Relagation Battle in the West

WhoAteAllTheDepays

7 minutes ago, fan of the juniors said:

Troon were 1 of my favourites for the league at the start of the season . Heard various reasons why it has went tits up but what in your opinion is the reason bud?

Finished strong last year to end up 4th and added quality players Robertson, Nisbet, Barbour and Dale Keenan so expectations were high, but it just hasn't worked out. Poor turnouts at training have been mentioned and this is definitely a problem. Older and experienced players have not performed but as always the younger players will be made the scapegoats 

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got to say thought Troon were poor on Saturday, didn't seem to play with the attitude of a team fighting to avoid relegation. You said there has been a poor turnout at training and that looked apparent with the likes of Keenan, who was miles off the pace, and looked a liability. They looked a better team when he went off.

You aren't doomed yet but think the bottom three will be Buffs, Troon and Largs, just in what order to sort out. The signing of Swift might be the thing that saves the Buffs, they have been missing that experience at the back all season.

7 minutes ago, Quantum Leap said:

Fair points but I feel Kilwinning are coming onto a game.

If Kilbirnie lose at Glens this week could be squeaky bum time for them with games at Rob Roy and home to Beith , although I'm sure Beith wouldn't want to relegate their neighbours ??

Kilbirnie will be fine. Bradley is too good to lose all of the last few matches.
I also think Buffs will have the wind taken out of their sails at Beechwood on the 18th. Although they might sneak a play off place.

Kilbirnie have 2 games away Glens and Roy with home derby against Beith , all tough ones but as I said earlier in thread Kilbirnie and Hurford should be fine, Troon are in freefall and need a miracle now or 3 wins from 4 to be accurate 

Forgot the KRR game was switched earlier in the season.

Agree their 3 games are tough, but with Anderson in the midfield then they have a guy who can win them difficult games.

1 hour ago, The viper said:

Got to say thought Troon were poor on Saturday, didn't seem to play with the attitude of a team fighting to avoid relegation. You said there has been a poor turnout at training and that looked apparent with the likes of Keenan, who was miles off the pace, and looked a liability. They looked a better team when he went off.

You aren't doomed yet but think the bottom three will be Buffs, Troon and Largs, just in what order to sort out. The signing of Swift might be the thing that saves the Buffs, they have been missing that experience at the back all season.

I would be more than happy if Buffs get the playoff place,viper,after the league season we've had! Totally agree with you on the addition of Swift,as I have posted before,having settled our defence.A long,hard battle for league survival awaits! 

I would be more than happy if Buffs get the playoff place,viper,after the league season we've had! Totally agree with you on the addition of Swift,as I have posted before,having settled our defence.A long,hard battle for league survival awaits! 

Could the swift signing be the difference that pushes you to avoid the bottom 3 and push KL to the play offs?

Swift on a one man mission to relegate Ladeside!

1 hour ago, superpollok said:

Could the swift signing be the difference that pushes you to avoid the bottom 3 and push KL to the play offs?

Swift on a one man mission to relegate Ladeside!

I hope you're right,superpollok! He may feel that he's got a point to prove.Buffs have definitely been playin' better,& back to winning ways,since he joined us.We Buffs supporters are under no illusions in how difficult a task lies ahead though.....We've still to play Pollok twice ;)....but seeing the difference in the team's performances lately,hopefully we're hittin' form at the right time! :thumsup2

I hope you're right,superpollok! He may feel that he's got a point to prove.Buffs have definitely been playin' better,& back to winning ways,since he joined us.We Buffs supporters are under no illusions in how difficult a task lies ahead though.....We've still to play Pollock twice [emoji6]....but seeing the difference in the team's performances lately,hopefully we're hittin' form at the right time! :thumsup2

Quite possible that our games are Pollok's final two league games, so might be our league season is over - safe with no chance of the title.

Might cheer you on myself that night if it puts Ladeside in play offs - haha!

How as Monty and Frye been, noticed Frye had a 3 match ban, what happened there. We have looked weaker defensively since he left.

1 minute ago, superpollok said:

Quite possible that our games are Pollok's final two league games, so might be our league season is over - safe with no chance of the title.

Might cheer you on myself that night if it puts Ladeside in play offs - haha!

How as Monty and Frye been, noticed Frye had a 3 match ban, what happened there. We have looked weaker defensively since he left.

Both have been great signings for Buffs,imo! Findlay Frye is like a 'wee terrier' in our mid-field. A hard tackler,as you probably know, which doesn't go down well with some of our game's "namby-pamby" reffs. Seen a couple of 'reds' lately. Carlo has added a bit of quality to the squad,too.Never gives up,& has an eye for goal.Was "questionably" sent off at Kelty,so he missed our game against Troon. As you suggested that Swifty might have 'mission' against Ladeside,maybe Monti & Frye will feel they have a point to prove when we play Pollok??? :whistle ;)

What utter nonsense. All Troon need is one more point than Kilbirnie. If they win their game in hand they would be 2 points behind with 3 games to go and one more win would possibly see them safe.

Where is Troon getting 2 wins in there last 4 games considering they are against the 4 best teams in league and 3 of them are away even if they win 2 of them all Kilbirnie would need is 1 point to be above Troon

Both have been great signings for Buffs,imo! Findlay Frye is like a 'wee terrier' in our mid-field. A hard tackler,as you probably know, which doesn't go down well with some of our game's "namby-pamby" reffs. Seen a couple of 'reds' lately. Carlo has added a bit of quality to the squad,too.Never gives up,& has an eye for goal.Was "questionably" sent off at Kelty,so he missed our game against Troon. As you suggested that Swifty might have 'mission' against Ladeside,maybe Monti & Frye will feel they have a point to prove when we play Pollok??? :whistle [emoji6]

I was at the Buffs v Troon game and I did wonder why neither Monti or Frye were not in the squad. IMO you didn't miss Frye as you ball retention in midfield was excellent as opposed to the last time I saw you at home to Arthurlie when Frye was the biggest culprit at giving the ball away.

Swift marshals your defence well and that was another massive improvement since the Lie game.

Troon have been astonishingly poor given their squad, a bit like my team, however it was refreshing to read troonfan's comments above as to possible reasons.

14 minutes ago, ex-german exile said:

I was at the Buffs v Troon game and I did wonder why neither Monti or Frye were not in the squad. IMO you didn't miss Frye as you ball retention in midfield was excellent as opposed to the last time I saw you at home to Arthurlie when Frye was the biggest culprit at giving the ball away.

Swift marshals your defence well and that was another massive improvement since the Lie game.

Troon have been astonishingly poor given their squad, a bit like my team, however it was refreshing to read troonfan's comments above as to possible reasons.

Yeah,you might be right,mate.I recon Frye's more of a 'ball winner' & closes down the opposition quickly! Ricky Hanvey had an excellent game, 'pulling the strings' in our mid-field against Troon.,imo.

43 minutes ago, The Bluebells Are Blue said:

Both have been great signings for Buffs,imo! Findlay Frye is like a 'wee terrier' in our mid-field. A hard tackler,as you probably know, which doesn't go down well with some of our game's "namby-pamby" reffs. Seen a couple of 'reds' lately. Carlo has added a bit of quality to the squad,too.Never gives up,& has an eye for goal.Was "questionably" sent off at Kelty,so he missed our game against Troon. As you suggested that Swifty might have 'mission' against Ladeside,maybe Monti & Frye will feel they have a point to prove when we play Pollok??? :whistle ;)

They may very well do. Both cracking players and I do miss Frye, though he was never sent off at Pollok. Monti's shine had worn off at Pollok but glad he seems to be back to enjoying his football. Looking forward to the two games, probably a Monday and Wednesday in May.

7 minutes ago, JackD1908 said:

They may very well do. Both cracking players and I do miss Frye, though he was never sent off at Pollok. Monti's shine had worn off at Pollok but glad he seems to be back to enjoying his football. Looking forward to the two games, probably a Monday and Wednesday in May.

Yeah,lookin' forward to it too,bud.Just hope everythin's done & dusted in the league by then......& hopefully Buffs survive the dreaded drop!! :)

2 hours ago, BumbleBeeBlastie said:

Isn't it confusing though when we struggled like feck with injuries in defence he never pulled a shirt on but he's now playing for the buffs and playing well

Not really. Boy obviously enjoying just playing without the concern of making the decisions.

Archived