Queen of the South v Falkirk

Guest Flash
1 minute ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Who says he is the best it's all about opinions.

Even if he is the best, it says nothing. 

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Who says he is the best it's all about opinions.

A CB pairing of Higgins and Dowie against the pace Dunfermline possess is an absolutely terrifying thought. Brownlie is the only CB I hope is retained next season. Higgins and Dowie have been excellent servants to the club, but they're done.

2 minutes ago, BIGdavieT said:

If another player had done exactly what Dobbie did in that match the fans would've been shouting for him to be punted. He is God but we can't rely on him too much and no player has a god given right to be on the park the whole time.

Explain what Dobbie done? It's not the 1st time he's been subbed.

1 minute ago, 19QOS19 said:

A CB pairing of Higgins and Dowie against the pace Dunfermline possess is an absolutely terrifying thought. Brownlie is the only CB I hope is retained next season. Higgins and Dowie have been excellent servants to the club, but they're done.

Play Joe Thomson at centre half solid tackler with pace. Play Danny or Hilson out wide.

I wouldn't have brought Dobbie or Rankine off but both were having very poor games so it wasn't a terrible decision IMO. If another player had done exactly what Dobbie did in that match the fans would've been shouting for him to be punted. He is God but we can't rely on him too much and no player has a god given right to be on the park the whole time.

Dobbie was as poor as everyone else today. The difference between him and the rest of our squad is that he can do f**k all all game yet pull a goal out of nowhere. He should never be subbed unless he's crocked or we're ahead and holding onto a lead. Ridiculous to take him off.

3 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Dunfermline were horrific against us a few weeks ago & that could easily have been 5 or 6...they showed none of this amazing pace you refer to...obviously they had an off day but that doesn't make players slower

What I'm saying is I wouldn't have brought him off because he is our best finisher by far, but I'm not going to totally slate the manager for bringing someone off who was giving the ball away and contributing nothing thus far.

And it's also entirely possible he was brought off with Tuesday night in mind.

And it's also entirely possible he was brought off with Tuesday night in mind.

If that was the reason it would make me even more angry/concerned. We were only 1 down at the time, had he decided to throw in the towel at that point?

38 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

No complaints about the penalty but game was gone before that. I didnt think the free kick for the opener was a foul but would need to see it again. The lead was more than deserved at that point anyway.

I'm not convinced the lead was especially deserved when it arrived.  I was very keen to get to half time unscathed, as Falkirk were pressing.  However, apart from when Mercer inexplicably let Baird in to blast wide like he did for us against Rangers; Falkirk had come no closer than we'd managed to ourselves when we got in behind down the right, near the start.

I was angry about the award of a free kick because there looked nothing in it.  I was angrier though about Dowie snatching at a clearance moments before, thus needlessly giving them the ball back.

The second goal was awful.  Thomson (I think)made an arse of a very simple pass out wide as we were on a rare attack.  Our defenders then got in a familiar pickle which resulted in a stonewaller that saw Dowie lucky to stay on.

The ref spent the whole game guessing about every decision, while his linesmen seemed reluctant to watch the game.  The worst decision of the lot actually saw us get awarded a corner in the second half as everyone filed back for the goal kick.

If that was the reason it would make me even more angry/concerned. We were only 1 down at the time, had he decided to throw in the towel at that point?

I do agree that would be a bad reason to take him off!

52 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Motivation shouldn't have been a problem in an attractive must-win game.  I think there really were a series of off days, but our fondness for launching it was just weird.  

Bizarrely, we also had that ultra-frustrating route one pish around the end of the year - Boxing Day in Fife a particular low point - when it's so utterly ineffective against any half-organised defence...beats me why we'd try it then with wee Baird as target, and equally why you guys would persist with it today against Peter Grant. 

1 hour ago, Sloop John B said:

Not sure whether it was good team spirit or just trying to squeeze a few seconds away by having all eleven players run up the park to celebrate scoring a penalty. Queens could certainly learn a lot from them for the amount of times we've chucked a lead this season.

Kerr was very good as he usually is when he gets enough space, and Peter Grant makes a huge difference in at the back

It's genuinely team spirit tbh - today's not the first time the whole outfield team joins in when we score - last week at home v Dumbarton was the very same response to both our goals - and given the second goal pretty well clinched it, not surprising as it's a big result for us in a tricky fixture.   

Falkirk were good, we were awful its already been covered pretty well by everyone else.

The writing was on the wall from about five minutes in. We went long because we weren't getting a sniff in midfield. Pretty disappointing that Naysmith didn't at least attempt to change things to try and counter this. I would have sacrificed Dobbie or Lyle for Dykes or Carmichael and pushed Thomson more central to make a midfield three. I doubt it would have made a difference today as too many had an off day. Sticking to a plan that isn't working is poor management though. Our subs made zero impact because the system was at fault not the personnel.

It would be nice to go through 90 minutes without giving away a calamitous goal. I suspect that won't change until messrs Dowie, Higgins and Robinson are punted.

Jacobs and Thomas just about scrape pass marks thats about it.

Archived