Nashville SC will be the club heading to MLS.  I know, real imaginative. 

Funny because they are supposed to make their lower league debut next year. Essentially they are only playing one season there and “promoted”after. If the rumors are true.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/17/2017 at 17:38, Cerberus said:

These video replays are absolutely killing games.
Hardly a game goes by without a goal or penalty being disallowed over stuff like someone being offside minutes before.

It's ruining the game as a spectacle.
Bad decisions are part of the game. Let the fucking thing flow.

but that's exactly what they love, isn't it - the delays and the faux-tension of video reviews - exactly the same as the NFL, it becomes "part of the spectacle"

obviously, proper grown up fans don't need this manufactured excitement, what with the ability to appreciate the game for what it is; the requirement for pretend incident is right up there with thinking that "games are ruined as a spectacle by sendings-off" which is a similarly cretinous trope wheeled out by dullards on a regular basis....

40 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

What are the rules regarding relocation, would all the other owners be required to vote in favour? Because I'd assume that the Dallas and Houston owners wouldn't want another Texan team

I imagine it's a  statutary requirement of the league to punt a few mooted relocations/expansion teams about to keep the game on the back pages in the wake of the abject failure of the USMNT or whatever the f**k it is on the world stage...

Seems like a shady move from owner of the Crew, not sure why they would necessarily need a new stadium; of course, central stadia are far superior to the out of town affairs we see over here as well, but really not to the extent that they should up sticks and shift to Texas?

It's episodes like this that damage MLS' progress towards becoming a top-tier league. New York City, who are meant to be one of the premiere sides in the country, have played at three different stadiums this year: two baseball grounds and a college ground in Connecticut. :lol:

Suppose all of this adds to the charm of it but doesn't do it any favours in major terms.

9 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

What are the rules regarding relocation, would all the other owners be required to vote in favour? Because I'd assume that the Dallas and Houston owners wouldn't want another Texan team?

I've never seen the attendance breakdown for MLS, but I can't imagine they have a ton of people coming from out of town. If anything adding a new rivalry game should boost attendance and local tv ratings for the Houston and Dallas clubs a few times per year.

• 5 weeks later...

Time for everyone to jump on the bandwagon again in Toronto, go the FCs!! I caught the first half of the game in a bar while out for dinner, the majority of the people watching the game seemed to be fellow European immigrants and managed to watch the game without the often ridiculous comments or questions that Canadians pipe up with while watching "sawker". The one born and breed Canadian I could tell was watching the game actually stood up at his table and took his cap off when the Canadian anthem was being sung... 

• 2 weeks later...

Following an open top bus parade there is now a celebration taking place for Toronto FC outside of city hall, while out on lunch I saw a lot of fans heading that way, it wasn't -6 and I cared more I would have joined them. I'm still not the biggest fan but I was pretty happy to see them win on Saturday. With them being the first Canadian team since 2004 to win a North America wide league (Lacrosse expected) it was pretty big news and dominated the headlines on TSN and Sportsnet facebook pages, the main sports carriers here. The absolute seethe from some ice hockey fans in the comments was great reading. People posting up "who cares?" type memes.  As well as the usual "soccer is boring/gay/for pussies" comments. I love football and I love ice hockey. But some ice hockey fans here seem to go out of their way to tell you how they can't stand football and hockey is so much better. And tell me how much they hate the diving that only happens in "sawker" Not true, there is plenty of play acting in ice hockey too.

Anyway rant over, congrats to Toronto FC, thankfully they won the Canadian championship too so they can take their place in the Champions League, which they don't get for winning the Eastern Conference or the MLS Cup

On 12/11/2017 at 12:59, Torpar said:

Following an open top bus parade there is now a celebration taking place for Toronto FC outside of city hall, while out on lunch I saw a lot of fans heading that way, it wasn't -6 and I cared more I would have joined them. I'm still not the biggest fan but I was pretty happy to see them win on Saturday. With them being the first Canadian team since 2004 to win a North America wide league (Lacrosse expected) it was pretty big news and dominated the headlines on TSN and Sportsnet facebook pages, the main sports carriers here. The absolute seethe from some ice hockey fans in the comments was great reading. People posting up "who cares?" type memes.  As well as the usual "soccer is boring/gay/for pussies" comments. I love football and I love ice hockey. But some ice hockey fans here seem to go out of their way to tell you how they can't stand football and hockey is so much better. And tell me how much they hate the diving that only happens in "sawker" Not true, there is plenty of play acting in ice hockey too.

Anyway rant over, congrats to Toronto FC, thankfully they won the Canadian championship too so they can take their place in the Champions League, which they don't get for winning the Eastern Conference or the MLS Cup

Slowly but surely the attitude is disappearing. Thankfully.

Seriously, they like basketball and basketball players dive all the time.

For those who are new to MLS, yes, Expansion Draft is a strange concept. But think of it this way, expansion teams play a lot of money to join the league, its a way of saying "thanks for your money, here's something to help you be competitive."