Forfar -vs- Montrose

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Montrose the only team we've not beaten in the league so far, and we do need a win.

Don't get the call for Scott to play, he has no final ball and offers little other than pace, I would like us to give Aitken a go. If we put Cox on the wing and start with Lister & Peters up top may turn around and go home.

9 minutes ago, Bogs_Dollox said:

Adam
Bain tob travis mcglaughlin

Scott foxy Milne swankie

Cox peters

Please mr bollan

I thought Scott looked awfully lightweight when he started against Elgin to be honest.

That said, the only real viable choices are MacKintosh, who hasn't played for weeks but at least plays on the right, or McCawl who would be out of his natural position.

1 minute ago, nofixedability said:

Montrose the only team we've not beaten in the league so far, and we do need a win.

Don't get the call for Scott to play, he has no final ball and offers little other than pace, I would like us to give Aitken a go. If we put Cox on the wing and start with Lister & Peters up top may turn around and go home.

I forgot about Aitken, he really impressed me at the start of the season, for what little game time he got.

Got to start this one with two up front, preferably big Sanny, who has been on good form, and Fraser. Couple of decent options on the bench, Hay and Smith, as well if needed. Starting with 1 up front against Stirling and Edinburgh has handed the initiative to the opposition so that we are always chasing the game-fortunately in those games we've managed to do that, but we need to be better from the start. Ferguson has to start too. Callaghan was a waste of a shirt against Edinburgh, so I'd get McWalter in the middle with Tezza, with Tezza linking up with the forwards.

1 hour ago, endieinreekie said:

Got to start this one with two up front, preferably big Sanny, who has been on good form, and Fraser. Couple of decent options on the bench, Hay and Smith, as well if needed. Starting with 1 up front against Stirling and Edinburgh has handed the initiative to the opposition so that we are always chasing the game-fortunately in those games we've managed to do that, but we need to be better from the start. Ferguson has to start too. Callaghan was a waste of a shirt against Edinburgh, so I'd get McWalter in the middle with Tezza, with Tezza linking up with the forwards.

Agree completely. We can't let Forfar dominate from the off as we won't get away with it like we did at Stirling and Edin City. A more balanced and experienced line up from the start is required in this one if we are to get any joy out of what will be a tough game. Having said that, when you see how many Berwick scored against the loons last week there is clearly a weakness in there somewhere. All the more reason for Mo to get it right from the start.

Just now, MOFOREVER said:

Agree completely. We can't let Forfar dominate from the off as we won't get away with it like we did at Stirling and Edin City. A more balanced and experienced line up from the start is required in this one if we are to get any joy out of what will be a tough game. Having said that, when you see how many Berwick scored against the loons last week there is clearly a weakness in there somewhere. All the more reason for Mo to get it right from the start.

Our weakness against Berwick was being down to ten men although we weren't helped by splitting up our best centre half pairing either to be fair.

On ‎23‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 10:20, MOFOREVER said:

After a poor second half against Arbroath and a poor first half against Edinburgh City last week it will be interesting who SP selects tomorrow.I don"t know what position Matty Allan is playing,is he in defence or midfield?I would bring back Ferguson for Callaghan,McWalter for Allan and Hay for Webster.Webster has done nothing for me this season,unless you want a player that crosses the ball at 100 mph.Jordan had a couple of good saves last week but thougth his general play was poor and his ball distribution could have been better.I am not being critical of SP he hasn"t done much wrong since his appointment and long may it continue. Someone needs to tell Ross Campbell to calm down,he was probably more tired at the end of the game than some of the players.Edinburgh City does the best steak pie.IN PETRIE WE TRUST.

Agree with you on webby. Would have Ryan starting. Not sure what you mean about Jordan thought his passing from the back was good apart from the couple of slips. Don't think he put one ball out and is probably one of the best passers of the ball in the team. Thought Matty done ok but felt we should have started with Sanny as he has made a difference when he plays

I would consider putting Matty at right back and move Cammy forward and give Webster a break as hasn't been great of late. We are missing Watson in the middle of park I Any word when he will be back?? For me Sanny should have started last week as had he caused problems in 1st half we may not have had to chase to get a draw.

Thought we lacked the attack from the midfield. I would not play Callaghan I don't think he does much apart from take free kicks. We really need to improve on corners to we seem to hit the first man constantly. We have shown over the last few weeks we can beat anyone when we play to our strengths,

2 hours ago, Judge said:

I would consider putting Matty at right back and move Cammy forward and give Webster a break as hasn't been great of late. We are missing Watson in the middle of park I Any word when he will be back?? For me Sanny should have started last week as had he caused problems in 1st half we may not have had to chase to get a draw.

Maybe Hay in for webby, but I would leave Cammy where he is as he has been brilliant at right back. Sanny has to start, preferably with a partner upfront beside him, fraser probably 

Archived