Alloa Athletic FC V Airdrieonians FC

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, DestroyedByMadness said:

It's a huge boost for the Diamonds,  hopefully Jordan gets a good run now,   I'm sure your son will help us turn a corner Mrs. McGregor.

Lol I'm not jordans mum , but I do know her and she'll be goin nuts reading this thinking she's gettin accused of my posts :-) 

9 hours ago, She who dares gins said:

I'll just abandon ship on this match now. We are rank.

Last time we went to Alloa we had won only two games and lost to the Rovers at home in a league game for the first time in70 years, but somehow managed to beat Alloa who had been on a good run. That is what it has been like this season and I expect the inconsistency to continue. Ever hopeful? Or will it be 'disappointing" post match report in our new mini league?

Won't be able to make this one due to extreme skintitude, so will have to content myself with following it online.  Glad to hear McGregor will be available, that should boost our chances... but it just depends on which Airdrie team turns up.  We were excellent in the final half hour (and most of the second half, really) against Peterhead, and reasonably good, though still second best, against Livi in the first half, but we're capable of such woeful football at times that even a spell of really good play wouldn't make me confident of getting a result.  Conroy will be a big loss to us, but I think Leitch will be back in, at least.

I reckon it'll be:

Ferguson

McIntosh - McGregor - Mensing - MacDonald

Stewart - Leitch - Hutton - Brown

Ryan - McKay

With Russell and Gorman benched.  

5 hours ago, Tulloch Gorum said:

Won't be able to make this one due to extreme skintitude, so will have to content myself with following it online.  Glad to hear McGregor will be available, that should boost our chances... but it just depends on which Airdrie team turns up.  We were excellent in the final half hour (and most of the second half, really) against Peterhead, and reasonably good, though still second best, against Livi in the first half, but we're capable of such woeful football at times that even a spell of really good play wouldn't make me confident of getting a result.  Conroy will be a big loss to us, but I think Leitch will be back in, at least.

I reckon it'll be:

Ferguson

McIntosh - McGregor - Mensing - MacDonald

Stewart - Leitch - Hutton - Brown

Ryan - McKay

With Russell and Gorman benched.  

I'd agree with that line up except if we're going to have 2 genuine strikers it must be Russell instead of McKay. Russell's totally wasted on the wing but I'm sure he still have goals in him as a striker. McKay is out of his depth just now although he may be a good player down the line.

Archived