After watching this I do feel Minnesota will be the whipping boys in the MLS this year. On the other hand having watched Atlanta last week I must say I have been impressed with them so far. They was unlucky last week to lose their opening match just couldn't get that second goal when they was a goal up already. Impressed by the forward play in the first two games especially that Martinez player(just got his hat trick as I write this) who looks very quick and very threatening when going forward as well as Almiron who's bagged 2 so far tonight but was also excellent last week. There defending might be a weak point in the season but could give us the entertainment factor this season that NYCFC gave last season in there matches with high scoring matches. 

On ‎3‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 16:01, 1320Lichtie said:

Won't last if this keeps up. Americans don't back losing teams.

That depends on the team. There are various squads in every sport across the country that could go through 20+ years of losing and still have great fan support.

Specifically regarding Minnesota, I suspect that the newness will keep people coming out on match day. That will of course only last a year or two, though.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/16/2017 at 03:28, Deplorable said:

That depends on the team. There are various squads in every sport across the country that could go through 20+ years of losing and still have great fan support.

Specifically regarding Minnesota, I suspect that the newness will keep people coming out on match day. That will of course only last a year or two, though.

They picked up a win and somehow are not the worst team on table.

On 3/31/2017 at 20:23, jimmy boo said:

Toronto/Kansas game is pish. Feck staying up for the second half.

Almost bought a ticket for this, the awful play combined with the pishing rain makes me glad I didn't.

Not MLS I know but I have a channel now that shows NASL games, NY Cosmos. The state of the field they play on is awful, looks like QPR's old astroturf

3 hours ago, Torpar said:

Almost bought a ticket for this, the awful play combined with the pishing rain makes me glad I didn't.

Not MLS I know but I have a channel now that shows NASL games, NY Cosmos. The state of the field they play on is awful, looks like QPR's old astroturf

Essentially English League Two/National League quality football. Seen some real shite pitches there too.

I may have mentioned before I was at Toronto Blizzard game in 1980 when ex Saint Jimmy Bone was playing for them. Now that really was pish[emoji23]

The NASL looks a bit of a farce tbh. Teams folding, leaving for other leagues. Sort of stuff you see in Sunday League. 

Is that BEIN Sports they show that league on? I was in Manning's in New Orleans in August, and they were showing a game between Tampa and Oklahoma City on one of the big screens. It was erm, odd.

5 minutes ago, Snakebite said:

The NASL looks a bit of a farce tbh. Teams folding, leaving for other leagues. Sort of stuff you see in Sunday League. 

Is that BEIN Sports they show that league on? I was in Manning's in New Orleans in August, and they were showing a game between Tampa and Oklahoma City on one of the big screens. It was erm, odd.

Quick search would suggest beIN and ESPN3.

Cheers. I lived in the States last year and its really beginning to boom, especially in the big metropolitan areas. I lived in the sticks in Wisconsin so all the rednecks didn't pay much thought to it but whenever I was in the twin cities or Chicago and even other smaller cities in the midwest like Indianapolis you could see the popularity really picking up. 

Edited by Snakebite