Absolutely atrocious performance by NYCFC vs full squad Toronto FC.

Feel like this is Toronto's year. 

Speaking of which, Canadian team that wins MLS may not necessarily qualify for CONCACAF Champion's League. Which is absurd. Only way Canadian teams can qualify is through winning their Cup tournament. Which means they only have one spot.

Speaking of which, Canadian team that wins MLS may not necessarily qualify for CONCACAF Champion's League. Which is absurd. Only way Canadian teams can qualify is through winning their Cup tournament. Which means they only have one spot.

It's mental to say this about a player of his calibre but Pirlo is practically a passenger in that NYC team.

On 7/31/2017 at 16:00, thekorean said:

Toronto ended up having to win it twice to qualify for this year's Champion's League

When I was in Toronto recently, I was speaking to a Toronto FC fan. He was absolutely aghast at the fact that I said that I and almost every football fan in Europe see the MLS as an average league, well below the standard of any of the best 5 or 6 leagues in Europe. He quoted some 'marquee' players from the MLS as a way of convincing me otherwise.

Was this just a lone nutcase, or do other North Americans misjudge the quality of the MLS?

5 hours ago, Am Featha *****h Nan Clach said:

When I was in Toronto recently, I was speaking to a Toronto FC fan. He was absolutely aghast at the fact that I said that I and almost every football fan in Europe see the MLS as an average league, well below the standard of any of the best 5 or 6 leagues in Europe. He quoted some 'marquee' players from the MLS as a way of convincing me otherwise.

Was this just a lone nutcase, or do other North Americans misjudge the quality of the MLS?

Lone nutcase. Most MLS fans are very aware of leagues outside North America.

David Villa is really good. Breaking news. Sent the EnergyDrinks home tae think again.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/9/2017 at 17:26, TheGoon said:

Carlos Vela heading to LAFC. Cracking signing for them and someone I'd expect to do very well in MLS.

Quality of signings by MLS clubs seems to get better every season.

Javier Hernandez could have ended up in MLS, too.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...