Junior Refs

lonewolfie

1 hour ago, lonewolfie said:

Did Chris Graham escape punishment for his debacle at the Bo'ness v Blantyre cup tie?

I see he's been given Clydebank v Shettleston tomorrow.

I have not been watching what games he is getting, but you clearly are.

If this is his first game since then, then it is nearly three months since his last Junior appointment. 

I am not saying he didn't make a mistake. But how long do you want him out for?

12 hours ago, Quiet Riot said:

I have not been watching what games he is getting, but you clearly are.

If this is his first game since then, then it is nearly three months since his last Junior appointment. 

I am not saying he didn't make a mistake. But how long do you want him out for?

Not on a witch hunt just wondering if he did get censured or not?

Not on a witch hunt just wondering if he did get censured or not?

Unless you know someone in the refs department you are unlikely to get to know. They don't publicise what happens to refs which is a disgrace when you look at how players are publicly flogged.

41 minutes ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

Unless you know someone in the refs department you are unlikely to get to know. They don't publicise what happens to refs which is a disgrace when you look at how players are publicly flogged.

Do you get it published if you make a mistake at your work?

Do you get it published if you make a mistake at your work?

A good point, but there are some public jobs where errors are made public. I have no problems with referees as in the main they are genuine guys who are trying to make the game better but when players suspensions are made public and referees words are taken as fact a disciplinary hearings then I feel that when referees make mistakes the referee department should come out and apologise at least.

A lot of people completely missed the point when this farce was being discussed.

Firstly, we all suffer from referee decisions we do not agree with.  But that's just it, it's all about perception.  A split-second decision made by someone who has a different angle to yours and (probably) a better knowledge of the rules.

Have a rant post match and move on.

Chris Graham's error was fundamental.  The match was ended and all of the officials, apart from him, were in agreement that it should go straight to penalties.  His decision was not split-second.  Rules were laid down clearly on how to proceed.  He then chose to ignore them and begin the farce.......

He should have been forced to re-sit his exams at the very least.  However as the SJFA chose to reject the appeal from Bo'ness, they probably felt it would look wrong to punish him, as it would cast doubt on their decision.

Back to the general topic and I am sure I will bawl in disagreement at the ref today but at least I will know it is an honest mistake in my eyes.

A good point, but there are some public jobs where errors are made public. I have no problems with referees as in the main they are genuine guys who are trying to make the game better but when players suspensions are made public and referees words are taken as fact a disciplinary hearings then I feel that when referees make mistakes the referee department should come out and apologise at least.

The beaks have to take the referees word on events. Once they start to doubt or question it the games a bogey.

The beaks are always going to back a referee over a club they have no choice anyway as we need referees to have a game and the power they have needs to be respected and that means what they say goes.

Improve your discipline is the best way to solve run ins with the beaks and referees.

Sometimes in life certain things are best kept behind close doors .

Glad the referee in question has been allocated a game hopefully he puts it all behind him and goes on to do well in the game.

1 minute ago, rednblack said:

The beaks have to take the referees word on events. Once they start to doubt or question it the games a bogey.
The beaks are always going to back a referee over a club they have no choice anyway as we need referees to have a game and the power they have needs to be respected and that means what they say goes.
Improve your discipline is the best way to solve run s with the beaks and referees.

Glad the referee in question has been allocated a game hopefully he puts it all behind him and goes on to do well in the game.

This incident had nothing to do with discipline 

He should have been forced to re-sit his exams at the very least.  However as the SJFA chose to reject the appeal from Bo'ness, they probably felt it would look wrong to punish him, as it would cast doubt on their decision.

How could the SJFA punish him when they are not involved in the appointment, training or development of referees?

You're telling me that a communication to the ruling body could not be made?  A recommendation that due to a basic flaw, a referee required to undergo his training again.

If that cannot happen then refs rule the game and need to adhere to nothing.

Felt a slight touch of sympathy for the guy. For all most of us know he could have had a blinding game, got every decision right and won the respect of all around him. Up until his massive f**k up became the only thing that mattered!

A really bizarre chapter in the Junior Cup but the sort of mistake that you wouldn't expect him to make twice, and the acute embarrassment he must feel whenever its brought up will probably be felt for some time to come. 

1 hour ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

But it WAS made public at the time. Social media were lapping it up. 

The fella made a mistake and as QL says we have few enough refs as it is so I'm pleased he has the cahoonas to keep going.

ETA- I gave you a greeny by mistake. You deserve nothing for being such an unforgiving person !

Archived