Queen's Park v Livi

Yay an away game, don't have to worry about a pitch inspection, I hope.

Both teams had their game postponed, so they'll be well rested, and raring to go, as will the fans after having no football for a fortnight. No doubt Livi will be in for another tough game against Queen's, just hope we can finally get a win over them. Big Todorov might make a difference when he comes on, he certainly made an impact against Airdrie, having a hand in our 3rd and 4th goals.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another tough one, 2 out of 2 for QP against us and they remain the only team we haven't beaten in the league, means we really can't underestimate them. 

They have had an incredible season and the way it's going they could find themselves deservedly in the playoffs, they are tough to break down and lethal on the break. 

Really is a must win for us though, gap could be 6 points before we play although we will have 2 games in hand, but to quote and old cliche, I'd rather have the points on the board. 

Can't see us lining up any differently to the last couple of results although I'll hold my hands up, Todorov made a real difference at Airdrie, wasn't convinced by him before that, he could make a difference in this game. 

1 hour ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

don't want to see any QP players coming off at the end of the game that aren't breathing through their arses..

well unless you're at the game caller I can guarantee you won't

1 hour ago, andylivi1 said:

Another tough one, 2 out of 2 for QP against us and they remain the only team we haven't beaten in the league, means we really can't underestimate them. 

They have had an incredible season and the way it's going they could find themselves deservedly in the playoffs, they are tough to break down and lethal on the break. 

Really is a must win for us though, gap could be 6 points before we play although we will have 2 games in hand, but to quote and old cliche, I'd rather have the points on the board. 

Can't see us lining up any differently to the last couple of results although I'll hold my hands up, Todorov made a real difference at Airdrie, wasn't convinced by him before that, he could make a difference in this game. 

I saw enough from him when he came on against Alloa to convince me he'd do a job for us. Him and Buchanan linked up well for the brief spell that Buchanan was still on before being subbed, some delicate interchanges of passes between them, going through a packed defence. He is very strong on the ball too, brushed Brechin players out of his way a couple of times and then again against Airdrie, Mensing and another two players tried to sandwich him and he just ran through them and got in on goal, his shooting lacked a bit of composure right enough but I think he was just a bit too eager trying to score, and should settle down a bit. That was some diagonal ball to Mullen too for our 3rd goal against Airdrie.

21 hours ago, Mick1867 said:

Last time Hibs played at Hampden they won. The correct phrase is now "Sevco it" 

Ah, I see this has now deteriorated into the classic "one swallow doesn't make a summer" v "you're only as good as your last game" debate - happy to leave you guys to it.............my focus is on Glebe Park tonight!

3 hours ago, The Spider said:

Ah, I see this has now deteriorated into the classic "one swallow doesn't make a summer" v "you're only as good as your last game" debate - happy to leave you guys to it.............my focus is on Glebe Park tonight!

Aye so was mine. Shite wasn't it? Buzzin now for the bus journey home 

Anyway, not sure how reminding everyone about the second greatest moment to occur at Hampden last May can possibly be a negative thing 

We seem to have forgotten how to defend, which is a bit of an issue. Hopefully get back to basics on Saturday and do the basics in a competent manner. If we do that, we're capable of picking up points.

2 hours ago, an86 said:

We seem to have forgotten how to defend, which is a bit of an issue. Hopefully get back to basics on Saturday and do the basics in a competent manner. If we do that, we're capable of picking up points.

Hope you don't remember how to defend till after Saturday then, that's been your strongest area against us, limiting us to just one goal in two games.

Also hoping big Todorov might help get us a goal when he comes on, and that the game against Brechin will have had an effect on your players, and they tire late on in the game..

On 01/03/2017 at 21:58, LIVIFOREVER said:

Hope you don't remember how to defend till after Saturday then, that's been your strongest area against us, limiting us to just one goal in two games.

Also hoping big Todorov might help get us a goal when he comes on, and that the game against Brechin will have had an effect on your players, and they tire late on in the game..

Can't believe the level of desparation emanating from the full-time champions-elect. Come on Queen's let's do this mob. Win tomorrow and they officially become our bitches in this league.

Just now, The Spider said:

Can't believe the level of desparation emanating from the full-time champions-elect. Come on Queen's let's do this mob. Win tomorrow and they officially become our bitches in this league.

Lol, tbf our form against QP hasn't been great, one goal and two defeats, i'll take any desperate advantages we can get against you.

Archived