Queen's Park v Livi

3 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Lol, tbf our form against QP hasn't been great, one goal and two defeats, i'll take any desperate advantages we can get against you.

Don't forget that TV footage showed we scored a goal last time out at Hampden that was wrongly ruled offside. We should have had a draw that day.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A point is an improvement on our last two games against QP, so i'll take this as a point gained and we move 7 clear of Alloa.

Wasn't at the game but went to the first one and thought we didn't use the width to get down the wings. Leaving both Cadden and Mullin on the bench looked like Hopkin did the same again, and our starting 11 looked too compact with Byrne, Pittman & Millar being CM's, and Rafa not really being a winger (although that seems to be his official position now). Longridge getting the ball in for our first goal also looked like a reason for having Cadden or Mullin on from the start. Maybe took a gamble on them having an impact late on as subs when QP players were tiring but it didn't pay off.

1 hour ago, AllanM said:

Oh believe me, he was! 

Miller type fall out? EK bound next season has been mooted anyway. A shame to see him go if that's the case. Been a great player for us.

On the subject of today, it was a very good point for us. Two losses on the bounce meant that picking something up today was important. Thought we were dogged and played well in spells. Zanatta starting to really look the part and took his goal well.

Still a wee bit shaky at the back and rode our luck a wee bit. Muir and Wharton didn't cover themselves in glory in the bit of play that led to them creating the goal. We're at our best defensively when we take absolutely no chances. However, a draw against the top team is not a day for grumbles. Each and every player worked extremely hard and contributed to gaining an important point. Onwards!

No, nothing like Miller from what I heard. No similarity between Millar and Woods. Millar was hotheaded. Will be staying senior next season from what I heard. Outstanding players or QP. Weird how the club keep it quiet I think. 

Inagree, look very shaky at the back which is where we have been most strongest in the past. 

I've been one that has backed Hopkin all season but I can't really defend him today. 

We started the game with a narrow midfield, and we just never got going, lumping the ball forward to two big centre backs, it was bread and butter for them all day, we couldn't even use the pitch as an excuse, all we done was score a goal in the first half and QP much better than us. 

2nd half a bit better, we tried to pass the ball more, and we created 1 or 2 more chances but all in all we just didn't do enough to win the game, a draw was probably about right. 

Its a point and this was a game that I had down as a draw so nothing lost, Tuesday night is important now though. 

Cant seem to get to grips with QP this season, playing with a narrow midfield 3 isn't the way to go though. 

5 minutes ago, AllanM said:

No, nothing like Miller from what I heard. No similarity between Millar and Woods. Millar was hotheaded. Will be staying senior next season from what I heard. Outstanding players or QP. Weird how the club keep it quiet I think. 

Inagree, look very shaky at the back which is where we have been most strongest in the past. 

Really strange if he's gone without a fall out. Surely still a big part for him to play? Regardless, all the best to him. Huge part of our promotion winning team.

I heard from someone close to one of the players, he was frustrated at being the first the be subbed a lot and got a huge amount of stick from Gus. He wasn't happy. Huge impact last season. 

Just now, andylivi1 said:

I've been one that has backed Hopkin all season but I can't really defend him today. 

We started the game with a narrow midfield, and we just never got going, lumping the ball forward to two big centre backs, it was bread and butter for them all day, we couldn't even use the pitch as an excuse, all we done was score a goal in the first half and QP much better than us. 

2nd half a bit better, we tried to pass the ball more, and we created 1 or 2 more chances but all in all we just didn't do enough to win the game, a draw was probably about right. 

Its a point and this was a game that I had down as a draw so nothing lost, Tuesday night is important now though. 

Cant seem to get to grips with QP this season, playing with a narrow midfield 3 isn't the way to go though. 

Yeah that was my thoughts on our first game at Hampden, and looking at our starting line up it looked like he did the same again and didn't learn anything from the first game there. He was doing my head in leaving Longridge out and is now playing him but leaving Mullin out, and Cadden too in this game. Imo one of them should have started anyway, to try and get in behind QP's defence.

We've one more game aginst QP, on my birthday, hopefully Hopkin will get his team selection right and we get a win for a wee birthday present.

12 minutes ago, AllanM said:

Really strange that's he's away and it was nothing to do with a fallout. Has he already agreed a deal with a senior team then if he's said he's staying senior? I know Arbroath were very close to signing him in the summer.

8 minutes ago, AllanM said:

I heard from someone close to one of the players, he was frustrated at being the first the be subbed a lot and got a huge amount of stick from Gus. He wasn't happy. Huge impact last season. 

At the end of the day, the manager makes the decisions and every player has to respect that. A shame if it's ended that way. 

The way is was told to me was he made a point to Gus and Gus wasn't happy so told him to go. Think he was a big part of the team and players are not happy. Anyway, just what I was told from someone. 

Surprised not talk of it. Same when Joe went, Carter, McIlroy. 

2 minutes ago, AllanM said:

Fans aren't really kept up to date. Crap

I'd be very disappointed if there's  no mention of Woods leaving. Deserves a mention at the very least since he's played 100+ games and was our top scorer the past 2 years. 

24 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Yeah that was my thoughts on our first game at Hampden, and looking at our starting line up it looked like he did the same again and didn't learn anything from the first game there. He was doing my head in leaving Longridge out and is now playing him but leaving Mullin out, and Cadden too in this game. Imo one of them should have started anyway, to try and get in behind QP's defence.

We've one more game aginst QP, on my birthday, hopefully Hopkin will get his team selection right and we get a win for a wee birthday present.

I was very surprised to see Gallagher on the bench and De vita back in, he's fit enough to be on the bench he's fit enough to play. 

We stumbled across a decent formation against Airdrie with 5 at the back but playing proper full backs, that may have helped us today. 

As much as I like De Vita for me he slows us right down, we left it far too long to bring Cadden on as well. 

Ach well, like I say I had this game pencilled as a draw anyway but the way we went about it today was disappointing. 

Archived