Best/Worst chant heard at your ground?

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

Everywhere we go, Everywhere we go, Everywhere we go, It's the Aberdeen boys making all the noise, Everywhere we go.

Is indescribably awful, utterly cringe-worthy and it must be stopped.

Not just specifically this, though it is a good example of it, but pet hate is dozens of teams copying songs that took off somewhere else and just shoehorning in their own players / team.

Easy case in point, the Will Grigg's on fire song- brilliant invention and a catchy tune for Wigan (and valid enough for Norn Iron), done to death within about 6 weeks by every team in the land, fortunately seems to have died away as quickly as it arose.

9 minutes ago, Milnzo said:

Two favourites.

Oh shitey, shitey. Shite, shite, shite, shitey Galloway - aimed at Shitey Galloway.

Old school classic, that one.

That's something else that seems to have died out, songs about opposing players other than "<player>, you're a w****r, you're a w****r" or "<ex-player /manager>, what's the score?" when your team are winning- can remember the one about Dave McPherson as well (must have been a Hearts thing).

Another one that sticks in the mind was about Richard Gough's sexual predilections in the early 90s...

Not particularly the best. But I remember being at Rugby park when Ally McCoist played his last game when he was also on Question of sport. The Celtic fans chanting 'only one John Parrot' to Ally throughout the game. Ally seemed to enjoy the banter. IIRC Killie won 1-0.

Some of the worst ones I've heard:
Wallace Mercer is dead and we're no
Rudi Skiacel is a fucking refugee
You're just a fat Eddie Murphy  - Aimed at Christian Nade
Larry Kingston is a looky looky man 

Certainly had a chuckle at that there :lol:

1 hour ago, jmothecat said:

Another one I sort of liked when I first hear it just by how rubbish it was was against Kilmarnock at Pittodrie. Just 'you're not very good, you're not very good, you're not very, you're not very, you're not very good.'

It just seemed so polite for a football chant. Heard it a few times subsequently, but it was the game that Mackie scored a wonder-goal when the Killie keeper sacked the ball against Dazler's head and it went straight in, to put us 3-0 up.

I remember a while ago Dons fans were singing 'Here we go' quite a bit. Always wondered what that actually meant.

There was a game at Tannadice when Zaluska had just signed a pre-season deal with Celtic and the Dons fans started singing 'Celtic's number two' when he had the ball, then went up to 'Celtic's number three, Celtic Celtic's number three' and so on until about eight or nine.

Think this was during the Abhergreen era...

Adopting the 'Sheep are on fire' chant after Hibs fans started singing it at us at Easter Road the following away game against Hibs after the fancy dress burning incident was enjoyable. Became a staple chant not too long after that.

I remember a number of seasons ago when playing Hibs at Easter Road, Celtic were handing out a bit of a beating which resulted in the away fans to start with the "you're no' very good" chant.  It was quickly followed by "you're no' very clean" from the home ends. :lol:

25 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

At a Rangers v Aberdeen game several years ago during Dick Advocaats spell just after signing Michael Mols, the Rangers fans were chanting the usual "Yer only sheep-shagging b*****ds!"

The Aberdeen fans came back with "Well we'd rather shag the sheep than Mols's wife!!!" emoji1.png

Mols%20Michael%20220399-01.jpg

For a brief time, the chant of "Oh Michael Mols, your wife's a model...a Quasimodo, a Quasimodo" would do the rounds at Celtic away games.

I remember an Aberdeen fan doing likewise to us up at Pittodrie circa late 90's , the insinuation seeming to be that in the oil capital they are loaded as opposed to poor Weegies, he didnt look so smug a few seconds later when a big north east gust of wind blew the two £20 notes out his hand dissapearing swiftly out of sight :thumsup2

Did he catch a mobile phone, unlock it and find a text about how Henrik Larsson cured depression just after he lost the notes?

Or are you just a liar?

10 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

Like those crass fuckers Celtic singing YNWA, shameless.

Clubs that sing YNWA:-

Celtic

Liverpool

Borussia Dortmund

Eintracht Braunschweig

A common theme, all cünts.

FC Mainz also sing it, but fairly indifferent to them.

Who ate all the straw? Who ate all the straw? Dave McPherson, donkey b*****d. He ate all the straw.
Heard that at one of my first ever away days about 1991 on the terracing at Tynecastle. Still makes me laugh.

Everywhere we go, Everywhere we go, Everywhere we go, It's the Aberdeen boys making all the noise, Everywhere we go.
Is indescribably awful, utterly cringe-worthy and it must be stopped.

Seems like half the Scottish teams have started singing that Motherwell 'bois' 'when I was young, I followed on' chant.

There's a group of guys who sing the same song every time we play Hearts, and it's absolutely dreadful. Goes something like "by the lights of the silvery moon, we fucked the boys in the maroon." That and the jimmy saville stuff that's thankfully stopped are by a long way the worst ones chanted by Thistle.

"No means no" at David Goodwillie in our first game back up was the only time I've seen a footballer genuinely fucking furious about a chant.

There's a group of guys who sing the same song every time we play Hearts, and it's absolutely dreadful. Goes something like "by the lights of the silvery moon, we fucked the boys in the maroon." That and the jimmy saville stuff that's thankfully stopped are by a long way the worst ones chanted by Thistle.

"No means no" at David Goodwillie in our first game back up was the only time I've seen a footballer genuinely fucking furious about a chant.

Like the Doris Day song?

Dundee's game at Ibrox earlier this season had a good comeback in it from Sevco unlike Sunday's game. 

The not so loyal zombies started heading for the exits with the score at nil nil around the 80 minute mark to the sound of the travelling Derry singing "Glasgow Rangers, do walking away". The rage and bile coming from the home ends as a reaction to said song was FAF. 

Not so funny was when they scored a 94th minute winner and as the travelling Dees bailed out,   the chunts in the home end that were left, started singing "Dundee FC, do walking away" loud as f**k btw. Decent banter for a club that is barely 5 years old tho.  

3 minutes ago, Kneetrembler said:

We're Red,
You're Dead,
We're Bouncing on your head,
We're Aberdeen.

This little ditty makes me physically cringe on the odd occasion it gets chanted at Pittodrie.

Read in a book about the Hibs casuals by that Derek Dykes character that, after the Aberdeen fans kicked that Raymond Morrell guy into a coma, nearly killing him, in the mid 80's the next game between them the Dons fans were singing, to the tune of that Nena-99 Red Balloons song

"Ninety nine soccer reds...

Jumping on poor Raymond's head..."

Pretty poor taste but funny as f**k :lol:

34 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

28 minutes ago, jmothecat said:

Like the Doris Day song?

Aye- I actually quite like that one, it's fairly unique.

7 minutes ago, BdenJag said:

A Thistle fan always shouts "come on the football team". Should lead to a lifetime ban to be honest.

That's more "fans with shite patter" than chants tho I agree. "Gee them nothing" is another favourite of his.

Archived