Killie v Motherwell

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tait's done the pre-match press and from the sound of things he's available for selection. Quite a weird interview tbh, I suppose it's understandable if he's guarded in his comments. I'm maybe reading into it but he doesn't really say much about McGhee.

Either way if Tait's available at right back and with McMillan or Hammell at left back then assuming we go with Heneghan and McHugh as centre halves then hopefully we can fire Jules and Chalmers into the sun and try and forget that utter shitshow last week ever happened.

15 hours ago, welldaft said:

3rd longest stay in the top flight and most successful provincial side in Scotland including Killie.

Are you? Killie have 1 top league title, 3 Scottish Cups and a 1 League Cup. Well have 1 top League title, 2 Scottish Cups and 1 League Cup.

16 hours ago, welldaft said:

Truth is I would expect that drivel from certain other fans. 

Killie have a been a model of fiscal prudence. Banks were not doing deals when we went into Admin...

3rd longest stay in the top flight and most successful provincial side in Scotland including Killie.

But if it makes you feel better...

God, Queens Park won loads 70 years ago too. Well done. Pity the last time you won something the Well Bois were still swimming about their dad's sack.You have finished bottom and escaped relegation by a technicality. Bravo. 

Not our fault you went into admin at the time you did. That said, you'd have been relegated if you had gone into admin due to the points deduction. But if it makes you feel better. 

Although, how do you figure out the most successful provincial club bit? Champions of Scotland once, 2 Scottish Cups and a League Cup? 

I know a team from Ayrshire that's won that plus an extra Scottish Cup, whilst making a European Semi Final.....

41 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

God, Queens Park won loads 70 years ago too. Well done. Pity the last time you won something the Well Bois were still swimming about their dad's sack.You have finished bottom and escaped relegation by a technicality. Bravo. 

Not our fault you went into admin at the time you did. That said, you'd have been relegated if you had gone into admin due to the points deduction. But if it makes you feel better. 

Although, how do you figure out the most successful provincial club bit? Champions of Scotland once, 2 Scottish Cups and a League Cup? 

I know a team from Ayrshire that's won that plus an extra Scottish Cup, whilst making a European Semi Final.....

Unlike some on here I would not make it up if I had a point to prove. 

http://www.worldfootball.net/alltime_table/sco-premiership/

We have also played in the Uefa Cup, Cup Winners Cup, Europa League and Champions League.  It may have been qualifiers - but all 4 European competitions.

In the last 10 years we have finished 2nd and 3rd (twice).  The best Killie have done is 4th if I am not mistaken.  If you want to talk about 70 years ago because you can clearly remember

I will give you the trophies, but in terms of top flight over all time you are a distant 2nd - sorry you have to read that here..

32 minutes ago, welldaft said:

Unlike some on here I would not make it up if I had a point to prove. 

http://www.worldfootball.net/alltime_table/sco-premiership/

We have also played in the Uefa Cup, Cup Winners Cup, Europa League and Champions League.  It may have been qualifiers - but all 4 European competitions.

In the last 10 years we have finished 2nd and 3rd (twice).  The best Killie have done is 4th if I am not mistaken.  If you want to talk about 70 years ago because you can clearly remember

I will give you the trophies, but in terms of top flight over all time you are a distant 2nd - sorry you have to read that here..

I thought success was measured by actually winning things? Open top top bus parades for finishing 2nd?

We've played in European Cup (drew with Real Madrid at RP), UEFA Cup, Cup Winners Cup and the Fair Cities Cup (lost to the great Leeds in the Semi Final) So there's 4 too. I've seen us against the likes of Kaiserlautern and Nice. it's good but nothing compares to actually winning something.

In the last 10 years Kilmarnock have won a National Cup Final, same as we did in the decade before. Give me that over a 2nd place finish any day. 

I know what i'd rather look back on in years to come and it's not finishing 2nd or 3rd in the SPL. Anyone who says otherwise is lying. 

39 minutes ago, welldaft said:

I'm not sorry at all, i've seen us win both domestic cups. My dad has seen us win all three domestic trophies. I'm sure being in the top flight for slightly longer and winning 1 Cup in 60 odd years sh1tes all over that though! 

Well that's probably one of the worst exchanges I've read on a match thread and we've played the **** four times this season.

Hopefully we see some kind of reaction to some of our players seeing off their second manager in two years.

46 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I'm not sorry at all, i've seen us win both domestic cups. My dad has seen us win all three domestic trophies. I'm sure being in the top flight for slightly longer and winning 1 Cup in 60 odd years sh1tes all over that though! 

You asked for the proof and you got it - 500 more top flight games - 800 more top flight points - +500 GD

Using your analogy - Queens Park are a more successful and bigger club than Killie based on Cup wins.  Just getting embarrassing now.

Take my advice and quit while you are clearly behind in the argument..

No need to make a bigger fool of yourself

3 hours ago, welldaft said:

In the last 10 years we have finished 2nd and 3rd (twice).  The best Killie have done is 4th if I am not mistaken.  

Tell me about the cup win, grandad? 

Naw, I've a much better story about finishing 4th in the league, 50 years ago. It's slightly soured by the fact those pesky Well's got a 2nd, when the Buns died, and 3rd (twice).

In fact I'm off to be cryogenically frozen until we can equal such majesty. 

4 hours ago, welldaft said:

We have also played in the Uefa Cup, Cup Winners Cup, Europa League and Champions League.  It may have been qualifiers - but all 4 European competitions

What a completely impotent boast. 

Kilmarnock,Raith Rovers,Livingstone,St Johnstone,St MIrren, Inverness,Ross County,Dundee Utd,Hibs and Aberdeen have all picked up one of the 2 major trophies since Motherwell last won either and Killie and Hibs have managed to win both.

I fancy Ayr as wee outsider for the Scottish cup this year so it must be worry that this list could get bigger while Moterwell continue to lurch from crisis to crisis , I think teams like Hamilton , Morton and Falkirk look more likely to make this list next before Motherwell do.

Archived