Queen of the South v Falkirk

Really looking forward to this game, hopefully we start like we did today and finish as we did last sat v Dund Utd. Hopefully we make more of the goal scoring chances that we have been creating in recent games. Win this game and our game in hand and it's down to 2 points a very realistic target.

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Really looking forward to this game, hopefully we start like we did today and finish as we did last sat v Dund Utd. Hopefully we make more of the goal scoring chances that we have been creating in recent games. Win this game and our game in hand and it's down to 2 points a very realistic target.

Just said that on the Raith match thread.

A combination of those halfs and we'll win, anything less and we'll struggle.

We have a habit of getting a result hear when we need it in recent years. Cup Qtr, last season 2-2 and when Holt was manager. We just have to shackle Dobbie based on previous meetings.

Not sure what line up Houston will go with but I would thing it will be Austin and Baird up front

11 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

We have a habit of getting a result hear when we need it in recent years. Cup Qtr, last season 2-2 and when Holt was manager. We just have to shackle Dobbie based on previous meetings.

Not sure what line up Houston will go with but I would thing it will be Austin and Baird up front

Can't really read too much into previous meetings this season. Only one player from 4 of the midfield that started the last game against Falkirk is likely to play. Two of them have left and one would play right back if he did start and that is unlikely. Thankfully.

Watching the interview with Houston I suspect we will see Aird in for Hippolyte and his lovechild, Kerr in for Taiwo.

Maybe even Miller being dropped for Baird.

If he drops Taiwo or Hippolyte I'll be a seething mess.

I agree there is no way he will drop hippo and I can't see him dropping Taiwo either who has been playing well. I like kerr but he has to work his way back in and bide his time. I think the only decision Houston has to make is up front where it's perm any two from baird Austin miller and mchugh whoever starts will come off for the other anyway

Can't really read too much into previous meetings this season. Only one player from 4 of the midfield that started the last game against Falkirk is likely to play. Two of them have left and one would play right back if he did start and that is unlikely. Thankfully.

You should have won at our place

Probably. But we are still better for the changes made in January, especially in the middle of the park.

TBF so are we. We have done well recently when we have got up for it and not taken the other team for granted. That encourages me for this game

After seeing McKee (once) I said that no one in our midfields place is safe. Sibbald seems to be the player struggling for form at the minute and would not object to McKee coming in beside Taiwo especially for an away game. If he is fit of course. Unsure of his injury.
Lets get Baird back in too. He deserves it.

Another assist for Sibbald yesterday per Sky.

Would take a point in this, I think we just need to make sure we're in the top four and see what happens from there.

Interesting to see if Houston starts any of his January signings - none of the 3 started yesterday. More money down the pan.

Another assist for Sibbald yesterday per Sky.

Would take a point in this, I think we just need to make sure we're in the top four and see what happens from there.

Interesting to see if Houston starts any of his January signings - none of the 3 started yesterday. More money down the pan.

Honestly can't remember if he got the assist or not yesterday he was really poor throughout though. And sky tbf have got Hippo as assisting the first goal instead of Leahy.

Agreed about the top 4. Realistically we're not going up anyway and there's little difference about finishing 3rd or 4th.

For once for Queens match thread it actually is a really big game for us, the only must win game against Falkirk we've won was when we sealed 4th place a couple years back when we won 1-0 thanks to a Derek Lyle screamer after beating Hibs and Rangers in the same week. After losing to Albion Rovers and St Mirren, if you thought we had even the smallest chance of having something to play for late in the season you probably would have been sectioned so it is a credit to Naysmith for turning it around so quickly. 

I think we've probably still got too much ground to make up but if we can get a win against Falkirk or Morton the playoff picture gets extra spicy. All you can ask for as a fan is games that have some significance for the right reasons so hopefully we can make something out of this strange season.

If Kerr starts any future games for us, barring injuries, I'll be fucking furious.  It's no coincidence we've been getting better results since he dropped out.

Hippo, McKee, Craigen, Taiwo, Sibbald and Aird are all better options - and I'd go 3 up front before bringing Kerr in.

Archived