Dotting

I find it amazing that we're having to do this but grown adults are actually getting extremely agitated about the award of red and green dots for posts on the site. Really incredible stuff. I'm perplexed by it all to be honest but users are now being banned and we've a 50 page thread on the subject so clearly it does matter, a lot, to some members!

So, for the time being at least we have removed the negative rep system. You can still give positive rep to a post but no longer negative.

Maybe that will sort the situation out, maybe it won't, but fuck me, this is supposed to be fun.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Div said:

I find it amazing that we're having to do this but grown adults are actually getting extremely agitated about the award of red and green dots for posts on the site. Really incredible stuff. I'm perplexed by it all to be honest but users are now being banned and we've a 50 page thread on the subject so clearly it does matter, a lot, to some members!

So, for the time being at least we have removed the negative rep system. You can still give positive rep to a post but no longer negative.

Maybe that will sort the situation out, maybe it won't, but f**k me, this is supposed to be fun.

Why not remove the rep system completely?  Then (hopefully) folk would post because they wanted to post rather than to garner attention from their little groups of fans.

At least you could try this on a trial basis.

13 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Why not remove the rep system completely?  Then (hopefully) folk would post because they wanted to post rather than to garner attention from their little groups of fans.

At least you could try this on a trial basis.

Why not recognise good posts?

35 minutes ago, Div said:

Maybe that will sort the situation out, maybe it won't, but f**k me, this is supposed to be fun.

Image result for turmoil gif

9 minutes ago, The Master said:

I don't know what's worse - people gathering in little groups to deliberately "red dot" certain posters, or posters actually caring that they're being "red dotted" by said little groups.

Both should be massively embarrassing for all concerned.

Brilliant entertainment though.

1 hour ago, Div said:

Why do things that might reduce traffic on the site?

FTFY

BTW this is the only form of 'social media' I use.  I think it's a brilliant site and you deserve credit for it.  Given the fact you don't get a penny from me you're quite entitled to tell me to f**k off with my opinions; I wouldn't blame you if you did.  I simply think that the site was better a few years ago before the rep system; whether it was better because there was no rep system is of course purely conjecture.

5 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

I see you never got a green dot for that post.

I didn't expect to.

2 hours ago, Div said:

NjUHMl0.gif

25 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

FTFY

BTW this is the only form of 'social media' I use.  I think it's a brilliant site and you deserve credit for it.  Given the fact you don't get a penny from me you're quite entitled to tell me to f**k off with my opinions; I wouldn't blame you if you did.  I simply think that the site was better a few years ago before the rep system; whether it was better because there was no rep system is of course purely conjecture.

I didn't expect to.

P&B isn't as good as it used to be.

Folk have been telling me that for over 13 years now.

Archived