Queen of the South v Falkirk

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Gaz FFC said:

Yer team ran out with a certain grace.

Can't you show that from several angles

Are you sure?

I didn't pay much attention, but I'd be amazed if our central defenders didn't collide as they exited the tunnel.

8 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

The defending for the 2nd goal. Deary me.

It's not great. There doesn't look to be much contact on Austin though when you see it again. And I'm still wholly unconvinced the free kick for the first one was a foul. We deserved to lose though.

Guest Flash

Prior to January, we had a League 1 midfield, defence and goalkeeper. We now have a League 1 defence and goalkeeper.

8 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

It's not great. There doesn't look to be much contact on Austin though when you see it again. And I'm still wholly unconvinced the free kick for the first one was a foul. We deserved to lose though.

I agree that there wasn't a lot of contact on Austin although he was impeded I think. I saw a clear foul on Baird for the 1st one though, looked like he took a sharp kick to the foot.

8 hours ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

The defending for the 2nd goal. Deary me.

It's even worse than I remembered it.  Just dreadful.

The awful clearance to gift possession back to Falkirk just before the dodgy free kick award for the first goal, is almost as bad.

I agree that there wasn't a lot of contact on Austin although he was impeded I think. I saw a clear foul on Baird for the 1st one though, looked like he took a sharp kick to the foot.

Exactly. A swift toe to his heel. Clear as day, surely!

45 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Exactly. A swift toe to his heel. Clear as day, surely!

Its absolutely not clear which one of them plays the ball. I'm not saying its not a foul, just that I wasnt sure of it at the time and I'm still not. It's fairly clear there is some contact by Brownlie's foot to Baird's after the ball is played. The question is which one plays the ball first. If it was Brownlie then that isnt a foul.

Not that it matters much. Better team won and fully deserved to. 

Having watched the video, the criticism of Robinson is harsh and unwarranted.

Thomson should have blocked that before it reached anywhere near the goals.  He turned away from it which allowed the ball to pass.  I can't imagine the likes of Jim Thomson, Andy Aitken, Nobby Clark, Crawford Boyd, Steve Bowey etc. doing such a thing.

1 hour ago, Nithsdale Wanderer said:

Having watched the video, the criticism of Robinson is harsh and unwarranted.

Thomson should have blocked that before it reached anywhere near the goals.  He turned away from it which allowed the ball to pass.  I can't imagine the likes of Jim Thomson, Andy Aitken, Nobby Clark, Crawford Boyd, Steve Bowey etc. doing such a thing.

Yeah you can't blame the goalie for that one. As you said if the boy at the end of the wall hadn't been such a shitebag it would've been blocked. For the pen the defender didn't argue much at all and was doing his best to try and persuade the ref it was a corner when he was nowhere near the ball.

3 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Yeah you can't blame the goalie for that one. As you said if the boy at the end of the wall hadn't been such a shitebag it would've been blocked. For the pen the defender didn't argue much at all and was doing his best to try and persuade the ref it was a corner when he was nowhere near the ball.

He's not trying to appeal for a corner, the ball doesn't go out. He's asking the referee to consult the linesman as he thinks Austin fouled him first (which I don't think he did) or that he thinks it isn't a foul at all (there wasn't much in it but probably a penalty for me).

I hadn't actually noticed the way Thomson turns away from the ball on the free kick. It probably would have hit him if he'd stood still.

Archived