Junior Football Attendances

Gartcairn Army

2 hours ago, classof2010 said:

When was the 7th goal scored I must of missed it so Bonnyrigg beating championship side should be forgotten about because they lost 8-1 to hibs what I seen of bsc when they played beith is a team that would finish bottom of the superleague young squad no fans and no ground if you take away the 3 decent teams East kilbride East Stirling and Spartans the rest wud be relegation fodder in West superleague

Stop quoting this halfwit please mate as it means I need to read his nonsense after blocking him. 

Hes obsessed . :) 

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, cmontheloknow said:

I agree and disagree. Money is king at this level though - for good or for bad. A Junior Cup run is great fun and the final's a great occasion but it loses a club money all the way to Rugby Park - unless they lose. It's hard to lose money in the big Scottish and that's a fact (unless you blow it in fines for red/ yellow cards).

The actual money involved with the Junior Cup is embarrassing.  The exposure a sponsor receives from coverage of the competition isn't reflected in the money paid.  I think Emirates paid £80k a year? chicken feed. How much are the current sponsors paying?

I'm not suggesting it's an easy job to attract a sponsor and to extract a six figure sum, but the competition is undersold without a doubt.

20 hours ago, Hertha/BJFC1938 said:

Exactly and Isa quotes that junior teams have no chance of winning the senior Scottish cup , he's correct of course but that's a bit like saying celtic shouldn't enter the champions league as they also can't win it realistically speaking ,it's all relative money wise of course and with celtic you are talking millions of pounds with champions league participation whilst junior clubs are tens of thousands with the correct tie farther down the line ( hibs v meadow , hearts v Talbot , Bonnyrigg v hibs etc ) .

Despite the different levels the monetary gain can be very important though and the senior Scottish cup has benefitted lots of junior teams financially , given the choice of winning our very own SCOTTISH cup or participating in the senior cup and of course it's the glory of the former all the time however as you say one plum senior Scottish tie can blitz winning the junior scottish cup financially very easily . 

What you and our Pollok friend are saying is totally correct, but out of context as to my point. You, my Beith chum, made a comment to the effect of Talbot being the only team who throw senior Scottish ties, I merely made the point that in that instance, game v Colts, Talbot prioritised the following week's game, a tricky tie at Tranent, in my opinion underestimating the opponent. I'm not saying that they would always prioritise Junior Cup Ties over senior ones, I doubt they would have selected such a team v Hearts no matter who they were playing the following week. I agree that Senior v Junior cup thing is a balancing act, my view is that Talbot got it right most of the time, but wrong against LL sides due to underestimating them.

As the late Bobby Robson once said when questioned about underestimating Cameroon in 1990, " I never underestimated them, they were just a lot better than I thought they were!"

When was the 7th goal scored I must of missed it so Bonnyrigg beating championship side should be forgotten about because they lost 8-1 to hibs what I seen of bsc when they played beith is a team that would finish bottom of the superleague young squad no fans and no ground if you take away the 3 decent teams East kilbride East Stirling and Spartans the rest wud be relegation fodder in West superleague

Got a reaction from the HB clown. Job done cheers

The actual money involved with the Junior Cup is embarrassing.  The exposure a sponsor receives from coverage of the competition isn't reflected in the money paid.  I think Emirates paid £80k a year? chicken feed. How much are the current sponsors paying?
I'm not suggesting it's an easy job to attract a sponsor and to extract a six figure sum, but the competition is undersold without a doubt.

Circa 100k over 3 years maybe 4.

Archived