Queen of the South v Falkirk

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, steakpiegravy said:

I would double check this. I got stung at either Dumbarton or St Mirren where the QOS website said 12 and under but at the ground it said under 12. Not QOS fault but ramped up the parent and child price for 4 of us

Childrens prices at Palmerston (& the free offer this week) are definitely for UNDER 16s. 16 year olds fall into the 16-21 concession band.

Stating the obvious but this is a game that we really need to win to try and cut the deficit to a manageable level and hope to win our game in hand.

Another very tough fixture probably for both teams. We are certainly a lot stronger now and assuming no injuries our team pretty much picks itself.

Our big challenge is to turn draws into wins especially against our play off rivals.

A few links between the two clubs now even after the departure of Mark Millar. Just John Rankin now at Queens who is ex Falkirk I think but Falkirk have 6 ex-Queens players in Robbie Thomson, Lewis Kidd, Aaron Muirhead, Mark Kerr, John Baird and Bob McHugh.

There's also Nathan Austin who was brought through in the senior game by Gary Naysmith and Dougie Anderson whilst in our squad Dale Hilson was with Peter Houston at Dundee United for about 4 years.

The problem is that Craigen no matter how you look at it is not really suited to playing wide right. He has improved ten fold and his set piece balls are excellent but to me he still hasn't the pace or ability to play in that role long term even though he is giving it 100% just now.  To me Muirhead is still not really a right back and Sibbald isn't a center mid either but Houston has yet to find a way of playing all our players in their best positions so we end up with a lot of players making do which is okay in the short term but we're doing it constantly.

A few links between the two clubs now even after the departure of Mark Millar. Just John Rankin now at Queens who is ex Falkirk I think but Falkirk have 6 ex-Queens players in Robbie Thomson, Lewis Kidd, Aaron Muirhead, Mark Kerr, John Baird and Bob McHugh.
There's also Nathan Austin who was brought through in the senior game by Gary Naysmith and Dougie Anderson whilst in our squad Dale Hilson was with Peter Houston at Dundee United for about 4 years.

When did Muirhead play for you lot?

2 minutes ago, Trump said:

That was for Partick Thistle against them. No record of him playing for them. Maybe that's where their irrational hatred for him came from.

Ah right enough!

8 minutes ago, Trump said:

That was for Partick Thistle against them. No record of him playing for them. Maybe that's where their irrational hatred for him came from.

He was at Queens as a youth player before he went to Crewe with grant Hanley. There's no irrational hatred for him, he's not liked because he's a fanny.

21 minutes ago, Trump said:

He is a product of our Club Academy despite your website claiming he's a product of Ayr's (he was there for about 5 minutes at 19's level). He never played first team for us before he joined Annan Athletic but he was here for about 4 years. His dad was a coach with us too. 

This interview from the SPFL website has some other information on it. http://spfl.co.uk/news/article/muirheads-career-built-on-solid-bricks/

Archived