Junior Football Attendances

Gartcairn Army

3 minutes ago, JakeSAFC said:

We have a Lowland League to stop the SPFL being a closed shop. The Lowland League sides joined the Lowland League and Senior football because it is a better standard to the juniors.

Jake are you being serious, the only lowland league club that could probably compete with top junior sides East and West over a full season are Ek and maybe Spartans the rest including the Shire wouldn't. Having watched both leagues the Lowland league is not better than Junior Superleague. 

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
trust me here son the lowland is nae better than the juniors and the east of scotland is worse

Don't know enough about the East of Scotland but I do know that the fifth tier in the Scottish senior game is better than the junior setup.

11 minutes ago, JakeSAFC said:

Don't know enough about the East of Scotland but I do know that the fifth tier in the Scottish senior game is better than the junior setup.

Jake Stirling managed to beat Linlithgow when they were poor. Most of the Stirling squad wouldn't get a game at Superleague level especially the big Haddie you have up front, I've seen better at Amateur games.

Jake Stirling managed to beat Linlithgow when they were poor. Most of the Stirling squad wouldn't get a game at Superleague level especially the big Haddie you have up front, I've seen better at Amateur games.

:lol: :lol:

And here we have wullie robb living up to the stereotype that all junior fans are thickos.

We played and beat both Cumbernauld Colts and BSC in pre season and I thought although both were good teams, they would not compete with super prem or maybe even super first in the juniors. EK are excellent but surely money from the last couple of seasons Scottish cup runs have comtributed severely to that?

back to attendances, I noticed on Saturday that league 1 wasn't much higher than league 2 in attendances. 

What can we do to make it better?

Rutherglen Glencairn have played both East Kilbride FC and Cumbernauld Colts on their own parks in the past couple of seasons. We beat EK and drew with Colts. Glencairn are mid table in the second top league in the juniors. Read into that whatever you want.

1 hour ago, JakeSAFC said:

:lol::lol:

And here we have wullie robb living up to the stereotype that all junior fans are thickos.

Willie that has more coaching badges, real one's than your whole management team have together.

Jake trust me the only difference between a top junior team and your team is the name.

And I'll add I'm not a Juniors fan as such but I do watch some juniors games given the chance.

1 hour ago, Gartcairn Army said:

We should add the lowland league teams to one of our cups

Been saying that for a while – an all-in non-league cup would be a great idea, and competitive games between Juniors and the non-league seniors would give a better picture of where the real strength in non-league football is than any amount of friendlies would ever do.

Given the fact that in terms of membership the LL is essentially a repackaged version of the old EoS Premier with the addition of a couple of start-up teams, Dalbeattie and now East Stirling, it’s perhaps understandable that it remains similar to it in terms of strength; the top four or five sides compare favourably with almost anything at Junior level - there’s a rapid drop-off in quality once you get past those sides though…sure, if you dropped EK, Spartans and so on into the Junior Superleagues they’d be there or thereabouts, but if you did the same to the bottom half-dozen or so LL teams they would get creamed most weeks and would be more of a fit at district level.

8 hours ago, Gartcairn Army said:

Not at all mate lol just don't understand why we have a lowland league. Why did these clubs not just join the juniors. I thought it was maybe crowds or facilities but I see some clubs don't even have their own ground in the lowland league. I assume now that it's because they have the pathway to league 2. 

There were a variety of reasons, not all teams joined for the same ones. Some genuinely want progression, others access to the Scottish Cup, subsidies and grants that might become available. Although they may have shelled out to get licences. Some just followed because the rump eos and sos were so poor.

As for JakeSAFC,  he's copying cleverer guys who visit to get a rise out of the junior thickos for a laugh. Unfortunately for him he's a wee fanny and not up to being any kind of wind up.

Any attempt to STATE the Lowland League is stronger than the Junior Superleagues (E/W) is borne straight out of ignorance. The top teams in all three leagues are much of a muchness but there is a lack of depth to the LL. It contains at least half a dozen sides that should not be at that level.

What I'd say is that the LL is having an impact on the standard at the top of the Juniors. The EK squad would all be in the Juniors and probably at the upper end. Cumbernauld Colts have a large amount of ex Juniors, BSC a bit of a mix.

As for JakeSAFC,  he's copying cleverer guys who visit to get a rise out of the junior thickos for a laugh. Unfortunately for him he's a wee fanny and not up to being any kind of wind up.

Seem to have got a rise out of you.

989258b0945f31d552a514ce481c7922.jpg

31 minutes ago, JakeSAFC said:

989258b0945f31d552a514ce481c7922.jpg

Replying isn't getting a rise Jake. It's just a comment on a messageboard, It's not uncommon elsewhere. Ie someone posts a reply and someone looking for the approval  of the cool kids claims a "heads gone". I've been wound up by far better than you without getting excited about it.

Replying isn't getting a rise Jake. It's just a comment on a messageboard, It's not uncommon elsewhere. Ie someone posts a reply and someone looking for the approval  of the cool kids claims a "heads gone". I've been wound up by far better than you without getting excited about it.

You're right simply replying is not a rise, but your reply was full of anger.

Unlucky chief.

1 hour ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

If they're visiting the Juniors section to "get a rise out of the junior thickos for a laugh" they're not really clever at all, are they?

Indeed one of the main offenders got himself permanently banned & his posts scrubbed less than a week since his last arsehole antics around here (one of the reasons for his overdue booting being repeat complaining to Div about others behaviour on the forum he found objectionable, without any sense of the irony of it!), so they're hardly MENSA material.

39 minutes ago, JakeSAFC said:

^^^^ Shitgibbon's gonna shitgibbon.

Archived