Killie v Motherwell

53 minutes ago, Killieallan said:

Kilmarnock,Raith Rovers,Livingstone,St Johnstone,St MIrren, Inverness,Ross County,Dundee Utd,Hibs and Aberdeen have all picked up one of the 2 major trophies since Motherwell last won either and Killie and Hibs have managed to win both.

I fancy Ayr as wee outsider for the Scottish cup this year so it must be worry that this list could get bigger while Moterwell continue to lurch from crisis to crisis , I think teams like Hamilton , Morton and Falkirk look more likely to make this list next before Motherwell do.

Your post essentially backs up the fact that any club can win a trophy. 

Our record in top flight football is superior to Killie by some distance. 

You guys are struggling to deal with this fact. Sad in many ways. 

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was enjoying that 

The stress is getting to me and I don't mind admitting it. 

We have both been in winning play offs - but not much fun until the 2nd leg final whistle. 

Either way both teams will be bottom 6 and possibly fighting relegation off and on for foreseeable future. Sad but probably true.

Heard on the radio last night that the chap taking the Motherwell team on Saturday was only himself appointed by McGhee a week or so ago?

Seems a strange thing for the board to keep allowing him to bring people in at such an uncertain stage - or has the James McFadden thing been partly blamed for the downturn in their fortunes?

Heard on the radio last night that the chap taking the Motherwell team on Saturday was only himself appointed by McGhee a week or so ago?

Seems a strange thing for the board to keep allowing him to bring people in at such an uncertain stage - or has the James McFadden thing been partly blamed for the downturn in their fortunes?

Tbf Robinson had been our Assistant manager for about a year and a half before he went to Oldham at the start of the season, so it wasn't really a massive gamble on the board's part to let McGhee bring him in.

Tbf Robinson had been our Assistant manager for about a year and a half before he went to Oldham at the start of the season, so it wasn't really a massive gamble on the board's part to let McGhee bring him in.

Didn't realise that. Who'd have thought Radio Scotland would be so misleadingly sensationalist?

11 hours ago, welldaft said:

Our record in top flight football is superior to Killie by some distance. 

You guys are struggling to deal with this fact. Sad in many ways. 

Give me actually winning stuff any day over a few extra seasons/higher finishes. 

It's little wonder you lot never win anything when you are happy to accept Premier League survival over trophies.

Sad in many ways. 

16 hours ago, welldaft said:

We have also played in the Uefa Cup, Cup Winners Cup, Europa League and Champions League.  It may have been qualifiers - but all 4 European competitions.

In the last 10 years we have finished 2nd and 3rd (twice). 

That's sad as f**k.

This is sad.

We've  sunk to the depths of arguing with dross like Killie about who's the least pishy provincial club.

We're not from Ayrshire though, so we win.

This is sad.

We've  sunk to the depths of arguing with dross like Killie about who's the least pishy provincial club.

Dross?.... People in glass houses my friend.

7 minutes ago, deky said:

This is sad.

North Motherwell is worse than anywhere in Ayrshire. Sorry to disappoint. 

4 minutes ago, Nadroj said:

North Motherwell is worse than anywhere in Ayrshire. Sorry to disappoint.

Hmm.

They didnae film The Scheme in North Motherwell.

2 minutes ago, deky said:

Hmm.

They didnae film The Scheme in North Motherwell.

They could have filmed the scheme in almost any town in Scotland - Glenrothes, Kilwinning, Airdrie, the list goes on. Every town has its shiteholes after all...

Anyway, back on topic, we're both diddy teams and that's that.

3 minutes ago, Andy_K_97 said:

They could have filmed the scheme in almost any town in Scotland - Glenrothes, Kilwinning, Airdrie, the list goes on. Every town has its shiteholes after all...

Anyway, back on topic, we're both diddy teams and that's that.

True, but they chose Kilmarnock :P

I do agree about the diddieness unfortunately.

1 hour ago, deky said:

This is sad.

I've been to M&D's.  It's a hovel, frankly.

Archived