1 hour ago, senorsoupe said:

That is pretty lousy as a name.  

I also didn't know that Detroit were bidding for a MLS team

There is in fact already a lower league club named Detroit City. 

Although considering their stance towards the idea MLS team in Detroit, it could be a shot at them.

Going to Florida in September so going to take in either Orlando City v New England Revolution (Wednesday Night), or vs FC Dallas (Saturday)  Looking More likely to go to the Wednesday night.   Stadium looks decent and I will be going into the terracing (sorry Safe standing Fanzone) won't live up to watching Falkirk slide 4 past Hearts at Brockville. 

Need to get some chants going when we are on the offence trying to kick a score in the oppositions hotbox

Revolution are Looooosers  :lol::lol: 

At least I've go the kick off times, unlike the last time I went to see UCF Kights American football, thought it kicked off at 3 so turned up about 12 to take in the tail gate, turns out it was a 6pm kick off, the Mrs was not impressed.

On 13/07/2017 at 20:03, senorsoupe said:

That is pretty lousy as a name.  

I also didn't know that Detroit were bidding for a MLS team

Hola, senor. I'm presently in Ottawa, so my son and I took in the Fury game on Saturday - do you go? Enjoyed the experience but, well - it's not very good, is it?

19 minutes ago, Bold Rover said:

Hola, senor. I'm presently in Ottawa, so my son and I took in the Fury game on Saturday - do you go? Enjoyed the experience but, well - it's not very good, is it?

Hi Bold Rover, welcome to Ottawa!  No I wasn't able to get to the game Saturday but I agree that it is a good day out however the quality of the football isn't all that great.  I think that the tickets are a tad bit steep for the quality of the football but I do enjoy going to the stadium.  Hope you enjoy your stay here!

4 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

Hi Bold Rover, welcome to Ottawa!  No I wasn't able to get to the game Saturday but I agree that it is a good day out however the quality of the football isn't all that great.  I think that the tickets are a tad bit steep for the quality of the football but I do enjoy going to the stadium.  Hope you enjoy your stay here!

Strangely, Bold Jnr and I thought the $18 admission (~£11) was reasonable, but $15 for a beer and a water was excessive. Decent crowd - over 5000, I understand - mainly families. No bad behaviour, and no berating the near side linesman - all very unScottish. Including polite applause for the away team's goal!

22 minutes ago, Bold Rover said:

Strangely, Bold Jnr and I thought the $18 admission (~£11) was reasonable, but $15 for a beer and a water was excessive. Decent crowd - over 5000, I understand - mainly families. No bad behaviour, and no berating the near side linesman - all very unScottish. Including polite applause for the away team's goal!

We tend to be more polite in Canada!  

I guess I'm comparing the ticket prices to last year which are pretty much the same but the Fury were playing in a stronger league.  Either way I am glad you enjoyed yourself!

That Detroit City Tetris video down the rounds on facebook is brutal.

Soccer in America from what I've seen at games and what I see on facebook is a haven for annoying hipsters, they want to look all cultured and european, but they just look like fandans trying too hard.

23 minutes ago, Snakebite said:

That Detroit City Tetris video down the rounds on facebook is brutal.

Soccer in America from what I've seen at games and what I see on facebook is a haven for annoying hipsters, they want to look all cultured and european, but they just look like fandans trying too hard.

There are a lot of those, yes. Sadly.

On 16 July 2017 at 15:59, JohnJohn said:

Going to Florida in September so going to take in either Orlando City v New England Revolution (Wednesday Night), or vs FC Dallas (Saturday)  Looking More likely to go to the Wednesday night.   Stadium looks decent and I will be going into the terracing (sorry Safe standing Fanzone) won't live up to watching Falkirk slide 4 past Hearts at Brockville.

Need to get some chants going when we are on the offence trying to kick a score in the oppositions hotbox

Revolution are Looooosers  :lol::lol:

At least I've go the kick off times, unlike the last time I went to see UCF Kights American football, thought it kicked off at 3 so turned up about 12 to take in the tail gate, turns out it was a 6pm kick off, the Mrs was not impressed.

I'm heading over to Orlando on the 25th August and got tickets for the Orlando City v Vancouver Whitecaps game on August 26. Really looking forward to it, hoping Kaka plays as he was one of my favourite players.

Anyone on here been over to a game since they moved stadium? How close is the stadium to International Drive?

38 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

I'm heading over to Orlando on the 25th August and got tickets for the Orlando City v Vancouver Whitecaps game on August 26. Really looking forward to it, hoping Kaka plays as he was one of my favourite players.

Anyone on here been over to a game since they moved stadium? How close is the stadium to International Drive?

Its about 10-15 miles from Idrive I think, never been to the stadium but had a few route maps from parks etc to help plan with the day.  If your not driving I'm sure Uber would be pretty cheap for that distance in Orlando.

On 7/19/2017 at 13:09, senorsoupe said:

We tend to be more polite in Canada!  

I guess I'm comparing the ticket prices to last year which are pretty much the same but the Fury were playing in a stronger league.  Either way I am glad you enjoyed yourself!

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/toronto-fc-sexist-apology-1.3739746

5 hours ago, senorsoupe said:

Eh, we TEND to be more polite, there are still some douchebags running around up here.

Oh and that article is from last year BTW

I know I remember the huge overreaction in the news here. I thought it was pretty funny

Edited by Torpar

Bob Bradley set to be named LAFC manager. Good choice. Always thought he got a bit of a raw deal at Swansea.

Coincidentally Galaxy sacked their manager Curt Onalfo around the same time. Or not so coincidentally. Named former MLS Cup winner and Sounders manager Sigi Schmid as interim manager. Or caretaker manager.

Edited by thekorean