Aberdeen vs Ross County 25th Feb

Might as well get this started...

In the cup game a couple of weeks ago we left it late but were deserving of the victory. Interesting to see what happens now off the back of a thumping goalfest vs Well and a sub-par performance but great comeback against Killie on Sunday. I hope - and think - that Shinnie will likely be back in for this one. Will we need the supersubs this weekend? Let's see.

I'm not very good with score predictions but reckon we'll edge this, particularly at home. 

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've no idea how this one's going to turn out.

We're on a good run and a number of our players are hitting form - hopefully this continues and we play well.

Excited and can't wait for Saturday afternoon - being an Dons fan has been pretty exciting recently after a slow start to the season and missing out on the league cup. Still lots to play for.

Stand Free!

Back at home, would hope for a decent crowd but that could be weather dependant......I expect a solid victory, 2-1 or 3-1. Would like to avoid the requirement of the subs helping out but it does have me feeling less uneasy that we have had 2 good results that came about from impact subs as we have not had that in our locker when strugglign to break down organised teams.

That said, County may not have an Addison to help us out like Kille.

48 minutes ago, Forfinn said:

You're suggesting that backing Aberdeen at -2 would be like throwing money away?

No, I'm suggesting that backing Aberdeen at -2 is going to result in me living a Wolf Of Wall Street lifestyle.

Quaaludes for all at Hearts away!

Looking forward to this one, albeit I expect it to be a very tough game. While County haven't been in the best form lately, that will come to an end very soon.

In terms of team, this is probably the toughest team to pick so far this season given how well Pawlett, Stockley and Shinnie contributed at Kilmarnock combined with the eleven that started v Motherwell. Given our ponderous performance in the middle of the park last week, Shinnie has to come in there. Personally I would start without McLean, not that he is playing badly at all, it's just very tough to drop anyone. So team would be: Lewis; Logan, Taylor, Reynolds, Considine; Jack, Shinnie; McGinn, Christie, Hayes; Rooney.

While we could fit Shinnie in at left back and push Considine into centre half, I don't think that's a good idea. The defence is settled and should remain so. If Reynolds does have to drop out, take in O'Connor. A steady defence is important, and last season we saw it change far too often.

With Willie Collum in charge, worth looking at red cards too!

Fancy us to win 2-0 tomorrow, McGinn and Stockley to score.

2 minutes ago, BucksburnDandy said:

Looking forward to this one, albeit I expect it to be a very tough game. While County haven't been in the best form lately, that will come to an end very soon.

In terms of team, this is probably the toughest team to pick so far this season given how well Pawlett, Stockley and Shinnie contributed at Kilmarnock combined with the eleven that started v Motherwell. Given our ponderous performance in the middle of the park last week, Shinnie has to come in there. Personally I would start without McLean, not that he is playing badly at all, it's just very tough to drop anyone. So team would be: Lewis; Logan, Taylor, Reynolds, Considine; Jack, Shinnie; McGinn, Christie, Hayes; Rooney.

While we could fit Shinnie in at left back and push Considine into centre half, I don't think that's a good idea. The defence is settled and should remain so. If Reynolds does have to drop out, take in O'Connor. A steady defence is important, and last season we saw it change far too often.

With Willie Collum in charge, worth looking at red cards too!

Fancy us to win 2-0 tomorrow, McGinn and Stockley to score.

Agree with just about all of this especially the part about the back 4.  Putting Shinnie in at LB would be for the wrong reasons, motivated more by a desire to start all of Shinniie, Christie, Mclean and Jack than what is right for the team.  

My only change to your team would probably be Mclean in for Christie.   I think he's been brilliant of late and is willing to do the unfashionable work in midfield now too.  Very difficult decision for Derek though admittedly.

Archived