Ayr Utd vs Raith Rovers

Want to move on from today's game as quickly as possible. If we lose here then we'll be even further into the shit than we already are but if the miraculous does indeed happen and we win we can drag Raith right into the mix.

There isn't a a lot of players to pick from as we've pretty much all of our midfielders injured (shades of last year) but I think we need to ditch the 3 at the back as it failed miserably today.

IMG_1488067585.187518.jpg

Doubt we'll drop Harkins but his contributions are getting less as he weeks go on.

My heart says we'll win 1-0 but my head says we could concede a few as Raith push further away from us.

• Replies 807
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gary Harkins is a nailed-on certainty to score from a set piece if you play him against us. 

Massive game for both sides. Defeat here and we are firmly in disaster territory. How many games since Ayr last won a game? We're on 16...

Gary Harkins is a nailed-on certainty to score from a set piece if you play him against us. 
Massive game for both sides. Defeat here and we are firmly in disaster territory. How many games since Ayr last won a game? We're on 16...

15 without a win.

Last victory was on the 22nd October

8 hours ago, somerset_lad00 said:

Want to move on from today's game as quickly as possible. If we lose here then we'll be even further into the shit than we already are but if the miraculous does indeed happen and we win we can drag Raith right into the mix.

There isn't a a lot of players to pick from as we've pretty much all of our midfielders injured (shades of last year) but I think we need to ditch the 3 at the back as it failed miserably today.

IMG_1488067585.187518.jpg

Doubt we'll drop Harkins but his contributions are getting less as he weeks go on.

My heart says we'll win 1-0 but my head says we could concede a few as Raith push further away from us.

McCall reckoned Murphy wouldn't make it.

Massive changes required. We need energy on Tuesday.

Forrest has to start, and I'd put him wherever he wanted to go. He got us going back in September, and could just do something different.

Harkins rested (or dropped, however you want to put it). Moore up top.

Cobble together a defence and give the one or two youngsters we have a chance.

Flat as a pancake

Hope not quite lost but dwindling

What can the boss and the players do to give us hope?

The definition of madness is doing the exact same thing, time after time, and expecting a different result

Mix it up gaffer

Need energy, spark, dig, pace, confidence

Hope he looked himself in the mirror after yesterday

Hope he gives a few of those players a going through

We can still do this but it really needs to start Tuesday

Win and it should give EVERYONE a lift

Beat and we are down as that will be a killer blow and can't see anyone lifting themselves after that

So it will be another useless draw then

IMG_1488067585.187518.thumb.jpg.09bf90402ded876d9285ced217c2aeed.jpg

Check out our goalscoring record. When did we last score a few?

This is our 17th attempt in a row at winning a game.

Maybe whichever goalkeeper we get in on an emergency loan will be good with free kicks. We have to find one who can save a free kick. Maybe.

Hopefully the wake up call has been delivered by st mirren. We've  been punching above our weight all season but not making an effort like yesterday is simply not acceptable. We need to score some goals and if we can beat raith it boots st mirren back in the balls for yesterday and psychologically damages rovers. Huge again and the players need to look themselves in the mirror before they go out and ask themselves if they're up for this because on yesterday's showing they've got a lot to do to convince us they are  

IMG_1488067585.187518.thumb.jpg.09bf90402ded876d9285ced217c2aeed.jpg

If we play like this we will just play punts up to M'Voto's head. We need width as we never have options for players on the ball or pace out wide to cause teams problem. Cairney and Gilmour/Wardrope in the middle with Mcguffie and McDaid out wide.

2 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Up until now i've convinced myself that we would turn it around and have a wee run. Now i genuinely cant see us winning another game

Anything can happen in football

treat each game like a cup final

these cliches will get you through the turnstiles hursty mate keep the faith

Unpopular as it may be McKenna must start and Meggatt to left back. If we are struggling for our midfield players he at least brings a physical edge and is mobile enough at this level. Will make a few howlers but hopefully stop the aerial threat at set pieces. 

Archived