Relagation Battle in the West

WhoAteAllTheDepays

It would take some run of results for the bottom 3 to change from what they are just now. So I don't think Ladeside will be drawn into it.
If they are all they need to do is arrange for their opponents to wear Pollok strips and I am sure everyone will be right up for it.

Looking at remaining home fixtures for the bottom 3 sides, Kilwinning could push Troon into automatic relegation and make the play offs. As their home games are all winnable and not against sides fighting for the league

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Most I can Ladeside getting is a point at home to Talbot or Beith.Glens and Rob Roy away will both be defeats.

Didn't think we'd get a win at Talbot or a point at Beith
Thought we would beat Largs comfortably. Shows how horribly inconsistent we are . Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if we win on Saturday or go to Rab's or Glens & win

Didn't think we'd get a win at Talbot or a point at Beith
Thought we would beat Largs comfortably. Shows how horribly inconsistent we are . Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if we win on Saturday or go to Rab's or Glens & win

One win wud probably be enough for Kilbirnie but it's 4 hard games left for them

10 hours ago, classof2010 said:

Kilwinning not got the easiest 8 games considering they will need probably 5 wins i don't see them getting that unless they win 4 home games which are Troon pollok cumnock hurlford cos they away to Talbot beith pollok Arthurlie

Buffs needlessly lost too many points early in the season,imo. We were winning a match,& end up losing! Really frustrating at the time,as we Buffs supporters knew they were better than those performances.There was a lot of unrest,as everyone knows,at the start of the season,but we seem more settled now; playing better,& most importantly,winning matches. Maybe too late now,but confidence is back within the team,& I'm hoping we can pick up the points required,to hopefully get the playoff place,at least. Also depends how the teams around Buffs do too.Time will tell!

25 usually sees you clear of the automatic relegation spots at least, but it varies year to year. Such is the quality of the league this season 27+ might be needed if more than one of the teams closer to the bottom pulls a winning run together.

9 minutes ago, JackD1908 said:

25 usually sees you clear of the automatic relegation spots at least, but it varies year to year. Such is the quality of the league this season 27+ might be needed if more than one of the teams closer to the bottom pulls a winning run together.

So maybe Pollok no safe yet either?

Shettleston were in the play off with 25 last season. I would suggest that as the league is so tight this season, the safety mark will be lower rather than higher, however 25 will be play off at absolute worst.

Buffs needlessly lost too many points early in the season,imo. We were winning a match,& end up losing! Really frustrating at the time,as we Buffs supporters knew they were better than those performances.There was a lot of unrest,as everyone knows,at the start of the season,but we seem more settled now; playing better,& most importantly,winning matches. Maybe too late now,but confidence is back within the team,& I'm hoping we can pick up the points required,to hopefully get the playoff place,at least. Also depends how the teams around Buffs do too.Time will tell!

Having seen kilwinning a few times last season I never expected them to be in this position they have strengthened since last season but I think 5 wins is minimum needed to avoid bottom 3 and even at that 25 points might be in play offs I think the buffs Troon n Largs are going to find it hard to rise out bottom 3 massive game buffs n Troon if buffs lose I think they are gone because 15 out of 21 points wud be nearly impossible considering they would have taken 10 out of a possible 45 before

On 28 February 2017 at 21:16, troonfan said:

So maybe Pollok no safe yet either?

It would take a weird run of results to see us in the bottom two but not impossible. I'd only say KRR, Glenafton and Talbot are safe already. Anyone else could be pulled into it.

Archived