Relagation Battle in the West

WhoAteAllTheDepays

Don,t think that group of players really care whether Ladeside stay up or not, will all head off to pastures new, not won a game all season after losing 1st goal I don,t think and discipline is poor, another sending off today.

All about the money money, no pride no connection with fans ,wee Davie excluded, let's get to end of season see what league we are in and have a clear out,

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just started going to Krr games this season and it's been brilliant. Think it's still very tight. Apart from talbot glens and the Roy. Everyone else mybe in danger of the drop. Doesn't look good for Largs Troon or ladeside. Kilwinning still got a lot of games. Beith will probably be fine too. Pollok and Arthurlie isn't there quite yet after really having disappointing seasons imo. 

4 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Personally, I think Arthurlie have done fine so far, considering they've flirted with relEgation the last couple of years.

Yes would probably agree with that. Think Pollok have been disappointing though. No consistency. Heard they are strong at newlandsfid but have been poor away from home. 

Arthurlie and Cumnock are safe and Largs are already doomed given they would need to win all three of their remaining fixtures against three title challengers to get 24 points. Pollok need a point from five games so also safe IMO.

I think 24 points might be enough to stay up this season and avoid the playoffs.

Looking at the table and fixtures left I am not sure if 2 of the KL, Largs, KR and Troon will get to 24 points.

Ladeside need to win one match out of two very hard games

Largs would need 3 wins from 3

Troon would need 2 wins 2 draws or 3 wins to get to 24(+)

And Kilwinning 3 wins and 2 draws from 7 games (or 4 wins)

On current form and with Kilwinning having cup commitments (at least for one more game) it's a lot of wins in a short period of time

The difference this season is also there is actually a title race, so instead of teams playing a lot of meaningless games you have 4 teams at bottom fighting and 3 maybe 4 at the top, so 60%+ of league fighting for something.

32 minutes ago, superpollok said:

I think 24 points might be enough to stay up this season and avoid the playoffs.

Looking at the table and fixtures left I am not sure if 2 of the KL, Largs, KR and Troon will get to 24 points.

On current form and with Kilwinning having cup commitments (at least for one more game) it's a lot of wins in a short period of time

The difference this season is also there is actually a title race, so instead of teams playing a lot of meaningless games you have 4 teams at bottom fighting and 3 maybe 4 at the top, so 60%+ of league fighting for something.

Are you happy Pollok just setteling to stay in the league? 

At this stage of the season what else is there to 'settle for' league wise. Not going to win it, so if don't win it the next thing is to avoid dropping out it.

We still have one cup to defend and the WoS cup to play in so hopefully still can add silverware this season something that we have done in 12 out the 16 years of this millennium and 3 out the last 4.

Good post. Hurlford also need two wins or one and a couple of draws. If Pollok lose five in a row then they deserve to be in the play off, but it's not going to happen and as you say 24 points is probably enough already.

It's difficult to see Troon or Largs picking up enough wins against Beith, Talbot and Glenafton - Troon also have KRR. So IMO, it will depend on the Buffs performing well over seven games, only two of which are against title challengers.

44 minutes ago, MTR said:

A couple of seasons ago Rob Roy would have been delighted just to stay in the league.  This is the most competitive league so staying in it is an accomplishment in itself. Funny seeing RRG telling Rob Roy fans not to get ahead of themselves but he is 100% correct and the late arrivals to join the bandwagon should take his advice. 

1 hour ago, ex-german exile said:

Good post. Hurlford also need two wins or one and a couple of draws. If Pollok lose five in a row then they deserve to be in the play off, but it's not going to happen and as you say 24 points is probably enough already.

It's difficult to see Troon or Largs picking up enough wins against Beith, Talbot and Glenafton - Troon also have KRR. So IMO, it will depend on the Buffs performing well over seven games, only two of which are against title challengers.

No danger for Hurlford ,enough winnable fixtures to get 5 or 6 points at least , could see them going on a run and finishing mid table 

No danger for Hurlford ,enough winnable fixtures to get 5 or 6 points at least , could see them going on a run and finishing mid table 

That's easy for you to say, but I have to watch them so until we get another five or six points I'll remain cautious.

5 minutes ago, ex-german exile said:

That's easy for you to say, but I have to watch them so until we get another five or six points I'll remain cautious.

Feel your pain pal, just be sure to beat Kilwinning as it probably will be us or them for playoff at best 

Archived