Killie v Motherwell

Well?

See what I did there?

I have a bad feeling about this.  Motherwell should be easy fodder.  Killie are coming onto a game and thereby lulling us gullible fans into a false sense of security.

On that basis, 2-1 Motherwell.  We ALWAYS help a team in need.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hopefully we will have a new manager by the time this game takes place but I don't see it.

Whatever happens I have a feeling we will win here but that will only serve to paper over some very large and ever growing cracks and will provide a stay of execution for McCunt if he is still in charge by then.

2-1 to us but we'll still be rank rotten and we will still need a new manager.

6 minutes ago, Fide said:

Well?

See what I did there?

I have a bad feeling about this.  Motherwell should be easy fodder.  Killie are coming onto a game and thereby lulling us gullible fans into a false sense of security.

Fear not, your concerns will not come to fruition.

3-0 Killie, we're fucking hopeless.

We shoild really win this one. Hoping that Stevie Smith is back available and that Gary Dicker can move back to centre half.

I think this is the game that we finally win a penalty too.

1-0 Killie, Boyd (p) 7'

This game has draw written all over it simply because we are probably favourites. We're playing well and are quite solid but not scoring many. Motherwell not playing well, not scoring many and conceding loads.

1-1 With Samson to fling one in for old times sake.

If Killie actually want to win then they'll win.

It's a weird perfect storm for us. The players confidence looks absolutely shot, similarly they look terrified of putting in a tackle in case they get sent off and the defence is an absolute shambles (which it has been all season tbf but McManus' injury has shown just how much we were relying on him in the centre of defence) and the manager simply seems to be a dead man walking. I honestly can't see what he's going to be able to say to motivate them or give them any sort of belief that they can win this game.

Either way it needs a change of some sort. To simply just chuck out the same XI as Saturday in the hope that they can't be as bad is just sleepwalking to a loss. Personally I'd chuck Hastie in up top, he's been scoring regularly for the u20s, he's got a bit of pace, can create, draw free kicks and seems to genuinely have a will to win. He's managed to haul the u20s back into games almost single handedly this season and last.

Samson

Tait Heneghan McHugh McMillan

Cadden Lasley Pearson

McDonald Moult Hastie

3-1 Killie.

Well?
See what I did there?

Don't be daft. Our win-fighting duo of Chalmers & Jules will ensure you take three points by completely forgetting to tackle anyone.

We shoild really win this one. Hoping that Stevie Smith is back available and that Gary Dicker can move back to centre half.
1-0 Killie, Boyd (p) 7'

No reason to change the formation...
S. Boyd & Ajer at centre backs, Dicker in midfield along with McKenzie & Longstaff.

2 hours ago, capt_oats said:

If Killie actually want to win then they'll win.

It's a weird perfect storm for us. The players confidence looks absolutely shot, similarly they look terrified of putting in a tackle in case they get sent off and the defence is an absolute shambles (which it has been all season tbf but McManus' injury has shown just how much we were relying on him in the centre of defence) and the manager simply seems to be a dead man walking. I honestly can't see what he's going to be able to say to motivate them or give them any sort of belief that they can win this game.

Either way it needs a change of some sort. To simply just chuck out the same XI as Saturday in the hope that they can't be as bad is just sleepwalking to a loss. Personally I'd chuck Hastie in up top, he's been scoring regularly for the u20s, he's got a bit of pace, can create, draw free kicks and seems to genuinely have a will to win. He's managed to haul the u20s back into games almost single handedly this season and last.

Samson

Tait Heneghan McHugh McMillan

Cadden Lasley Pearson

McDonald Moult Hastie

3-1 Killie.

I agree that McHugh at CB is a good shout ahead of Jules. No sure if I concur on McManus though. He was present for the pounding at Pittodrie and went off after 5 mins in a more respectable 2-0 defeat at Celtic. I've found myself questioning if we're getting our money's worth from him.

I agree that McHugh at CB is a good shout ahead of Jules. No sure if I concur on McManus though. He was present for the pounding at Pittodrie and went off after 5 mins in a more respectable 2-0 defeat at Celtic. I've found myself questioning if we're getting our money's worth from him.

I was more getting at the fact that McManus is our only experienced centre half (if you accept McHugh was signed as a midfielder and we chose not to start him at CH on Saturday) rather than the passing comment on the level of his performances.

Whether he's worth what he's getting paid (whatever that may be) is up for debate and tbh I think really depends on what your expectations are of him. What isn't in doubt is that we've got our money's worth in terms of appearances, he had barely missed a game through injury in the time he's been at the club and I do wonder if we've simply taken him for granted in terms of his availability for selection.

No reason to change the formation...
S. Boyd & Ajer at centre backs, Dicker in midfield along with McKenzie & Longstaff.

If Dicker's not at centre half you'd be as well leaving him out entirely - go with Smith, McKenzie and Longstaff. He doesn't have the first touch to play in midfield, gives away far too many fouls and too much possession for me.

I think he's been a revelation at the back next to Ajer.

28 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

I was more getting at the fact that McManus is our only experienced centre half (if you accept McHugh was signed as a midfielder and we chose not to start him at CH on Saturday) rather than the passing comment on the level of his performances.

Whether he's worth what he's getting paid (whatever that may be) is up for debate and tbh I think really depends on what your expectations are of him. What isn't in doubt is that we've got our money's worth in terms of appearances, he had barely missed a game through injury in the time he's been at the club and I do wonder if we've simply taken him for granted in terms of his availability for selection.

Fair enough, you're correct in that regard. He's been an absolute mainstay in the team for the last 3 seasons and I don't doubt his professionalism. To be fair to him as well, his counterparts in defence have had a pretty shocking season. Hammell, unfortunately, doesn't cut it anymore, Heneghan has completely lose his way recently and Tait, despite some promising attacking displays, has been found wanting against better wingers defensively.

If Dicker's not at centre half you'd be as well leaving him out entirely - go with Smith, McKenzie and Longstaff. He doesn't have the first touch to play in midfield, gives away far too many fouls and too much possession for me.

I think he's been a revelation at the back next to Ajer.

He has been good at the back, but on Saturday past he strolled it in the midfield bar 10 mins at the start of the 2nd half.

5 hours ago, Estragon said:

1-0 Killie, Boyd (p) 7'

If anything demonstrates how far we have fallen since Xmas - this post achieves that.

When Kilmarnock fans start using phrases like we should really win this.....the game is a bogey.  Time for a new Manager.

Archived