Stranraer v Brechin City

I think we must take all 3 points on Tuesday to stop this very poor run, from what I have seen this year there is really not much between all teams in this league apart from maybe Livingston and getting points at home is a must as I fear they may be scare on the road. I will record Corrie and will be at the Glebe on Tuesday anyone needing a lift thru fae Farfar let me know on here and I will arrange to pick you up.

Far from a great game in difficult conditions but an important 3 points. First goal took a wicked deflection and marking was poor for Malcolm's header but he finished well. Stranraer were the better team and the one at least trying to play some decent football. In all fairness to Brechin though they were denied a good opportunity to score when the referee made a shocking call by stopping play when they had a clear advantage. They also came close to scoring a few times in the second half. 

I thought Neill had a good game at the back. He sure ain't silky but he defends well, does the simple stuff effectively and clears his lines when in any doubt - probably what we have needed for a wee while. Barron also had a better game alongside him but Brechin had nobody in the class of Rory McAllister. Thomson put in a good shift in midfield and Gibson had his usual quality moments. Being 100% honest Malcolm ain't the player he once was (the system we currently deploy doesn't help his case) but he can never be faulted for effort and it was good to see him get his 100th goal - well deserved for a good servant to the club over the years.

Still not impressed by Micky Donald but suspect he will start next weeks game. Farroll has made a great start to his time as manager though and it would be unfair and pedantic to simply focus on one of the many calls which he has made since taking over. Team is a lot more organised and seem to be putting in a little bit more effort as well. Actually attends games now expecting a win rather than hoping for one.        

11 hours ago, CITY1974 said:

No prob s with sticking by him ... But his tactics are woeful ... 20 mins to go 1 down put on a dodgy centre half to replace a midfielder.... I'll be there on Tues but looking at the bigger picture we need to start winning now .... 

This. 

3 hours ago, underpar said:

It would appear we are a team in free fall at this moment. Tight league where a couple of wins can see you heading in the right direction . Hard game this coming midweek and one we need to win . I'll be there giving my support . A return to the form of early season would be helpful . A good team doesn't become a bad team over night. Very important folk get out of the house and go to the game and support the team instead of sitting in front of the computer desperately wishing us to lose  to slag off Dods. 

And This .  

FTFY  BTW . ;)

9 hours ago, tuckersloan said:

Far from a great game in difficult conditions but an important 3 points. First goal took a wicked deflection and marking was poor for Malcolm's header but he finished well. Stranraer were the better team and the one at least trying to play some decent football. In all fairness to Brechin though they were denied a good opportunity to score when the referee made a shocking call by stopping play when they had a clear advantage. They also came close to scoring a few times in the second half. 

I thought Neill had a good game at the back. He sure ain't silky but he defends well, does the simple stuff effectively and clears his lines when in any doubt - probably what we have needed for a wee while. Barron also had a better game alongside him but Brechin had nobody in the class of Rory McAllister. Thomson put in a good shift in midfield and Gibson had his usual quality moments. Being 100% honest Malcolm ain't the player he once was (the system we currently deploy doesn't help his case) but he can never be faulted for effort and it was good to see him get his 100th goal - well deserved for a good servant to the club over the years.

Still not impressed by Micky Donald but suspect he will start next weeks game. Farroll has made a great start to his time as manager though and it would be unfair and pedantic to simply focus on one of the many calls which he has made since taking over. Team is a lot more organised and seem to be putting in a little bit more effort as well. Actually attends games now expecting a win rather than hoping for one.        

Have watched the manager's after-match comments following 2 recent games.

Comes across well. I am a good friend of an excellent coach who has been brought

in to improve the Under-20s long term, and he tells me the manager deserved this

opportunity. Good organiser on and off the park, and from day one has had a clear

vision about the way forward for Stranraer, both with the first team and Under-20 squad.

The management team attended Monday's Under-20 game against Albion Rovers

to see exactly what they have at that level. Rovers equalised well into time added

on in a 1-1 draw at Coatbridge.

6 hours ago, CITY1974 said:

How dare you slate the team ..If that's all your gonna do stay at home .... GYTF ...Its support team needs not criticism of unfortunate defending ....:whistle

Very good .  How long did it take you to think up that masterpiece ?  That's the first piece of cemetery end satire I have genuinely chuckled at. 

Have watched the manager's after-match comments following 2 recent games.
Comes across well. I am a good friend of an excellent coach who has been brought
in to improve the Under-20s long term, and he tells me the manager deserved this
opportunity. Good organiser on and off the park, and from day one has had a clear
vision about the way forward for Stranraer, both with the first team and Under-20 squad.
The management team attended Monday's Under-20 game against Albion Rovers
to see exactly what they have at that level. Rovers equalised well into time added
on in a 1-1 draw at Coatbridge.

Apparently the new manager contacted the Head of Youth more times in his first two weeks than his predecessor did in his whole term.

Nice to see them taking an interest in the 20's. Hopefully a couple more Kyle Turners coming through.

Archived