Alloa v East Fife

It's good to see Hetherington doing well. I think he was widely regarded as a squad player when Barry Smith brought him in during the summer of 2014. He didn't do too much that season apart from provide that wonderful pass for Spence for the winner against Rangers. And if he didn't do anything else for us ever again it would still have been enough to make him a legend :thumsup2.
I was little surprised - and to be honest underwhelmed - when he was retained the following summer, and by all accounts he was almost gone during the first transfer window under Jack Ross. Having stayed he really kicked on under Ross after getting his chance and finished the season very well. Injury could have set him back this season but he seems to have come back in and picked up where he left off. Believe that was his 50th appearance on Tuesday and great to mark it with a motm award. Bit of a slowburner but he has proved his worth. Let's hope he can stay fit and continue this form.

He was brought in the 2014 summer pre season by hartley, same time as adam asghar both from motherwell.

Hes just had to bide his time really & its paid off alloa sticking by him.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's good to see Hetherington doing well. I think he was widely regarded as a squad player when Barry Smith brought him in during the summer of 2014. He didn't do too much that season apart from provide that wonderful pass for Spence for the winner against Rangers. And if he didn't do anything else for us ever again it would still have been enough to make him a legend :thumsup2.
I was little surprised - and to be honest underwhelmed - when he was retained the following summer, and by all accounts he was almost gone during the first transfer window under Jack Ross. Having stayed he really kicked on under Ross after getting his chance and finished the season very well. Injury could have set him back this season but he seems to have come back in and picked up where he left off. Believe that was his 50th appearance on Tuesday and great to mark it with a motm award. Bit of a slowburner but he has proved his worth. Let's hope he can stay fit and continue this form.

He's thriving on a more central role IMO. Loves the physical side of that position, which we don't have in abundance.

59 minutes ago, falkirkwasp said:

He was brought in the 2014 summer pre season by hartley, same time as adam asghar both from motherwell.

Hes just had to bide his time really & its paid off alloa sticking by him.

Hartley was at Dundee by then, he left Alloa early 2014. 

I remember watching Hetherington and Asghar as trialists at Oban that summer. They were actually let go by Motherwell a year before that and Hetherington had been with Celtic Nation and Crook Town. I didn't think either player stood out at Oban - neither did another trialist that day by the name of Buchanan - but clearly Barry Smith knew better! Buchanan was a tremendous signing and Hetherington has shown his worth. Asghar not so much, but for making one start for Alloa and it being the night we beat Rangers he was worth bringing in too :wub:.

42 minutes ago, LiamA said:

Great highlights package. Only comment is that from the other side it was a stonewall penalty for EF but cest la guerre! emoji102.png

I take it you are the East Fife cameraman? You should show us your footage. I  had a good look at it and can't see Taggart's body move (so no force) so if he does push its the weight of his arm so I still don't see how it's stonewall.

Archived