Ayr Utd vs Raith Rovers

Didn't we borrow a boy from Kelty Hearts a couple years back when we didn't have any fit keepers? Can Wayne Henderson register himself like Bobby Geddes did at Dundee? I'm not sure if Wayne played professionally like Geddes did though...

• Replies 807
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, MC_Lachlan said:

Didn't we borrow a boy from Kelty Hearts a couple years back when we didn't have any fit keepers? Can Wayne Henderson register himself like Bobby Geddes did at Dundee? I'm not sure if Wayne played professionally like Geddes did though...

Yep. Allan Fleming was the name as I recall, for a live ALBA match at Partick Thistle. May have been the Challenge Cup. Think it was 3-0 Partick but it wasn't Fleming's fault. 

1 minute ago, Kitty_Boy said:

Scarcely believable that Rovers have only had one fit goalkeeper for three weeks and not brought someone in. Shambles.

It is definitely poor but it's yet another Gary Lockeism, I'm afraid. Firstly he wasted our overage domestic loan on a back-up goalkeeper (Aaron Lennox), then wasted the January budget on players who are literally never going to play (Scott Roberts, David Syme) plus Ryan Stevenson. Who he swapped for our best youth talent this millennium.

Locke also planned to see out the season with just two goalies on the books, before being forced into signing Brennan after both got inured. Then when all were fit, he started naming two on the bench. He's a fucking crackpot, when you think about it. 

Not sure where we can go from here. As far as I was aware we could only have one overage domestic loan, but Hibs taking Commons & Ambrose surely means there must be some sort of loophole? If not we'll just have to pick up some ringer from the juniors again, I guess.

Not ideal for an absolutely huge match. But we beat Dunfermline with essentially no goalkeeper earlier this season. It can be done...

2 minutes ago, Paco said:

Yep. Allan Fleming was the name as I recall, for a live ALBA match at Partick Thistle. May have been the Challenge Cup. Think it was 3-0 Partick but it wasn't Fleming's fault. 

It is definitely poor but it's yet another Gary Lockeism, I'm afraid. Firstly he wasted our overage domestic loan on a back-up goalkeeper (Aaron Lennox), then wasted the January budget on players who are literally never going to play (Scott Roberts, David Syme) plus Ryan Stevenson. Who he swapped for our best youth talent this millennium.

Locke also planned to see out the season with just two goalies on the books, before being forced into signing Brennan after both got inured. Then when all were fit, he started naming two on the bench. He's a fucking crackpot, when you think about it. 

Not sure where we can go from here. As far as I was aware we could only have one overage domestic loan, but Hibs taking Commons & Ambrose surely means there must be some sort of loophole? If not we'll just have to pick up some ringer from the juniors again, I guess.

Not ideal for an absolutely huge match. But we beat Dunfermline with essentially no goalkeeper earlier this season. It can be done...

Aye, was just about to say that it sums up this fucking season, even the things Locke technically got right - extra keeper cover - have turned to fucking shite. What the f**k was the point in signing Syme or Roberts. We are an absolute fucking shambles this year.

8 minutes ago, renton said:

Aye, was just about to say that it sums up this fucking season, even the things Locke technically got right - extra keeper cover - have turned to fucking shite. What the f**k was the point in signing Syme or Roberts. We are an absolute fucking shambles this year.

It's only after putting it down in writing that you realise how pathetic we've been this season, on and off the pitch. At this stage we probably deserve to go down to be honest. Buck stops with the board for somehow thinking Locke was the way to go. The only thing we've got right is bringing in Hughes, who regardless of how things pan out was the best option available. 

But enough of the negativity. I said before Queens we'd lose there and beat Ayr. 2-1. Kyle Benedictus to save a penalty after our hastily arranged goalkeeper gets injured five minutes in. 

23 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

Joking aside, which senior ground in Scotland now has the best terracing?

Ayr and Morton still have terracing in The Championship. Are there better grounds with terracing in League 1 and 2?

Forfar's behind the net to the left looking at the stand is the best view from behind the nets, Ayr's North terracing is great if they allow the away fans upto the seggy fence, Ayr's Somerset Road End is not a great view but by far the best for atmosphere whenever Ayr do decide to turn up.

46 minutes ago, Paco said:

Fairly sure the rule is only having one overage loan at a time rather than only being allowed one throughout the season which is why Hibs are fine, so there's no loophole there and you're out of luck.

It's going to be a laugh when Raith fling in some ringer from the Juniors then Ayr fail to get a shot on target anyway.

11 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Don't worry raith you can put a defender in goal and we still wouldn't score.

We've scored something like 7 goals in 17 games. Maybe we could take turns about having a keeper - one half each?

47 minutes ago, Paco said:

It's only after putting it down in writing that you realise how pathetic we've been this season, on and off the pitch. At this stage we probably deserve to go down to be honest. Buck stops with the board for somehow thinking Locke was the way to go. The only thing we've got right is bringing in Hughes, who regardless of how things pan out was the best option available. 

But enough of the negativity. I said before Queens we'd lose there and beat Ayr. 2-1. Kyle Benedictus to save a penalty after our hastily arranged goalkeeper gets injured five minutes in. 

Aye, it's a horror show. Overage loan on a goalkeeper, Rudi Skacel, not punting Scott Roberts in January, Letting Vaughan go to a team then 4 points behind us, now one point in front, That guy who never fucking played, David Syme, 1-0 down: Panic and throw everyone up front.

it's been a total disaster. Would love to see the board sit down and write about what they've learned.

3 minutes ago, renton said:

Aye, it's a horror show. Overage loan on a goalkeeper, Rudi Skacel, not punting Scott Roberts in January, Letting Vaughan go to a team then 4 points behind us, now one point in front, That guy who never fucking played, David Syme, 1-0 down: Panic and throw everyone up front.

it's been a total disaster. Would love to see the board sit down and write about what they've learned.

Should probably write it a few times to be fair.  

bart-simpson-generator.gif

4 minutes ago, renton said:

We're no much better, relying on s striker who was out for 6 months, not signing recognised wingers, going 6 months without a league win, no pressure on the manager, constant drab performances. 

Going to be a cracker tonight...

Just now, San Starko Rover said:

Should probably write it a few times to be fair.  

bart-simpson-generator.gif

He must have some fucking interview technique, mind. His LinkedIn CV is pure gold: Went to Primary school - check. Also, his brilliant achievement of "would've finished above Hibs if it wasn't for the point deduction" (i.e. we didn't finish above Hibs), and also "Beat Hibs 1-0", well f**k me sideways - what a genius there.

Yip, both in the same boat.

As mentioned above, we had no strikers but squandered much of our budget on guys such as McKenna & Rose to sit on a bench. No goalkeeper ??, well St Mirren could easily have played without a Goalie on Saturday and it would have made absolutely no difference as we didn't attempt to get near their box until the last 5 minutes. No crosses into the box and no corners. What a shambles. I was just thinking about it and in the 27 years that I've held a season ticket I can honestly say that was our worst ever performance and trust me I've seen a few shockers over the years. It actually got so depressing that I couldn't even be bothered getting annoyed about it and that's the really sad thing.

Raith appear to be absolutely shocking as well, so no doubt we're in for a cracker tonight !!!

Wait who are the 4 loanees? 

- Scott Roberts

- Ryan Hardie

- Aaron Lennox 

Are all i can find on your squad page (McManus doesnt count) so should still have one spare?

Archived