Best/Worst chant heard at your ground?

13 minutes ago, thistledo said:

Dunno if this is good or bad, but the 12 days of Archibald was quite funny the first couple of times. 

Believe it or not, that started at T in the Park about 2012. Amazing what a few cans of lager can do

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oooft T in the Park one year was full of roasters doing the Kolo/Yaya Toure song and it did my fucking nuts in. 
Think that was the year the Human League played just after the League Cup win/Peter Pawlett baby chant. King Tuts was fucking bouncing with Aberdeen fans!

I went in 2015 and it was still going on! The "f**k off, James McCarthy" chant was top notch, though.

Does my tits in when Dundee fans sing "Beautiful Monday" as opposed to beautiful Sunday. It's a DAB song and should stay that way.

Beautiful Sunday is a dab song.
Beautiful Monday is a dab slaying song.

HTH.

worst: I dislike "we hate rangers more than you"

I agree with hating rangers, that bit's fine, but it's a grammatical syntactical mess.

It's clearly meant to mean that we hate Rangers more than you do but could easily be construed as meaning that we hate rangers more than we hate you, which is just a weird thing to sing at folk. I blame comprehensive education.

best: I don't know if this was a one off or just very short lived and I think it might have been improvised by the blootered gentleman who sang it to visiting arabs:

You've got a sackfull of jute,

your wife wears a shellsuit

you've only got one shoe

and you stink of pee.

I always hate when Partick Thistle sing "There's only one team in Glasgow". Not because it's a bad song or anything, but it usually results in some of the dimmer ones among our fans to reply with "No there's no'. There's 2!" Occasionally they'll say three if they've sobered up a bit.

Aberdeen's "come on you reds" is up there with the worst. Hate everything about it.

I've always liked that one. Straight, to the point, usually chanted when we've got a good chance, corner or right at the start of the game at Pittodrie.

On 2/22/2017 at 11:33, 10menwent2mow said:

I remember the best one for total randomness was a guy suddenly bursting into the sound of music at ibrox. I'd no idea where it was going but it ended up as.

'The hills are alive with the sound of Ricksen's a w****r'

I remember Killie fans in the 70s singing 'The hills are alive with the sound of John Greigs a b*****d'

Archived