Cowden v Edinburgh City

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, NorthernLights said:

I've been to all 42 SPFL grounds and you'd struggle to find one as awful as Central Park.  If they were to disappear from the SPFL it wouldn't be a massive loss to the game.

You should worry more about Stewart Milne's desperate attempts to get your club moved 13miles so that he can get his hands on Pittodrie to expand his empire.

He's conned most of the Aberdeen support. Unlucky.

3 hours ago, The Minertaur said:

C5xm00XWUAEbfyv.jpg

Teams - we appear to have made 3 changes from the weekend. God knows the formation or who is playing where :lol:

Looked like a 4-4-2 formation for Cowdenbeath from where Mr Blobby was standing. Sneddon in goal. Back 4 of (left to right) Rutherford, McLauchlan, Rumsby, & Pyper. Midfield of Henderson, Buchan, Mullen & Ross. Forward two were Renton & Carrick. Chris Renton is a fiery character, argued the whole time but I was told he has been like that for the whole of his career anyway. The match day programmes and the team sheets were sold out by the time I got there just after 7.30pm and by the time I bought two mince pies the game had already started. The Cowdenbeath players have their names on the back of their shirts, so that helped.

DSC00002.JPG

7 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

Looked like a 4-4-2 formation for Cowdenbeath from where Mr Blobby was standing. Sneddon in goal. Back 4 of (left to right) Rutherford, McLauchlan, Rumsby, & Pyper. Midfield of Henderson, Buchan, Mullen & Ross. Forward two were Renton & Carrick. Chris Renton is a fiery character, argued the whole time but I was told he has been like that for the whole of his career anyway. The match day programmes and the team sheets were sold out by the time I got there just after 7.30pm and by the time I bought two mince pies the game had already started. The Cowdenbeath players have their names on the back of their shirts, so that helped.

DSC00002.JPG

I have a spare programme which I can send you if you want it.

1 hour ago, DutchBorderer said:

Figured it'd go like this, 'grats to the Edinburgh boys. Hope Blobby got his final pin, because at this rate, Cowdenbeath ain't on the fixture list next season.

1 hour ago, big al said:

Lawro kindly gave him his.

Cheers, The shop didn't have any Cowdenbeath pin badges so Lawro kindly came over to the away end at half time and exchanged his old one for a Blobby biscuit.

Mr Blobby won't be on the fixture list next season either, he's signed up to follow Edinburgh Capitals Ice Hockey next season at Murayfield. Mrs Blobby picked the team. 

Spoiler

That's an exclusive here on Pie and Bovril

DSC00001.JPG

24 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

We were playing 4-1-2-1-2 tonight. It was a very narrow team with the anonymous (he did literally nothing) Buchanan just behind the front two.

2 minutes ago, The_Pit_Owns said:

We were playing 4-1-2-1-2 tonight. It was a very narrow team with the anonymous (he did literally nothing) Buchanan just behind the front two.

Cheers for clearing that up. I wasn't paying too much attention to detail tonight. In the last quarter, I'll be looking at all the away team's formations from now on until the end of the season. 

Wasted my time freezing my nuts off. Started well then just seemed to give up. Then that wee ned Mullen decided to not only deliberately get himself sent off, but also give the fans a mouthful of abuse on the way down the tunnel.

Are you making things up?

Had the opportunity to film this match for Edinburgh City tonight so here are the highlights of the match for the citizens to enjoy

Great to see you abiding by SPFL rules and publishing these after the curfew.

Then that wee ned Mullen decided to not only deliberately get himself sent off, but also give the fans a mouthful of abuse on the way down the tunnel.

Maybe he had a cheeky tenner on a red card in the game?

6 hours ago, The_Pit_Owns said:

A ridiculously narrow team. I can't stand that tactic. At many points in the game our whole outfield 10 were condensed in a third of the width of the pitch, either all down a side or sometimes the middle third. It's like school playground formations, or flees round sh1te, and makes for zero football and just hoping for scraps. 

God help the youth footballers in this country if that man is a youth development coach at 1 of our biggest clubs. 

I'm getting worried for Cowden. Always been impressed by their history and how they punched above their weight (given size of the community and support), and outcompeting us for most of the past 50 years. Yes Central Park is grim, like Cliftonhill, but is a real historic stadium so wins hands down over any ersatz lego box or Meadowbank. Were you tipped as one the favourites for the league at the start of the season? Hope you can get your act together. Arbroath finished second bottom last season so like most of the bottom 10-15 clubs, there's unease that a downward slide could be around the corner. On the brighter side, the prospect of playing a bunch of different teams in a different league also has some appeal.

Our system last night was a joke. No width on what is one of the tightest pitches in scottish football if not the tightest pitch. I understand it means then picking up possession from rentons harrying/flicks/knock downs however we cant even do that. We had no runners off the ball. We are an absolute dream to play against and easy to read.

Ross/pyper/buchanan all worked hard last night but their passing and ability is so poor. Mullen was having a decent game until his sending off (p***k)

I would have changed buchanan for moore much much earlier and put moore out wide left.

We are a shambles on the park.

Mullen was nipping away all night- you can see him going to the ref in the video when Dunsmore gets his booking (deserved) trying to get him sent off. Instead the ref had had enough and sent Mullen packing. If his talent was as big as his mooth Cowden wouldn't be bottom of the league. The way his career is going it'll be the Fife Juniors for him: from Hibs to Thornton Hibs in a few seasons. 

Compare this to the City players when the Cowden goal is scored- it's a bit of a "Geoff Hurst" but in the video you don't see City players surrounding the ref- the only moaning you see is Big Joe and Dougie having an exchange of views. 

Players in this League seem to spend an awful lot of time and energy moaning after lost causes- if they just got on and played the game things might go better for them. 

17 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Mullen was nipping away all night- you can see him going to the ref in the video when Dunsmore gets his booking (deserved) trying to get him sent off. Instead the ref had had enough and sent Mullen packing. If his talent was as big as his mooth Cowden wouldn't be bottom of the league. The way his career is going it'll be the Fife Juniors for him: from Hibs to Thornton Hibs in a few seasons. 

Compare this to the City players when the Cowden goal is scored- it's a bit of a "Geoff Hurst" but in the video you don't see City players surrounding the ref- the only moaning you see is Big Joe and Dougie having an exchange of views. 

Players in this League seem to spend an awful lot of time and energy moaning after lost causes- if they just got on and played the game things might go better for them. 

I've seen a photo of the goal Tam ball was miles over the line thats why the City players probably didn't make a big deal.

Archived