Razor Blades

1 minute ago, jamamafegan said:

f**k buying razor blades. Electric razors all the way. I've never understood why people spend so much money on razor blades when you can buy an electric one that will last you for years and years.

Electric ones are ineffective if you're a hairy guy like me.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Opted for the OPs conclusion a couple of years back and went beardy. (Not hipster, I'm talking 40+ fatty here).

However, prior to that, and when I do need to trim the neck and chops a couple is times a week, I can't see past the disposable Gillette Blue II slalom plus (word salad makes them seem wankier than they are). Pick them up when they're on bogof and by far and away the best available.

Maybe it's me, but just cannot use anything by wilkinson sword without it turning into a mess.

2 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

I've got a cuthroat razor too. It's not very good but it's more exciting than the modern razors

Yep,one slip or stumble when the blades in the wrong place and then that's the end of you. Claret everywhere.

1 hour ago, Rugster said:

I hate shaving. Once or twice a week at most. Electric razors give me a rash. 

I've tried them and they take forever. A wet shave takes no more than a minute, probably more like 30 seconds.

15 minutes ago, BallochSonsFan said:

wpa91ddb80_05_06.jpg

and

personnaplatinum.jpg

Blades are about £4 a pack. 

Job done.

I learned to shave using a safety razor, badger brush and shaving soap and the whole ritual involved with it.  There's one simple reason for the hegemony of the 2/3 blade cartridge razor:  safety razors are time-wasting shite.

I can step out of the shower, smear some cheap gel on my face and have a baby-smooth chin within about 2 minutes using a supermarket cartridge razor.  Using a safety razor I'd spend much longer to achieve poorer results.

BTW I mentioned having a urinal in the boys' bathroom the other day.  The second greatest thing every bloke should have is a heated mirror in the shower room.  No more wiping the mirror with your towel and much more time to admire my handsome Sevco face..

17 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

I learned to shave using a safety razor, badger brush and shaving soap and the whole ritual involved with it.  There's one simple reason for the hegemony of the 2/3 blade cartridge razor:  safety razors are time-wasting shite.

I can step out of the shower, smear some cheap gel on my face and have a baby-smooth chin within about 2 minutes using a supermarket cartridge razor.  Using a safety razor I'd spend much longer to achieve poorer results.

BTW I mentioned having a urinal in the boys' bathroom the other day.  The second greatest thing every bloke should have is a heated mirror in the shower room.  No more wiping the mirror with your towel and much more time to admire my handsome Sevco face..

A wee spray of shower cleaner on the mirror sorts it without the need for heated mirror. I have a mirror on the tikes in the shower for shaving and that works fine for me. 

......Sevco face.... what happened to your previous face ?

32 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

I wont take lessons in shaving from someone whose ID could be construed as BJK.  We enlightened Bears have moved on from this pash.

You clearly haven't when it crossed your mind. No one else has ever made that connection funnily enough.

Archived