Stirling - Edinburgh City

Very lucky to get the win and the 3 points today but thanks to a good Ross Kavanagh goal in the first half we got the 3 points but oh dear in the 2nd half we were very poor and if Edinburgh City were a bit more clinical in front of goal then they would have won. Still 3 points and a clean sheet today and given the results elsewhere Cowdenbeath losing, Clyde losing  :lol: we move up a place in the League.

On to Tuesday night when we play Elgin at Forthbank but if we are to get anything from this game we need to improve.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Many thanks to the Stirling Albion security team for letting Mr Blobby in to the Forthbank ground - second time around. And cheers to Chairman Brown for the guided tour and the free Binos badge for Mr Blobby's scarf. :thumsup2 See you all in the return at Meadowbank on Saturday 28 April.

Cowdenbeath on Tuesday - final away club badge to collect (Not counting Spartans FC in the East of Scotland Cup semi-final, if they have one?)

Mr Blobby with Steve Peebles at second Stirling Albion game.jpg

DSC00001Stirling.jpg

On 23/02/2017 at 17:37, Dumb yatt said:

Think I will sit this one out.

Rugby on the telly.

Sun was shining, so I was lured to Forthbank. Missed out on being frisked by over zealous steward, better luck next time. Well taken goal by RK. Clean sheet. Other than that I felt I had been watching a social experiment. You attack the first half we'll attack the second. Results elsewhere went out way so mustn't grumble. Seemed a decent crowd, numbers wise.

'Grats to the Binos on the three points, almost caught up with us now.

As for Edinburgh, respect for how you guys are holding up this season, and good luck at Cowden this midweek. Hope the squad does their best and empties those tanks so we can roll the lot up on Saturday.

Awful performance again, but actually, credit where credit is due because that was a patched up team and we came away with a win, so you have to be happy with that.

If Edinburgh had a striker, or if See had been playing, the scoreline could of been very different, but credit to our Back 4, I thought Smith and McGeachie were more composed than McMillan and Wright have been the past few months.

The Midfield were non-existant however, Dickson, to his credit, tried to get into the game and played 2 or 3 excellent through balls to Smith, Kav and McLaren but he can't be expected to do it all.

Talking of Kav, he was excellent today, full of movement and full of energy. We have one clear cut chance and he finished it brilliantly. This lad could have a big future not only at the club but in the game.

Yeah, we weren't great but it's a good feeling walking away from Forthbank with 3 points, and I'm convinced it makes my beer taste better tonight as well.

Portous, Walker, Lewis and Laird all blasted the ball over the bar from about 8 yards out and Walker hit the post in the 2nd half with the Albion player just got a toenail in to clear the ball. City did have other chances but failed to convert them. Again from my view point it as a combination of errors that led to the only goal of the game but the Stirling player never gave up and got his reward. Onto Tuesday now for game against Cowdenbeath.

Sorry TTB typo.

So if you guys could do it strategically, Stirling take the points today then Edinburgh get them back off Cowden on Tuesday. That's great cheers.

Excellent from you both realising the importance of my strategy here. 10/10 for all concerned.

On 23/02/2017 at 06:18, Mr Blobby said:

Any time. Wayne Shaw to sign as a third goalie and challenge Mr Blobby to a pie eating contest. Sponsored by Sun Bets.

pie-eating-contest.jpg

Archived