Junior Refs

lonewolfie

But it WAS made public at the time. Social media were lapping it up. 
The fella made a mistake and as QL says we have few enough refs as it is so I'm pleased he has the cahoonas to keep going.
ETA- I gave you a greeny by mistake. You deserve nothing for being such an unforgiving person !

lol I thought it must of been by mistake

I am not an unforgiving person. All I am asking for is transparency within the referees department. My rant is not aimed at the ref who imo is 1 of the better west region refs. He made a mistake that's unfortunate for all involved.

Clubs are required to pay the ref shouldn't they be entitled to feedback? that is all my point is.

3 minutes ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

lol I thought it must of been by mistake

I am not an unforgiving person. All I am asking for is transparency within the referees department. My rant is not aimed at the ref who imo is 1 of the better west region refs. He made a mistake that's unfortunate for all involved.

Clubs are required to pay the ref shouldn't they be entitled to feedback? that is all my point is.

Do you know for sure that the clubs involved haven't had feedback?

1 minute ago, F_T_Y said:

A mistake is booking the wrong player or calling a penalty wrong, this was negligence on his part not knowing the rules and making a farce of the biggest competition in the grade.

Maybe you're right. I'm being hasty by suggesting that he should or could be judged on his many more positive contributions to the game, than that mammoth, momentous negligent act.

What was I thinking?

The fact is that the game needs referees. They make errors, both big and small and for that they will be punished. The boy must have been mortified at the time and probably cringes every time he thinks about it.

Refs deserve praise for exposing themselves to the immense abuse they take every week for pennies and the love of the game.

Archived