Scottish Cup Holders 2016 v Scottish Cup Winners 2017

itzdrk

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ticket prices are very decent, can't wait to snap them up tomorrow! Can see another big crowd, not sure if the South can be split in a cup tie though?? Hopefully sell out the home end though :thumsup2 if someone had told me a couple of years ago Hibs could potentially have a footfall of 50,000+ at ER in the space of 10 days i would've laughed at them, get them corners filled petrie :lol:

15 minutes ago, ftk said:

Disgrace if we can't manage more than 500 at Easter road for a Scottish Cup Quarter Final tie.

12 minutes ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

Even after two impressive results here already this season? Thought the Ayr fans might fancy their chances again.

Maybe I'm just being pessimistic. I'm sure we took close to 1500 the last time we played Hibs in the cup. 

We are currently looking at having a total of zero first team central defenders fit/available for this game. Ayr to win the cup. It's written in the stars. 

You can play Grant Holt as a sole defender and we still wouldn't score.

Hibs will win by a large margin if we put on the same show as we did against St Mirren.

17 hours ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

As much as I want us to win it again or at least get another trip to Hampden, the cup is fucking up our league form. 

Get through Saturday and the semis aren't till mid april. Plenty time to get back on track with the league. I want the ***s at hampden again, gies it.

The defensive situation is slightly terrifying though, Could potentially line up; Boyle, Gray, Bartley/Crane and Stevenson :wacko:

Quite tempted to head to this given it's right outside my front door. Home end looks like it's rapidly selling out so I might head into the away section. Will it be PATG for "Ayr" fans?

Hope Andrew Shinnie gets to play :wub: 

Marciano
  Gray Ambrose Touré Stevenson 
Brown
        Henderson           McGinn       
Commons
              Griffiths     Stokes             

*lul*

Marciano

Gray   Stevenson

Fyvie       Bartley       McGinn

Keatings   Cummings

Humphrey             Holt             Boyle

*srs*

Rather than playing two makeshift centre-backs, we should revert to the tried & trusted formation of the Famous Five.

We've already got two full-backs in Gray & Stevenson; Fyvie, Bartley & McGinn were clearly born in the wrong era and were always suited to the half-back position; Keatings & Cummings are your typical inside-forwards, dropping deep to spray screamers or make mazy runs through Ayr's new-fangled 'centre-backs'; Holt is the quintessential centre-forward, firing from range and bullying these 'holding midfielders' that are currently in vogue; Humphrey & Boyle are wingers.

Archived