Junior Football Attendances

Gartcairn Army

7 minutes ago, WaffenThinMint said:

If they're visiting the Juniors section to "get a rise out of the junior thickos for a laugh" they're not really clever at all, are they?

Indeed one of the main offenders got himself permanently banned & his posts scrubbed less than a week since his last arsehole antics around here (one of the reasons for his overdue booting being repeat complaining to Div about others behaviour on the forum he found objectionable, without any sense of the irony of it!), so they're hardly MENSA material.

^^^^ Shitgibbon's gonna shitgibbon.

Aye, but they're still cleverer than Jake.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thought the topic was meant to be about attendances. Jake seems reasonable enough to me. Just because folk don't agree with his opinion doesn't mean he should be banned. Debate should be welcomed. Did Linlithgow not draw 4-4 with Stirling and win the replay or was that forfar? Either way they played Ross County in the next round which is further than Stirling Albion went in the cup that year I believe.

Lupo, 3-1down to Forfar, we were down to 10 men and came back to draw before winning the replay up there and yes Ross County did put us out up in Dingwall last season a round later.

I thought that and now forfar are top of league 2 but Linlithgow are struggling. It proves the point you cannot judge on the odd game. Auchinleck were very good against hearts a few years back but that doesn't make them premiership material now but they can compete.

EK, Shire, Spartans etc are all better than the juniors.

Also when Cowden make history and get relegated for a 3rd consecutive time, they will also be better than the juniors.

To be frank mate most of the top junior teams would be top end of your division. I hope a pyramid happens and you'll see the shift in 10 years or so.

Oh they would.

Remember you beat a Rose team who are in their lowest league position in 30 years. Any other year and we'd have handled you comfortably as would any of the other big teams.

We also disposed of Talbot and Hulford. We have never lost to a junior side.

They travel very well, always a few hundred at away games. Home gates on average will be below Lok. Perhaps Lok benefit from bigger travelling supports but league games especially seem to fall in the 500-700 bracket. There have been 3 1000+ gates this season, twice v talbot and once v Arthurlie.
Lok always record terrible gates (compared to later in season) in the opening Sectional cup. This year's swing is from 200 v St Anthony's to 1256 v Talbot. The league swing is 450 v Hurlford to 1020 v Arthurlie. Average in league 685 and league/cup 647.

That's very good numbers pollok and Talbot are best supported in the west by a distance but a good Kilbirnie team bring out the numbers so they are imo the 3 best supported in the west

When they beat Talbot they were top of league 1 and heading towards the championship. They have fallen a long way since then and look likely to keep falling

Then when we beat Hurlford and pumped Linlithgow with arguably the 2 worst sides the Albion have ever had.

Then when we beat Hurlford and pumped Linlithgow with arguably the 2 worst sides the Albion have ever had.

For someone who has little interest and downs the Juniors at every chance you do come on to our threads and have a fair amount to say about our game.
Do you do yer shite posts in your own 3rd tier league forum threads?

To be fair JakeSAFC I don't think stirling are in any position to be feeling cocky against the juniors. Your team is made up of ex warriors players pretty much and even though we are bottom of league 1 I'd still be confident we would be able to overcome most league 2 teams with our current squad. And even with that squad I'd be very anxious about playing several juniors teams in the cup.

Before beith were drawn against morton and us against forres I was dreading the fact that we may get drawn against beith at bellsdale as I genuinely felt if we played beith at beith we would be knocked out the cup.

People seem to forget alot of guys playing in the juniors are ex senior players. Either slowing down their career or playing juniors fits better with their work.

Archived