Neighbours who can't park

Central

Next door neighbour chapped my door tonight to let me know a car was parked 'quite close' to mine, upon inspection it was actually right against my car. I took a picture and went to a jet wash to inspect any damage (my car was filthy). There are a few scratches, admittedly not much but still damage. 

Drove home then went to the guys door, despite the picture and neighbour as a witness he denied it. I've phoned the police (grass) for a bit of advice and they've given me an incident number to go through insurance with. I'm 20 so any dealings with insurance are last resort, has anyone experienced any similar issues? I'm thinking about going back to his door and telling him to stump up the cash and if he doesn't it'll be going through insurance but was looking for some good old P&B advice first of all..

2 minutes ago, Central said:

Next door neighbour chapped my door tonight to let me know a car was parked 'quite close' to mine, upon inspection it was actually right against my car. I took a picture and went to a jet wash to inspect any damage (my car was filthy). There are a few scratches, admittedly not much but still damage. 

Drove home then went to the guys door, despite the picture and neighbour as a witness he denied it. I've phoned the police (grass) for a bit of advice and they've given me an incident number to go through insurance with. I'm 20 so any dealings with insurance are last resort, has anyone experienced any similar issues? I'm thinking about going back to his door and telling him to stump up the cash and if he doesn't it'll be going through insurance but was looking for some good old P&B advice first of all..

Can we see the pics?

If it was me and it was only minor scratched then I probably would not be that arsed about it and try some T cut to rub out or get some touch up paint, there are loads of things more to worry about in  life........if your pissed off put a bag of sugar in his fuel tank ........

1 minute ago, holsten said:

If it was me and it was only minor scratched then I probably would not be that arsed about it and try some T cut to rub out or get some touch up paint, there are loads of things more to worry about in  life........if your pissed off put a bag of sugar in his fuel tank ........

It's more the fact i'd rather he paid for it than me when i go on to sell the car. Not trying to be petty or be a c**t but its blatant, some people are arseholes.

1 minute ago, Central said:

It's more the fact i'd rather he paid for it than me when i go on to sell the car. Not trying to be petty or be a c**t but its blatant, some people are arseholes.

If you can post the pics of damage crop out you registration and I will tell you if I would be pissed off .

Yes people are arseholes,some more than others ,things like this can easily escalate if you think the damage is bad and needs resprayed then fair play see if he will pay .

The fact you moved your car and then went back if you are going to the police he can easily say the damage was done elsewere .maybe you should have got him out before moving car

If you have ever dealt with police they wont give a f**k about it and palm you off to insurance     

9 minutes ago, Central said:

If you've got the front, get a quote for the fix, go back and tell him you've been to the police and you need his insurance details unless he pays up. You're right that minor bumps and scratches massively affect the sale price. But probably not enough to get it on your insurance record, so if he doesn't cave then revenge is probably your best option, and getting rid of the scratches yourself. There's some great advice on another thread for revenge, one was super gluing his windscreen wipers to the windscreens.

10 hours ago, holsten said:

What does sugar in the fuel tank do? Destroy the engine?

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

Yep, you have to go down the revenge route I'm afraid.  None of this tyre slashing nonsense.  

Shag his wife and get her pregnant.

Then once arsehole has raised the ops kid the kid could park tight to the arseholes car and damage it. Brilliant.

Archived