about ? we are officially the second worst team in Scotland what hell do you think they have been doing for the past 5 years [emoji23]

18 minutes ago, David W said:

Gibson shouted to Linton to clear it down the line. I'd rather we asked Raith for a loan of Ryan Stevenson to play in goals instead of Gibson. 

4 minutes ago, Chris_DK said:

Gibson shouted to Linton to clear it down the line. I'd rather we asked Raith for a loan of Ryan Stevenson to play in goals instead of Gibson. 

He should have cleared it down the line then. How on Earth can that be Gibson's fault :lol: 

So in Bob's audio, well the bits that are coherent, he says he does not know about his own position! Take it then he might be wanting to sit out his contract. 

No wonder we are the laughing stock we are....finished plain and simple!

I have been a big fan of scott Linton but that tonight was disgraceful. He is capable of far better, can only think he is playing with an injury or has just chucked it completely.

Team was so quiet tonight as well, nobody organising or dished out some much needed kicks up arses. Totally flat until a few sparks in the last 15 mins. Smith was a complete carthorse, wasn't surprised to see him hooked but what was with taking off Fergie? Not an injury i hope.

So in Bob's audio, well the bits that are coherent, he says he does not know about his own position! Take it then he might be wanting to sit out his contract. 
No wonder we are the laughing stock we are....finished plain and simple!

They won't get anyone in , they will hope Malcolm can get them some results
Doubt there is any money to pay him off or get a replacement

Gross mismanagement

We should be kicked out the League for giving Clyde their only points in months... :oops

Bit harsh

Think the embarrassment of not beating that crowd of impostors is hard enough punishment[emoji6]

Couldn't wait to get back to the pub after that shite.
What a welcome back after stopping to go to games and hand my good cash over.

Got slagged off by mates and had to take it as I had no answer to the banter.

A new manager will have to be able to work miracles to get anything out of that lot of nobodies.

Never saw a glimpse of hope amongst the shit I witnessed tonight.
Don't know exactly where to point the finger but there's not many who would escape blame.

Hope is all that is left for us fans of a club that should be at a higher level.

51 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Where you might've been in the past counts for f**k all I'm afraid.

Brutal. I know you can only play what you're up against but aside from Clyde's less than stellar performance and three precious points heading back to the Angus Riviera, would anyone who was at the match, who isn't currently engaged in Clyde's internecine self-harm orgy, be willing to talk more objectively about the game itself, if that is not too much to ask, please?

Couldn't wait to get back to the pub after that shite.
What a welcome back after stopping to go to games and hand my good cash over.

Got slagged off by mates and had to take it as I had no answer to the banter.

A new manager will have to be able to work miracles to get anything out of that lot of nobodies.

Never saw a glimpse of hope amongst the shit I witnessed tonight.
Don't know exactly where to point the finger but there's not many who would escape blame.

Hope is all that is left for us fans of a club that should be at a higher level.

Why should you be at a higher level?

Brutal. I know you can only play what you're up against but aside from Clyde's less than stellar performance and three precious points heading back to the Angus Riviera, would anyone who was at the match, who isn't currently engaged in Clyde's internecine self-harm orgy, be willing to talk more objectively about the game itself, if that is not too much to ask, please?

First have Montrose passed the ball well and for most coupes of nice short passing moves around the box the boy playing down the right was going past our players with ease big templeman not the lightest on his feet was made to look iike Messi all for good save from gibson it would have been 3 0 half time , that said we were abject stood off didn't challenge for any second balls can't really remember the Montrose goalie have a save first half

Second half was a bit of a non event until the last twenty minutes another save from gibson prevented 3 0 we got a goal back but in my opinion never looked like equalising, not sure if we our late minor rally ( maybe not even that ) was down to Montrose sitting in
the wee right winger gave our defence a torid time all in all deserved win for Montrose

And huge respect to small band of Montrose fans who made the trip cracking bunch of guys [emoji122]

Archived