Stranraer v Brechin City

Hopefully Brechins dismal run of form continues and the blues close right up on the main pack.The home side have improved greatly in recent games and look more like the team who finished the season so well last term,competition for places is probably the best this season and looking forward to hopefully a positive result.

Again another must win for us as we try and escape the relegation zone. Decent start under new manager but need to turn draws into wins , we still need a striker on form to convert the many chances we are creating. When you look at the league any defeat for us with the teams above us winning would create a gap that might be to big to claw back, most teams above us ( except Peterhead) have 1 or 2 games in hand , so no room for us to slip up .

such a pity we waited so long to get rid of Reid we allowed him to drag us too far down that it's making the job much more difficult for the new manager. The three draws and a win would have been super results if we had been sitting mid table but we've made little or no ground on the teams around us and they seem to be getting some form back also .( I know we've moved from bottom to bottom equal ). I'm still confident we can get out of this mess just a little annoyed that we allowed it to happen .

Nothing to be annoyed about, in my opinion. Brian Reid managed the team to within a hairs breadth of promotion last season,

and as such deserved every chance. He was given that, things didn't work out, end of.

I'm not really looking at other teams right now, just at us.

And so far the performance of the team, and the new manager, looks pretty good to me.  

Guest TOPFITTER

Given Stranraer's recent performances you would think one would be hopeful but that would be forgetting the depths they showed they could drop to under a manager who had them BOTTOM at Christmas TWO SEASONS RUNNING !!!

Only a fool would stick their neck out predicting how the "Wee Toon" are likely to do, be like standing with a banger in your hand and guessing when it would explode so you could throw it away. Continuing the fireworks analogy Gibson and Thomson Lit Up Stair Park last week but the defence was more like a damp squib !!!!

There's no fool like an old fool and I am going to predict a home win (PLEASE) probably a scraped 2-1 after losing the lead just before half time and fighting the decisions of the Ref and his Assistants during the second as the crowd look agonisingly at their watches Big Robbo scores in the 90 +3 minute, celebrates with the crowd and picks up a yellow and a suspension !!!!!  Only Stranraer can turn ectstacy into agony before you blink ;)

No doubt Hedgie will come on and back his decision ... Does nt exactly fill you with enthusiasim for goin to Tuesdays game ... Be a very poor crowd ... i hope im very wrong but just can t see us winning anytime soon ... Everything s gone stale with club top to bottom 

Awe ffs. End of last season a hero, the beginning of this one, hey the guys doing great. I'm the 1st to admit we're not at the races. so what do we do money tight, no chance of changing manager so we rip it to bits. Let's get together n give it a go. A run (which isn't impossible,tight league) cud c us doing ok. The club needs us together we are. Mon the city

Awe ffs. End of last season a hero, the beginning of this one, hey the guys doing great. I'm the 1st to admit we're not at the races. so what do we do money tight, no chance of changing manager so we rip it to bits. Let's get together n give it a go. A run (which isn't impossible,tight league) cud c us doing ok. The club needs us together we are. Mon the city

Well haven't won a game this year and he is still sticking with the same formation and no sign of it changing any one can see it isn't working. Your right though there's no chance of a change of manager so we just have to stick with it I'll be there every week supporting my team no matter what

Obvious happy clapper is obvious

Amazingly only 3 points between Stranraer and Brechin now,think it was 15 not so long ago,could well be a repeat of last season,foot of the table at Xmas,5 unbeaten,4 clean sheets and a settled team at last,Airdrie next week,another team on a desperate run,things on the up for the blues.

No prob s with sticking by him ... But his tactics are woeful ... 20 mins to go 1 down put on a dodgy centre half to replace a midfielder.... I'll be there on Tues but looking at the bigger picture we need to start winning now .... 

It would appear we are a team in free fall at this moment. Tight league where a couple of wins can see you heading in the right direction . Hard game this coming midweek and one we need to win . I'll be there giving my support . A return to the form of early season would be helpful . A good team doesn't become a bad team over night. Very important folk get out of the house and go to the game and support the team instead of watching Corrie.

Archived