Hamilton v Aberdeen, 28/02/17

Another big game for both sides this.

Great opportunity for us to go 12 clear of The Rangers before they play Saints on Wednesday.

I'd probably keep the same team that beat County but wouldn't be averse to Storey getting more time on Tuesday. Looked really sharp when he came on yesterday.

Bearing in mind we lost down there last time and we have a massive game next Sunday, I'd be happy with another narrow victory with no injuries.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think there may be a few changes for this one to freshen things up after a busy run of fixtures. In addition the pitch doesn't suit some players given injury problems. The priority for this week the Scottish Cup match.

Lewis
Logan Taylor O'Connor Considine
Jack Shinnie
Pawlett Christie Hayes
Storey

7 minutes ago, scottorae said:

Think there may be a few changes for this one to freshen things up after a busy run of fixtures. In addition the pitch doesn't suit some players given injury problems. The priority for this week the Scottish Cup match.

Lewis
Logan Taylor O'Connor Considine
Jack Shinnie
Pawlett Christie Hayes
Storey

Wouldn't be averse to this line up, but can't see Rooney being left out, or McLean, although he did say that he hates playing on artificial surfaces.

Another tough game. Hamilton were excellent last time at NDP although we were also dreadful. We went into that one in good form too if I remember rightly.

Key thing for us is to start the game properly. I always feel if we get ourselves in front we will probably go on and win.

Last 2 games we have started with a lack of intensity and nearly paid the price.

Don't see any great need for changes to the lineup but agree with others that storey has earned himself an opportunity at more game time.

Might be one or two changes for this one (plastic pitch caution for knocks etc), for me the most likely will be Hayes or McGinn dropping onto the bench for Christie or Pawlett.

Reckon Rooney will start despite his recent poor performances.

Pawlett deserves a start. Stick him in for McLean, as I can't remember the last time he was rested. Perhaps rotate a couple of injury prone players, Reynolds etc, the surface isn't always kind and better safe than sorry going into the big one at the weekend. I'd be happy with a draw here, Hamilton always seem to perform well at NDP against us, the 3-0 a couple seasons back is still vivid in my memory.

I would like the see Pawlett or Christie come in to play the number 10 role, Mclean has been fantastic in the last few months but I like him better in a deeper role. I think the extra bit of time he gets to spray passes around is a huge plus. Would be dropping Reynolds out with Shinnie going to LB.

I think Rooney could be doing with a rest also, which is mad as he keeps scoring but his performance levels have  dipped a bit (here comes another 3 goals).

I hate this fixture, we always look really uneasy on their pitch. Also is it just me or is this always a mid-week 7:45 kick off?

3 hours ago, Mackiemyday said:

I would like the see Pawlett or Christie come in to play the number 10 role, Mclean has been fantastic in the last few months but I like him better in a deeper role. I think the extra bit of time he gets to spray passes around is a huge plus. Would be dropping Reynolds out with Shinnie going to LB.

I think Rooney could be doing with a rest also, which is mad as he keeps scoring but his performance levels have  dipped a bit (here comes another 3 goals).

I hate this fixture, we always look really uneasy on their pitch. Also is it just me or is this always a mid-week 7:45 kick off?

It's always slightly odd that we seem to cope really well on the pitch at Killie and did well at Falkirk in the cup a few years ago but have never got to grips with the pitch at Hamilton.  Anyone know if there are any significant differences between the surfaces?

Dreading this game truthfully. Our record down there is awful and quite frequently our performances match that. Hamilton know how to play us on that surface - press high, early and hard, we throw away possession and Accies benefit from it. Their surface differs from Kilmarnock and Falkirk in that it runs a lot quicker and the bounce at Hamilton is less predictable.

Only option out for this one is big Stockley, I would put Jonny Hayes on the bench for this one. Reason being he has pulled up two or three times on this particular pitch, and there is too much at stake on Sunday for him to miss that particular game. As such, I'd play: Lewis; Logan, Taylor, Reynolds, Considine; Jack, Shinnie; McLean, Christie, McGinn; Rooney.

While I have talked a lot about the surface, it is not an excuse, and there's nothing wrong with playing on it. We just need to learn to adapt better. They have home advantage and that is perfectly legal and fair.

Would be delighted to come out of this with a point or more, however sadly I fancy 1-0 Accies again, Imrie this time.

Archived