Rovers v Spiders

Sounds like there could be a bit of doubt over the game going ahead, but hopefully the park holds up. Hoprfully we'll have a full defence to pick from this week after having to change the system last week.

Now six years and counting since we last won at Cliftonhill. Don't think we've even drawn in that time, albeit we've not always been in the same league in recent years. Law of averages surely means we're due something!

Not expecting a classic. Think a no score/low score draw could be on the cards, which I'd probably take given our recent record at Cliftonhill. However, like most games in League One, any result is possible.

Well the tables have turned since the last time Queens came to Cliftonhill. Unbelievable to think we are only 4 points away from 4th place, feels like we haven't won for months.

3 points is an absolute must.

Won't make it due to work. Sunny in Coatbridge at the moment but rain due overnight I believe.........

9 minutes ago, bridgeofweirdo said:

Realistically what are the chances of this going ahead with an overnight frost forecast and the remainder of snow from Thursday ?

Unless anyone on here is a qualified meteorologist and groundsperson then I doubt you'll get much of a scientifically accurate response. Best just to get up tomorrow morning and if it's off then still go to the pub anyway. Then tell your other half the game was abandoned late second half, in case she questions why you're heading there again some midweek ( works for me every time )    

17 hours ago, Bold Rover said:

Rovers took only 2 points from the last 3 games - against the 3 teams below us. So confidence cannot be high going into this one, facing one of the season's success teams. Are Queens due a reverse?

We lost 2 of our last 4 league games conceding 8 goals....so I'd say no   

5 hours ago, bridgeofweirdo said:

Realistically what are the chances of this going ahead with an overnight frost forecast and the remainder of snow from Thursday ?

Think waterlogging is the only real prospect of failure 

5 hours ago, Mick1867 said:

Unless anyone on here is a qualified meteorologist and groundsperson then I doubt you'll get much of a scientifically accurate response. Best just to get up tomorrow morning and if it's off then still go to the pub anyway. Then tell your other half the game was abandoned late second half, in case she questions why you're heading there again some midweek ( works for me every time )    

Or we could just declare a walkover, give them the 3 points and save on the washing. You could stick with your plan and have another night out for the postponed game that isn't happening either.

pitch was fine today - all depends on what happens overnight now. flashbacks of helping clear the snow off the pitch a few years ago ( with an almighty hangover) what a task that was - was a jump start to our promotion. JS55950638.jpg

16 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Ridiculous. Every weather forecast predicting at least 3 hours dry before kick-off. Why a 9am inspection?

I'm afraid the Coatbridge San Siro drainage has gone to pot of late. A few years ago this game would be on no probs.

7 minutes ago, Vodka Vic said:

I'm afraid the Coatbridge San Siro drainage has gone to pot of late. A few years ago this game would be on no probs.

I know we have a gifted life at Hampden but is not a wee bit embarrassing being the only game off in Scotland after one night of rain? Surely a club like Rovers should be using 4G.

Or is it a dastardly tactic by the club to get midweek games when travelling players are weary from a days work:angry:

2 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

I know we have a gifted life at Hampden but is not a wee bit embarrassing being the only game off in Scotland after one night of rain? Surely a club like Rovers should be using 4G.

Or is it a dastardly tactic by the club to get midweek games when travelling players are weary from a days work:angry:

Okay, not the only game. But those junkies at Livi just can't get out their beds.

Archived