Cowden v Edinburgh City

2 minutes ago, Lawro said:

My pleasure. But no offence, I'd rather have beer.

Don't think I'll have the time to drop in to The Partners on the corner for a quick one before kick-off. Don't finish work 'til after 6pm. So it'll be a mad dash over the Forth bridge. Cheers :guinness!

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

£12 adults / £6 concessions.

I'm assuming Mr Blobby will be allowed in to Central Park free of charge and the red carpet will be rolled out in his honour as this will be the badge that completes his set for the 2016/17 season?

Just now, Mr Blobby said:

I'm assuming Mr Blobby will be allowed in to Central Park free of charge and the red carpet will be rolled out in his honour as this will be the badge that completes his set for the 2016/17 season?

Aye i'm sure inflatables get in for free:lol: don't know about the red carpet we normally reserve that for big Joe.

5 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Aye i'm sure inflatables get in for free:lol: don't know about the red carpet we normally reserve that for big Joe.

It'll be great to hear the Cowdenbeath fans singing his song again. Can't remember how it goes but something about a 'dong' if I remember correctly from the last time yous came to Meadowbank. Had my wife and co-editor in stitches :lol:. (We try not to mention Joe in our household anymore for fear of remembering 'that' song) 

54 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

It'll be great to hear the Cowdenbeath fans singing his song again. Can't remember how it goes but something about a 'dong' if I remember correctly from the last time yous came to Meadowbank. Had my wife and co-editor in stitches :lol:. (We try not to mention Joe in our household anymore for fear of remembering 'that' song) 

Don't think there will be enough Cowden supporters to form a duet tbh.

The song went a bit like this though ;  He's big, he's strong, he's got a big huge dong, Joe Mbu, Joe Mbu.

eta; It might have been he's got an enormous dong. Apparently it is big though.

25 minutes ago, Only coo in the village said:

The song went a bit like this though ;  He's big, he's strong, he's got a big huge dong, Joe Mbu, Joe Mbu.

That's massive! :lol: Now I know why Joe always wears the Number 21 on the back of his shirt. "Inches dear boy! Inches" 

Spoiler

I stole that joke from Tam the Bam. He'll never remember it was one of his.. Very witty wild, Very witty. His arrival always gives us pleasure and his departure makes us hungry for more. He's a bit like a box of chocolates. You never know what he's going to come up with next. lol

This thread's great. You guys are killing me. :bairn It's much better than the last Edinburgh City thread. Who wants to talk about football anyway when we can just tell jokes the whole time until Tuesday night. By the way,. Martin Williams from the Sunday Herald is now officially writing the jokes for the Edinburgh City fanzine and the great thing is, we don't even have to pay him lol. So that's all the more money to spend on Central Park Steak and Kidney pies. (Do you have the full compliment at the ground? eg Steak, Mince and Macaroni. At the away end, Stirling Albion said on Saturday that they did away with the Macaroni  Pies because they weren't selling and were left with shit loads. So for vegetarians, they had home made lentil soup and we got a free half cup at half time - for official tasting purposes only of course. It was great!)

Go Tell The Spartans FC Page 4 and 9 Year One Issue Sixteen  (2).png

I said to my wife tonight that 'somebody' gave me a reputation for a post in the Cowden v Edinburgh City topic. She said to me, 'Who is it'? I said to her, it's 'somebody'. Then she replied,  "Yea. well aren't you going to tell me who it is then"?. "That's just it" I said, "he's called 'somebody'!"

nicking my jokes indeed.. I'm not so far gone that I can't remember things....ermmm.....what are all you people daeing in ma living room...?

tictacs for tuesday:

arrows.jpg.e68daf29c43ba122da0a48b039c85767.jpg

City players: please stick the ball between the two posts below the arrows. ta. 

Cowden players: please try and hit the arrows with the ball. cheers. 

7 hours ago, Only coo in the village said:

We changed the song line at Meadowbank to "he wears a massive thong" for family friendly reasons.

And to prevent being ejected prematurely from the ground. Bouncers have used my nose to open doors on several occasions before. Most of the doors were locked that day. I wasn't takin the chance.

This has the potential to be an absolute classic. Five goals in two months between you.

8-2 Edinburgh.

Some interesting odds for the game if Mr Brett is reading the thread.

1. Yellow Feet to stand in the away end hand in hand with Blobby to cheer Cowden to relegation is currently 12/5

2. Mr Blobby to turn up in the famed Yellow Feet at 8/1

3. Fox to sub himself on, score an own goal and hit the present cowden fans with a massive up ye @ 20/1

4. Cowden fans to actually be in any way positive at full time is the rank outsider at 50/1

5. and of course Cowden to be relegated is looking tasty at 8/11

This has the potential to be an absolute classic. Five goals in two months between you.

8-2 Edinburgh.

Some interesting odds for the game if Mr Brett is reading the thread.

1. Yellow Feet to stand in the away end hand in hand with Blobby to cheer Cowden to relegation is currently 12/5

2. Mr Blobby to turn up in the famed Yellow Feet at 8/1

3. Fox to sub himself on, score an own goal and hit the present cowden fans with a massive up ye @ 20/1

4. Cowden fans to actually be in any way positive at full time is the rank outsider at 50/1

5. and of course Cowden to be relegated is looking tasty at 8/11

I wouldn't offer any of those to Dean Brett

Well after Saturday I'm fully expecting us to try a new formation tonight.

Sneddon

Gerry & Rumbsy

Miller

Buchanan, Moore, Renton, Carrick, Johnston, Rooney, Muirhead

Just hump it up and let Renton flick it onto one of the other 6 strikers. Easiest 3 points of the season.

For the sake of keeping the bottom end of the league entertaining, it'd be nice for Cowden to win. Think it'll be either a bore draw or City victory though.

f**k that I want history to be made. Mon Edinburgh and Blobby.

Archived