Junior Football Attendances

Gartcairn Army

I might be wrong here but am sure you'll know Isa

The game v Edinburgh am sure at least 5 of our main team players had been banished to the benches as a punishment for them playing in a charity match without permission.

Pretty sure it was only James Latta .

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, ex-german exile said:

Interesting stat. Do you have the tally for only those junior clubs that qualified as league or cup champions?
i.e.: not lower league girvan or any of the other affiliates.

It's 34 ties and 5 wins without Girvan, and Linlithgow and Banks o'Dee when they weren't champions. Which at 15% is almost exactly the same proportion as with them (14%).

I don't have stats for SFL3/SPFL2 against SFL1/Championship and SPL/Premiership.

It'd be 10 clubs to check over 11 seasons = 110 instances and in the results listings divisions aren't identified (whereas non-leaguers are).

It's a pretty skewed stat.

In Linlithgows case we've lost to QoS, Beith, Raith, Deveronvale, Ross County and Stirling Albion I think? That's 3 teams we'd never beat. The other three - around our level.

A better stat is what round have they reached if you have that. Anyway - hopefully the pyramid will come properly in future and we can flush out the stagnant clubs and freshen things up.

13 hours ago, Talbot Bing said:

I might be wrong here but am sure you'll know Isa

The game v Edinburgh am sure at least 5 of our main team players had been banished to the benches as a punishment for them playing in a charity match without permission.

It was certainly a much changed team, Wee Boyd was a surprise choice and got sent off while giving away a penalty, down 2-1 a good bit before HT with ten men, City then proceeded to park the bus and on that huge park, with it taking twenty minutes to retrieve the ball anytime it went out, the rest as they say is history. As for Colts, Talbot had a Junior tie at Tranent the following week, Tucker clearly prioritised that, we had no recognised central defenders and a totally changed team because of that. As I say totally underestimated them.

I will say this though, the LL is of a better standard than I thought, I don't think they will be underestimated again should Talbot, or any Junior team face them. 

However, my point is that poster can be very selective, to prove a point. Talbot's record against LL is not great, so the dissenter focus on that rather than the pumpings we have given good Highland League sides with a Scottish Cup pedigree like Huntly and Buckie.

C'est la vie!

Orite Isa,long time no hear,how's tricks,no like you tae get involved in an attendance thread,lol,we've drawn the Roy in next round which looks tie of the round,would expect a decent crowd for that,get through that along with yourselves got a chance of meeting again.

1 minute ago, wingnut said:

Orite Isa,long time no hear,how's tricks,no like you tae get involved in an attendance thread,lol,we've drawn the Roy in next round which looks tie of the round,would expect a decent crowd for that,get through that along with yourselves got a chance of meeting again.

We'll huv a beer ma man!, BTW, never mentioned crowds, don't like to get started on that!

3 hours ago, Isabel Goudie said:

However, my point is that poster can be very selective, to prove a point. Talbot's record against LL is not great, so the dissenter focus on that rather than the pumpings we have given good Highland League sides with a Scottish Cup pedigree like Huntly and Buckie.

It was in reply to a Gartcairn supporter suggesting that BSCG and Cumbernauld Colts might be lower SuperFirst or district level on the basis of friendly matches.

3 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

It was in reply to a Gartcairn supporter suggesting that BSCG and Cumbernauld Colts might be lower SuperFirst or district level on the basis of friendly matches.

I wouldn't disagree, based on who makes up their squads.

12 hours ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

It's a pretty skewed stat.

In Linlithgows case we've lost to QoS, Beith, Raith, Deveronvale, Ross County and Stirling Albion I think? That's 3 teams we'd never beat. The other three - around our level.

A better stat is what round have they reached if you have that. Anyway - hopefully the pyramid will come properly in future and we can flush out the stagnant clubs and freshen things up.

Aye but we were cheated at home to Deveronvale, the only game above that I missed was Beith, and to be honest we could have been 4 up against Raith if we had taken our chances before they scored from the corner.

12 hours ago, Hertha/BJFC1938 said:

Talbot never get beaten in the senior SCOTTISH they just rest players , don't see it as a priority and only see it as a wee diddy cup where it doesn't matter one bit :huh::) 

Your obsession with Talbot is starting to frighten me. Beith have rested players this season to concentrate on the Press & Journal Cup if you want to go down that particular road:whistle

12 hours ago, Hertha/BJFC1938 said:

Talbot never get beaten in the senior SCOTTISH they just rest players , don't see it as a priority and only see it as a wee diddy cup where it doesn't matter one bit :huh::) 

Not a diddy cup, but the truth is that even Talbot, who have the best cup record of any junior club by a country mile, have absolutely no chance of winning the senior cup. Therefore priorities do take place. The Junior Cup or the Senior? No brainer mate. It is interesting that Beith beat BSC with a last minute winner and the result greeted with unbridled joy, Talbot draw and then wipe the floor with them and get BSC continuously cast up like some sort of blight on their name. Strange game football!

2 hours ago, Isabel Goudie said:

Not a diddy cup, but the truth is that even Talbot, who have the best cup record of any junior club by a country mile, have absolutely no chance of winning the senior cup. Therefore priorities do take place. The Junior Cup or the Senior? No brainer mate. It is interesting that Beith beat BSC with a last minute winner and the result greeted with unbridled joy, Talbot draw and then wipe the floor with them and get BSC continuously cast up like some sort of blight on their name. Strange game football!

Though a run in the big Scottish is worth far more cash which can be reinvested in the team / infrastructure. The Junior Cup's financial rewards are a pittance in comparison, unless you actually win it, and even then, how much goes on win bonuses?.

Who cares on the win bonuses unless you are the club treasurer? It's the absolute ultimate to win the Junior Cup and that's what is important to the people involved thirty years down the road when they are telling their grandkids about their past footballing exploits.

59 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

Though a run in the big Scottish is worth far more cash which can be reinvested in the team / infrastructure. The Junior Cup's financial rewards are a pittance in comparison, unless you actually win it, and even then, how much goes on win bonuses?.

Exactly and Isa quotes that junior teams have no chance of winning the senior Scottish cup , he's correct of course but that's a bit like saying celtic shouldn't enter the champions league as they also can't win it realistically speaking ,it's all relative money wise of course and with celtic you are talking millions of pounds with champions league participation whilst junior clubs are tens of thousands with the correct tie farther down the line ( hibs v meadow , hearts v Talbot , Bonnyrigg v hibs etc ) .

Despite the different levels the monetary gain can be very important though and the senior Scottish cup has benefitted lots of junior teams financially , given the choice of winning our very own SCOTTISH cup or participating in the senior cup and of course it's the glory of the former all the time however as you say one plum senior Scottish tie can blitz winning the junior scottish cup financially very easily . 

5 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Who cares on the win bonuses unless you are the club treasurer? It's the absolute ultimate to win the Junior Cup and that's what is important to the people involved thirty years down the road when they are telling their grandkids about their past footballing exploits.

I agree and disagree. Money is king at this level though - for good or for bad. A Junior Cup run is great fun and the final's a great occasion but it loses a club money all the way to Rugby Park - unless they lose. It's hard to lose money in the big Scottish and that's a fact (unless you blow it in fines for red/ yellow cards).

I agree and disagree. Money is king at this level though - for good or for bad. A Junior Cup run is great fun and the final's a great occasion but it loses a club money all the way to Rugby Park - unless they lose. It's hard to lose money in the big Scottish and that's a fact (unless you blow it in fines for red/ yellow cards).

The rocket that is Hertha Beith only comes in to have a wind up on Talbot.

The fact is we have had several outings in the Big Scottish and faired reasonably ok.

No embarrassment games where we have been so outplayed it became a nightmare to watch. Until 2012 our pinnacle of recent folklore was winning the Juniors Scottish against Pollok then going on to win it treble time.

I would now say the away game at Tynecastle v Hearts game was now a talking point for us.

As for Beith I think their one was Airdrie. Now overshadowed by the Morton 7-0 home demolition.

The rocket that is Hertha Beith only comes in to have a wind up on Talbot.

The fact is we have had several outings in the Big Scottish and faired reasonably ok.

No embarrassment games where we have been so outplayed it became a nightmare to watch. Until 2012 our pinnacle of recent folklore was winning the Juniors Scottish against Pollok then going on to win it treble time.

I would now say the away game at Tynecastle v Hearts game was now a talking point for us.

As for Beith I think their one was Airdrie. Now overshadowed by the Morton 7-0 home demolition.

When was the 7th goal scored I must of missed it so Bonnyrigg beating championship side should be forgotten about because they lost 8-1 to hibs what I seen of bsc when they played beith is a team that would finish bottom of the superleague young squad no fans and no ground if you take away the 3 decent teams East kilbride East Stirling and Spartans the rest wud be relegation fodder in West superleague

Archived