Queen's Park v Livi

4 minutes ago, andylivi1 said:

Ach well, like I say I had this game pencilled as a draw anyway but the way we went about it today was disappointing. 

I also felt that Livingston looked relatively content with their lot at 1-1. They certainly had a bit of pressure towards the end, but not with the urgency of a team who were going hell for leather for three points. I think it's a testament to how well we've done this season when the top of the league side is relatively content with a point at Hampden. A lot of people, even within our ranks, thought we'd be cannon fodder this season.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I also felt that Livingston looked relatively content with their lot at 1-1. They certainly had a bit of pressure towards the end, but not with the urgency of a team who were going hell for leather for three points. I think it's a testament to how well we've done this season when the top of the league side is relatively content with a point at Hampden. A lot of people, even within our ranks, thought we'd be cannon fodder this season.

Not anything to do with the fact we are 7 clear and don't need to throw everything forward to get a win with the risk of losing the game for no reason.

Just now, an86 said:

I can see why Hopkin is a bit less hell for leather in games now, earlier in the season we got hit with sucker punches against Rovers, Peterhead and QP when we pushed for goals and lost the game with a goal on the counter attack  He's at least learned from those earlier games and is playing it a bit safer in defence. Like Andy said though, leaving Cadden so late was a mistake, he's a flair player that can make things happen but bringing him on in the 85th minute wasn't giving him much time.

We're on a run of wins and draws now too, where previously we'd have had a loss in that run, if we keep going undefeated we should see off Alloa at some point.

1 minute ago, AMC13 said:

Not anything to do with the fact we are 7 clear and don't need to throw everything forward to get a win with the risk of losing the game for no reason.

Your fellow supporter said he'd be happy enough with the draw before a ball was kicked. Just think how much further ahead you'd be if you were able to find your way out of our back pocket.

Just now, an86 said:

Your fellow supporter said he'd be happy enough with the draw before a ball was kicked. Just think how much further ahead you'd be if you were able to find your way out of our back pocket.

Not just QP, East Fife too, though we've not lost a game to Brechin, Alloa and Airdrie who were top 4 most of the season, and that has got us to where we are too. I'm happy enough being 7 clear, possibly 10 come Tues, although Rovers are another team we've struggled against.

Small victories eh. Yeah we're not much more than a mid table team but at least Livi settled for the draw against us. Small minded mentality.

51 minutes ago, AMC13 said:

Small victories eh. Yeah we're not much more than a mid table team but at least Livi settled for the draw against us. Small minded mentality.

We're an amateur club and are quite relaxed about what our level is. It would be unrealistic for us to expect to compete with full-time sides on a consistent basis.

Of course, we could vote to go full time, bankrupt ourselves, fail to pay creditors, and then pretend we we're a bigger club than we are when we return to our natural habitat with our tail between our legs. Who'd be daft enough to do that, though?

1 minute ago, an86 said:

We're an amateur club and are quite relaxed about what our level is. It would be unrealistic for us to expect to compete with full-time sides on a consistent basis.

Of course, we could vote to go full time, bankrupt ourselves, fail to pay creditors, and then pretend we we're a bigger club than we are when we return to our natural habitat with our tail between our legs. Who'd be daft enough to do that, though?

Airdrie?

2 hours ago, AllanM said:

I heard from someone close to one of the players, he was frustrated at being the first the be subbed a lot and got a huge amount of stick from Gus. He wasn't happy. Huge impact last season. 

Aye and he decides to take a cream puff and walk out on the club. His choice. That's why he's gone. Before this he was still getting picked every week. Most times he was subbed was because he had ran himself into the ground or for tactical reasons 

Other players have had a tougher time than Woods. Others have been dropped and fought their way back into the side without the toys going out the pram, Wharton for example. 

I like Woods and would be first pick every week for me. His contribution the last 2 seasons has been immense. However we are in a fight to stay in this league and we need the whole squad pulling together under the leadership of the head coach. If he's not prepared to accept that then it's perhaps best for him and the team that he has decided to leave 

fair enough you might get frustrated if you constantly getting subbed but it's not like he was dropped. In 2 half years since Woods joined, I've only seen him on the bench 2 or 3 times. Gus obviously knows what Woods brings to the team 

3 minutes ago, AllanM said:

He didn't decide to leave, he was released. Not his choice. The guy I know told me he didn't want to. Not sure if you are just assuming that was the case. 

I'm not assuming, it's what I was told by a very reliable source. We released him because he was fed up and wanted to go. Maybe my source is mistaken, maybe yours is, or maybe both are telling porkies. Chinese whispers could be a possibility 

Not sure why QP fans reckon they're in a fight to stay in the league; based on that today I'd say they're in with an excellent chance of going out of this league to the Championship. If they turn in performances like that consistently then I don't see why they couldn't sneak 4th. Zanatta looks a tidy wee player.

As for us, a point is an improvement given our previous two performances against QP but again, it's lacklustre stuff tactically from Hopkin. We don't have a God-given right to win every game but we don't look convincing at the back at all when Lithgow is at centre half, and the less said about our hoofball today, the better.

I would like to think the club will tell us why Paul Woods has left the club on the official website on Monday given that he is or was one of our better players and has been starting nearly every game since he joined . Hope we have not just shot ourself in the foot .

3 hours ago, AMC13 said:

Three games and you've managed one draw and two defeats. Whatever our mentality, we've got you in our back pocket. Two big victories against a pretty good team. Ya walloper.

49 minutes ago, bobthespider said:

I would like to think the club will tell us why Paul Woods has left the club on the official website on Monday given that he is or was one of our better players and has been starting nearly every game since he joined . Hope we have not just shot ourself in the foot .

The main hope would be that he has a chance to cool off and goes back to Gus MacPherson and clears the air. We've seen before that second chances have been given. I'd be more inclined to think that Paul Woods wouldn't fling it back in his face in the way that Darren Miller did. 

Happy with that. Livi are a step above anyone in this division. Big guys and a physical approach, but we coped ok.

Zanetti was banged all over the place but kept at it. McKernon continues to be outstanding...and that save from Wullie Muir.....

The defence wasn't as solid as usual, but we only lost the one goal. The only disappointment were the scores from elsewhere.

2 hours ago, Afro said:

Not sure why QP fans reckon they're in a fight to stay in the league; based on that today I'd say they're in with an excellent chance of going out of this league to the Championship. If they turn in performances like that consistently then I don't see why they couldn't sneak 4th. Zanatta looks a tidy wee player.

As for us, a point is an improvement given our previous two performances against QP but again, it's lacklustre stuff tactically from Hopkin. We don't have a God-given right to win every game but we don't look convincing at the back at all when Lithgow is at centre half, and the less said about our hoofball today, the better.

Like Andy I've stuck up for Hopkin when others have been very critical of him, but I really can't disagree with you on this game. He's done great setting us out against Brechin, Airdrie and Alloa, I really can't work out why he is so bad against QP, he has learnt nothing from our previous games against them when he played so narrow and they defend easily against us. We've got the players to run the wings and get in behind them but he just wont use them, until it is too late in the game. DeVita is excellent when you bring him on against Alloa and Airdrie to slow the game down, he has experience and skill but he just isn't a winger and isn't suited to start against QP at the expense of Cadden or Mullin.

I thought Rafa was excellent against Brechin when he was brought on to play up front with Todorov, looked a lot more comfortable in a central position, but then he's back on the wing again. I'm hoping Gallagher was being saved for Tues night, read he hasn't been well with the cold bug that's been going around, and was out of sorts against Airdrie, so maybe he wasn't quite 100% yet and Hopkin wanted to give him another few days to get fit for the Rovers game.

Livi support are at times so critical of there team.

Not always a great day on the park.

I heard the keeper take some amount of stick from a section of the fans, It looked like a players family kept looking back at them. He hid make that mistake at East Fife but other than that no sure he has done much wrong 

For the size of support we are a very divided 

Archived